Yoon Sehwa

Eleven

“It’s not like this, you fool,” Inhwan teased at Krystal’s paper while pointing his finger to her work.

“What do you know about engineering, huh? Shut up,” Krystal pouted then continue writing her paper while blocking it from Inhwan.

“Inhwan is right. Here and here shouldn’t be like this,” Ethan explained her calmly.

“Ya! Are you really an MIT student?” Inhwan said then laugh. The worst laugh that Krystal doesn’t want to hear at that time. She puts her headset on with no music playing. She hopes that Inhwan will disappear immediately. Why should he be here following Ethan like a tail? That boy always annoys her. From the moment they met in US, until now she’s studying in South Korea. Hwang Inhwan is worst of the worst tease for her. She had ever sworn in front of Inhwan’s fangirls that whomever being his girlfriend would be the unluckiest girl in the world. As expectedly, they didn’t trust Krystal and keep following Inhwan around, made her sick.

Ding dong.

The sound of the bell’s. Baekhyun, who is still being in the living room with Sehun and Jongdae, suddenly moves and approaching the door.

“Oppa, are you ordering pizza?” Krystal asked from dining room.

“Ani, why?”

“Then, who is it?”

Baekhun shook his shoulder then making his way closer to the door. He clicks the knobdoor before being dazed for some second.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo,” a girl greeted her warmly, while smiling friendly. This is not the first time for Baekhyun to see her nor he doesn’t know each other. But he’s still always taken aback every single time he met the girl. She looks young and pure, also her attitude is going along very well with his visualization. All guys must be falling over her, he once said.

“Oppa, is Krystalie at home? Are you not going to let me in?” she asked while giggled, and Baekhyun found it cute.

“A—ah, yes. She’s here, woah Sehwa-ya, you’re always getting even prettier than last day I saw you,” he said then made an entrance for her.

Meet Yoon Sehwa. She is the third year student of Law Faculty in Seoul National University. She’s Krystal’s cousin from her father side. She is well known as an ulzzang in the university and all guys are going after her. Not only beautiful on the outside, she also always improves herself in the inside. She was the previous Most Outstanding Student in South Korea and being the best speaker in National Debate Championship. Even though they were going into the same school, they barely meet because their departments are separated so far by building, roads and parks. Also Yoon Sehwa barely had a chance to go outside library because right now hse’s busy preparing for her graduation, while Krystal? Well.. of course she is busy. Engineer is an engineer, anyway. They never sleep and cannot graduate early.

Due to their business and schedule, they promised to visit each other once in a week. This week is Sehwa’s turn to visit Krystal.

“Oh, Sehwa-ya!” Krystal is very happy to see her that she stood up from her seat and hugged her, “..how is your thesis? Woah.. a happy life of social students, right? You all can graduate early while Science students are being stuck to their researches,”

“It goes well.. I need to compile some more data and regularly do consultation to my academic advisor. Well, maybe in three months I’ll graduate. Ya! What kind of girl are you? Being in a house with three guys?” Sehwa is nagging again, it’s her usual habit towards Krystal. She treated her cousin like a kid.

“...hsh, there are two more inside. I’m trying to get my works done. What did you bring for me?”

“Bibimbab and bean sprout soup, don’t you like it?”

“Whoa! I don’t just like it, I love it! Just put it in the kitchen, I’ll eat that later!” she said brightly after her cousin mentioned the foods she brought. Those two are Krystal’s most favorite Korean dishes.

“Oh—omo! Annyeonghaseyo, sunbaenim. Anyeong Ethan-ah,” she said while walked passing the dining room.

“H—huh? Sunbaenim? Who?” she asked, being confused while pointing at Inhwan. Her face is not unsure of what her cousin just said.

Hwang Inhwan is stuttering. He only nods when the girl greet him with ‘Sunbaenim’. He’s being very awkward suddenly. He stood up and did the bow, sat again and looked at Krystal’s paper which scatters in front of him. He tries acting cool but failed, Ethan Lee noticed him.

“Hwang Inhwan sun-bae-nim, of course,” Ethan answered Krystal’s uestion with a sing-song voice which clearly sounds to mock him. Ethan then laughed a little.

“Do you know each other?” Krystal asked curiously.

“Yes, he’s one of the trainers when I was in debate team,”

“Oh... this guy? A debater? No wonder that he is a blabber mouth,”

 Hwang Inhwan shoot a glare at her.

Yoon Sehwa laughs softly at the two of them, “..and how do you guys know each other?”

“He’s that loud noisy freak guy whom staying at my house during his study in US,”

“O—oh! Sunbaenim is the one you told me? Ya, the world is very small.. I thought all people know each other,”

“YA! LOUD NOISY FR—eak?” Hwang Inhwan suddenly woke up from his dream and shout, ended with low voice.

