Tangled

Eleven

“It should’ve not like that...,” she whispers it herself and closing the program in her PC to let out her frustation. She went back to the undone papers she worked on some minutes ago, but still couldn’t get any explanation.

“Jung-ah, what do you like to drink?” Sehun asked from her kitchen, while making orange juice for himself. Krystal is not answering, she stays still in focusing her works instead of exploding. Listening to Sehun now called her by her surname is just more than enough.

It’s now being the EXO boys’ habit to call her ‘Jung-ah’ instead of ‘Krystal’, because it’s kinda hard for them to call her ‘Krystal-ah’, and it also sounds weird anyway. However, Krystal still dislikes it because calling people by their surname just sounds rude for her. She usually will let out a low kick to the members if they do so. But for this time, she just can forgive them. Her mind is too tired that her body can’t even move for an inch.

“Jung-ah, hot ones or cold ones?”

“.....”

She rubbed her temple as she finds out that the paper is getting more and more frustrating. The numbers shown in hers is just too unbelievable, and the project is now just being too much. She is being more and more into the paper when she sees the irrational numbers she just wrote. How come, Krystal? She thinks deeply in her mind, while her mind is not answering at all. Until suddenly, a warm hand is poking her shoulder asking her attention. She can’t do anything but letting out a heavy sigh. She’s done with distraction.

“What now, Oh Sehun?” her temper is getting worse because of her works, and everyone who asks for her attention right now is just having a death wish.

“Hot chocolate, I hope you’ll get it done soon, Jung-ah,” he puts a cup of hot choco on the other side of her table and flicks Krystal’s forehead softly, “Ya, what’s with that wrinkles? Are you getting old now?” he said, then get back to sit on the couch with Baekhyun and Jongdae, watching the music show in Krystal’s living room.

She just murmurs ‘thank you’ which Sehun could not even hear, and get back to her works, while taking a sip of the hot choco Sehun just gave her. It was just fine at first, until suddenly the voice of ducks’ momma are sounding all over the room, “YA! OH SEHUN WHY IS IT SO HOT?”

“I told you it’s hot chocolate,” Sehun answers shortly, getting his concentration back to the show.

“Krystal and her temper, tsk,” Jongdae clicked his tounge then suddenly a pillow comes to hit his head, “Arghhhh! Jung! What’s the matter with you today?!” he protested while rubbing his head. Krystal, who just threw the pillow, joins them on th couch and place her head on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun then leans his head back to hers, and she suddenly feels comforted.

“Sorry, I was just freaking out,” she sighs in grief while playing with Sehun’s palm.

“Jung-ah, is it because of your works?” Baekhyun asked, munching his chips.

“Yea, I got frustrated now that I can die,”

“But you’re an MIT student! One in a million!” Baekhyun throws a compliment to her, making her feeling worse.

“But it’s a PhD student’s work! I have no idea why my professor always expect more to me, saying that he’s proud for having MIT student in his class. Well it doesn’t mean to burden me with such irrational works! He makes me always think that all I can only do is just....enough,”

“Hey, why are you saying such poetic things miserably. You can do that, Jung. He’ll never test you out of your limit. Moreover, he was also graduating from MIT. He knows how it was,” Jongdae lectures her. The other three is looking at him in shock, while Krystal is still not in the right state of her mind, playing Sehun’s hand and sometimes hug it. Like it is her bolster.

“Can you give me a solutive idea, Oppa?”

“Call Ethan,” Jongdae answers easily, still being focus to the music show.

“Call!” Baekhyun shouts playfully.

Krystal is glaring at them in shock, while tapping her head, “How can I not think of that?!”

“You’re thinking too hard, even to the things you can do simply,”

“Jongdae-ya! Aigoo, you’re talking so smart now, I’m proud!” Baekhyun playfully hugs Jongdae which is responded by fast reject from Jongdae.

 

“Ethan!” Krystal quickly shouts his name when that boy respond her call.

“What is it now? Kind of strange you’re calling me on holiday,”

“Well, of course it’s because I miss you! How can you suspect your bestfriend!”

“Y—ya! What kind of game you play now?”

“Come to my house, very please? It’s Professor Park’s game!”

“Wh—,”

“I don’t accept any ‘No’. See you in 15 minutes!” she hangs up.

-xxxx-

 

He deeply sighs.

“Who is it?” Inhwan asked him, because the call just interfered the game session of those two. He then press the play button again and take the chance in the middle of Ethan’s reverie to take over the glory, “It’s goal!”

“INHWAN!”

“It’s hyung, you brat! It’s I-N-H-W-A-N-H-Y-U-N-G!” he flicks his brother’s forehead harshly, leave him feeling hurt, “..Jung Krystal, am I right?” well, his question still left unanswered anyway, he just loves assuming if Ethan didn’t answer.

“I take it as yes,” another assumption again, “...you fall in love with her, don’t you?” there he goes again.

“Don’t talk nonsense, hyung. You just ridiculously predict, without any proof,”

“Ya! If it is not, you can just answer me directly. Why are you going blank after the call, huh? Getting bad news? I didn’t see you cry or mumbled,”

Ethan is getting annoyed at Inhwan’s habit which love to just . Once Inhwan is teasing, there’s no chance for him to go back.

“She asked me to come over to her house because...,” she missed me—what! Of course not! How can you believe that girl version of Inhwan! “..she asked me to do assignment together. It’s not like I fall in love right? I’m just considering,”

“What a fool you are, dear Ethan boy! You’re just being much more obvious right now! If there’s nothing happen between you two then you can just decide whatever you want—you’ll say yes if you want to, and say no if you want to! Simple like that! Why should be considering if you do not think of her, huh?”

