Promise

Eleven

“Good morning,”

Boy’s voice. It must’ve been dream.

The shine of the sun comes sneakily to her room through slight slits of all over her room’s windows. Someone must’ve been opening it, she thought. She’s not opening her eyes just yet, they all are just too sticky to even be opened right now. All she feels is just that she is tired and wanting to keep her eyes shut all the time. She pulls up her blanket before continuing her deep sleep, but someone's voice interrupts her.

Hey, good morning,”

Twice. Still boy’s voice, she starts denying that it was a dream. She opens her eyes and find someone smiling just brightly in front of her, making her all embarassed because of showing her messy self.

“Sehun, why did you get here?” she said, still cannot be focused.

“Ask later. I had news that you might not like,”

She then sits up herself and opens her eyes widely, giving signal to tell her quickly.

“You skipped the morning class,”

Dang!  An invisible lightning feels like just crashed her head. She yelps in shock and looking for her phone. A hundred missed calls and texts by Ethan. Her face is full of worry to see that it’s been 11 pm.

“Hey, hey, calm down. Ethan took care of your attendance, and told the professor that you’re sick. He just called me this morning,”

“Why don’t you wake me up? You got my apartment’s key, huh?”

“I did! Million times. Well, how could you open your own apartment’s door or even only find your own key if you didn’t even want to walk by yourself,”

“You picked me up all the way from garage to here?”

“I have no choice,”

Krystal rolls up the blanket and bury her face in it. She’s just too embarassed to show her face after the story of her laziness to even just wake up. Plus, she needs to be picked up all the way. It must be heavy—she thinks. Meanwhile, Sehun chuckles at her cute action and pull her blanket slowly.

“I brought your brunch,” he said softly and shows the plate full of pancakes flooded with maple syrup on it, and sliced fruits: kiwi, banana, mango and oranges. Krystal’s favorite breakfast all the time, but she just rolls up her blanket again and position herself to get deep sleep again. Sehun pulls the blanket again and hold it with one hand, while the other one is holding a spoonful of sliced pancake and kiwi in front of Krystal’s mouth, “Say Aaa,”

Krystal has no other choice but to obey Oh Sehun at that time. She opens and start chewing her foods. To be honest, she also feels hungry since Sehun woke her up.

“My class has been skipped but why did you still wake me up? You can just let me to enjoy the dreamland. You know it’s not everyday I got chance to have so much sleep like this,”

“You promised to watch Ethan’s game this afternoon, didn’t you? He will be against Kookmin University. He said that you have to come since it was a promise,”

She suddenly taps her head loudly and let out a heavy sigh. Fool, she thinks. How can she forget an important event such that one. First game of this year’s National Baseball Championship will be SNU vs Kookmin. Ethan has reminded her all the time they met, because he did a lot of preparation for that.

“Don’t tap your head that hard. You’ll get amnesia,” he said while finishing the last spoon to feed her.

“I just think that my capability as MIT student has mostly degraded,”

“Couldn’t agree more. Just get ready after this. We’ll take you there. We also have schedule to do photoshoots near the stadium this afternoon,” he said then wiped Krystal’s mouth which covered by maple syrup before leaving her room.

 

-xxxxx-

 

“The game will be started in 10 minutes,”

You’re so dead, Krystal Jung.

Ethan is now in the change room, listening to the instruction of the coach’s but can’t concentrte at all. He just got back from the field for the sake in looking for someone namely Krystal Jung. Which can be nowhere to find. She promised him to come and cheer him on, but til 10 minutes to go, she can’t be seen anywhere. He is 100% sure about that. Eventhough the stadium is really filled by thousand people, he always has his eyes just for his bestfriend, Krystal Jung.

Always late. Or maybe she’s not coming? What a sly. She promised everytime—e-ve-ry-time. Maybe she comes, but she’s just late. What? Why is she always late? She knows the schedule, I told her everytime! She can at least get prepared 3 hours before the game! Is it not important to you?

“Ethan, are you listening?” the coach said, and there’s no response, “Ethan!”

“Y-yes, coach? I’m listening,”

“You better get your mind right this time!”

He will blame everything to Krystal if even something is not in sync today.

 

-xxxxx-

 

PS. I just woke up this morning and feel like wanting to update, haha. Don't forget to comment and subscribe! I make it a bit slow paced so I hope you guys can enjoy the pace of the story :)