“Yes, why??!” Krystal shouts louder while folding her hands in front of her chest.

Hwang Inhwan doesn’t answer anything, and until the rest of the day, only silence filling the air between them. Only Ethan-Krystal’s voice while discussing the papers and sometimes Sehwa is joining with them. Mostly, Sehwa is also busy with her laptop, working on her thesis. This silence is only supposed to be when there’s no Inhwan around. But here is different situattion. Inhwan is in one of them.

So, where’s Hwang Inhwan?

“Hwang Inhwan, why are you being so quiet all of sudden? Can you keep behaving like this? It’s very peaceful,” Krystal asked him before the three are going home.

 

-xxxx-

 

Brakkk.

Her locker is suddenly closed by the appearance of big right hand belongs to someone namely Hwang Inhwan. It’s still six in the morning, and she was going to school only for being the first to submit her paper to Professor Park. But her plan may be messed up because of the creature whom stand in front of him, smiling with glory with his back against the locker beside of hers.

“What do you want?” Krystal shot a death glare at him, makes him laughing.

“Don’t laugh, your breath even makes me sick,” she said it in English.

“Ya!” Inhwan flicked the girl’s foreheard, makes her whimpering and replied it with a slap on his shoulder, “It hurts!! Why are you always being so harsh to me? Can we even have a peace?” he shouts loudly while  rubbing his shoulder. He is never getting used to Krystal’s smacks.

“Who in this world want to have a slice of peace if he bragged someone’s locker door early in the morning!!!” she replied louder.

“Me!” he replied even louder.

“What?” she’s shouting in shock, louder. This boy is really.... something. She doesn’t even know either he is being insane or normally like this. She sighs for so many times, only to let her shock away. Once again, that boy laughs  a little in glory. He never lost against Jung Krystal.

She looks at her watch, and let out another sigh. Maybe, there’s another people who already submitted the paper. She woke up very early for nothing, and the right thing to do is making sure that Hwang Inhwan is not safe anymore after this conversation.

“I said, what-do-you-want? You’d better answer it before I’m throwing another smack at you!”

“How do you know Yoon Sehwa?”

...what? Krystal is gasping in shock and can’t believe of what she just heard. He brags her door early in the morning only for this? She knows that she wakes up very early, but she believes that Inhwan wakes up earlier since, he’s waiting for her sneaking into her department only for this? How do you know Yoon Sehwa? What?

“Stop playing with me,”

“Playing what? I’m being serious!”

“Hwang Inhwan!”

“Jung Krystal!”

“You’re very stupid,”

“You’re more,”

Heol. She takes a deep breath before exploding again.

“Hwang Inhwan, what do you want?”

“How do you know Yoon Sehwa?”

She can’t take it anymore.

“Are you crazy or what, huh?” she starts smacking Hwang Inhwan and pulling his hair, “you make me sick early in the morning only for that? Who do you think I am, huh? I woke up early in the morning not for this, you brat,” she starts smacking more harshly while Inhwan only replied with ‘Stop it’ and groaning because it hurts. Trust me, Krystal’s smacks are very hurt, “...you make me late to submit paper, then who should I blame for this, HUH?!”

“STOP IT! IT HURTS!” he eplodes in frustration, “Ya! Are you human or not, huh? I also woke up early only for this! Yes, I only want to ask that! Just answer then I’ll go!!”

Krystal still doesn’t believe of what he heard, then sighs again.

“She’s my cousin. Are you stupid? You could just ask me yesterday instead of just being quiet all along!”

“So Ethan is right,” he murmured.

“Right? What?” she is being even more curious.

“Jung Krystal...,” he said to her softly. The voice she never heard before.

“Can you be the catalisator of us?”

 

 

 

 

...BAM.

She laughs loudly. Very very loud that maybe not only the whole department can hear, but also the whole university. She laughs at Hwang Inhwan. She laughs at him using engineering words to ask for something. Krystal laughs so hard that she may pass out.

“I don’t want to!”

“Why?”

“She’s my precious cousin and I hate you to death. It’s not a perfect combination, you know? You’re so unfortunate,”

Hell.

“Jung Krystal! Only this time, I’ll be good to you I promise,” he said, but Krystal ignores him. She opens her locker again and takes out some books then walking towards Professor Park’s room while singing annoyingly in purpose.

“Ya, Jung Krystal! Ya ya ya!!” he then tailed her around and their bickers are filling the air of the quiet scene in Seoul National University all morning.

 

-xxxx-

 

Sorry for long update. I was just going back from Japan and US for study. It was great experience there but there are lots of things I need to do, so it's a bit hard for keeping the pace of updates. I hope you'll love the new chapter! Please share your thoughts in comment box! :)