Damn. Hwang Inhwan is just getting the point clearly. He cannot doubt, but he cannot give in either since he really really doesn’t fall for Krystal Jung.

“Just...it’s impolite to reject a girl’s request,” he said, muttering.

Inhwan suddenly burst in laugh, if it’s an emoticon, then Inhwan is now just ‘Rolling In The Floor Laughing Out Loud’, “What an excuse!! Funny! How are your fangirls? Are you acting like the first time to reject girls’ request?” he continued to burst in laugh again, “..damn you, Ethan Lee! You’re falling in love is the best mood booster ever,”

Yes. Damn you, Ethan Lee. You just digged your own grave.

 

-xxxx-

 

“Sehun-ah, is something going on with you, lately?” that question again. Baekhyun asked the same question as he did in the photoshoot yesterday. And the subject of the uestion is still not changed. It’s still Oh Sehun. He asked seriously which is one of not so many Baekhyun’s moments, and if you see his eyes, you can tell that he looks so concerned while asking. There are only three of them on the couch right now: Jongdae, Baekhyun and Sehun. Krystal has left to the dining room after getting her mind right and accepting that along with Ethan, an unwanted guest namely Hwang Inhwan came.

“Hyung-ah, I actually don’t get what you mean. It’s the fifth day after the photoshoot you asked me such thing,”

“Nothing...I just ensure—“


“Ensure what?” Sehun glared at him, “..not answering again, huh?”

Baekhyun inhales some oxygen, and thinks of the best way to reveal his mind. However, Byun Baekhyun always treats Oh Sehun as his brother, his little brother. He loves him dearly and doesn’t want to hurt him by words.

“Are you falling in love?” there, he finally said.

...silence.

 

 

 

“You both are just killing me softly!” Jongdae, who just shut his mouth during Baekhyun-Sehun’s conversation, broke the silence. It’s obvious that he’s silently listening during that time.

“I don’t think so. Why are you asking me this?”

“Okay...,” Baekhyun inhales deeply before asking the real question, “...Jung Krystal?”

Both Jongdae and Baekhyun are now holding their breath. Expecting the answer.

 

“..no!”

“Really?! Are you even sure??!” Jongdae is ensuring.

“Of course! What’s with the nonsense question, I got goosebumps!”

 

....surprisingly, Baekhyun and Jongdae sigh in relief, and it just makes Sehun even more and more confused.

“But what about all this time? You pick her up, take her to college, give them some presents, take care of her, comforting her when she’s down, and even now, accompany her working with papers. While you know that now Inhwan hyung and Ethan Lee has come!” Baekhyun interrogates him more, not satisfied with his answer.

“...I just want to. Why? Are you never doing something just because you want to?”

Both of the interrogators are left in silence.

 

“There’s no more intention than that?” Jongdae is ensuring again, which responded by Sehun with a shake of his head.

“We all are just afraid because you said that you’ve never been falling in love, nor having girlfriend in your life. So it may be the first time,” Jongdae replied, makes Sehun surprised.

We all? You mean all EXO hyungs?! Ya! Are you guys loving me that dearly? Aigoo.. and I think there’s no problem with me having the first time to fall in love. What are you all worrying about?”

“No no no no!!! It’s only three of us: me, Jongdae, and Minseok hyung. The others are not seeing it. Well it’s okay if you’re falling in love, having girlfriend, or whatever, but...,” Baekhyun takes deep breathe again before continuing, “...just..., just not with Krystal Jung,”

 

Silence fills in the air again.

 

 

 

“..well, you know, she’s the president’s dearest niece. If you’re falling in love with her but you can’t make her happy, it’ll be a big threat to your career,” Baekhyun said, breaking the silence.

“..or if you guys are in relationship and there are some intimacy between you guys which unintentionally shown in public. Well, you know what the fans will do..,” Jongdae added.

“Even right now, you can see clearly the picture of what the fans have done to her by only knowing that she’s close to you as bestfriend. And don’t make us wonder if the relationship is just becoming too far! Well, it’ll be okay for us, but for the president? What do you think that he’ll do to you? It’s either your career or leaving your heart broken,”

“It will not end up well, I think. Besides, you’re just too young. It’s a relief to hear ‘No’ from you but who knows how your heart will turn tomorrow? You’re not a gay and you guys are too close as bestfriend who just knew each other for 4 and half months. Everything is possible!” Jongdae said.

“Hyung-ah, I don’t think that I’ll be able to love another girl. Because I just love you all,”

“Ya! What is that sudden cheesy words, huh?” Baekhyun shouts in duck voice, then get himself away from the maknae.

Sehun laughs before continuing his words, “..haha, well, you’re worrying me too much. Even more than my parents will do! Don’t worry hyung, one thing you should know is that no matter how close I am with Krystal, I can keep myself from falling in love with her. If I do, then I’ll step back,”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because...,” he sighs before continuing his words, and silently look away at her who is with Hwang Inhwan and Ethan Lee in the dining room, bursting in laugh while doing the scientific papers together happily, “...even in a million years, I will never ever deserve her,”

 

 

 

-xxxx-

 

 

Author's: Sorry for the late updates! I hope this long chapter will do, haha! Just have any serious works in college these days. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Don't forget to leave comment and do subscribe me! I'll very appreciate it! Danke <3