Night Talk

Eleven

“It was so bitter,”

“It was medicine, what did you expect?” Inhwan said while cleaning the table on the right side of Krystal’s bed. He then puts a chair there and sits while facing Jung Krystal. He presse the girl’s forehead to see her reaction, he starts pressing it slowly then Krystal responds him with  groan when the pressure is getting deeper. He lets his hand off of her forehead.

Inhwan places himself beside of Krystal’s then starts ruffling the girl’s hair softly to reduce the girl’s pain. It was their common ritual whenever Krystal was getting sick. She would never let Inhwan to leave him in such condition. While Inhwan would always happily keep her in company, wait her to sleep first then let himself resting a bit before waking up earlier to prepare foods, medicine, and stuffs for the baby Jung. Krystal Jung may act like he hates Hwang Inhwan to death but honestly, she was feeling lucky to have him as an elder brother. She knows that Inhwan always takes care of her even though he may say that he does not.

“I miss Keegan,” she murmurs while feeling comforted at the Inhwan’s touch on her top.

“I know... we all do,” he whispers and feels a bit sad because Krystal brings the issue again. Keegan Jung was Krystal’s elder brother. He was dead at car accident with Krystal’s mother five years ago. Keegan was one of Inhwan’s bestfriends back then in high school when he was having a one year exchange program in South Korea. Inhwan knows him all too well, because he was the only friend of Keegan’s. He was just typical of the Jung family whom always cold and not having any further conversation if it’s not that worth it. Keegan was just similar to Krystal, but his temper—not. Hwang Inhwan swears that he was the calmest guy he’d ever met. He never complained over some little things, and didn’t mind when big trouble came. He was seriously a man from another star.

“I promised him... that I’ll protect you, and ensure that you’re not gonna cry when he left,”

“I didn’t cry, and...what? protect me? Seriously, Keegan must be very disappointed to pass the duty to you, because you only know how to bother me,”

There, there, is Jung Krystal. Inhwan unconsciously smiles then puts his finger on her forehead again. He presses it lightly and it deeper just like some moments ago. This time, Krystal is not complaining.

“Hurt?”

Krystal shook her head at Inhwan’s question.

“Good, you’re getting better now. But you’re better not going for school yet tomorrow. It’s best for you to take a rest,” he said while caressing her forehead after pressing it.

“Then the day after tomorrow? Can I go somewhere?”

“Where will you go?”

Krystal firsly hesitates to tell him, but at last, she gave up with his sudden ‘I’m not going to let you go anywhere’ look, “I have... a date?

“Woah.. with Ethan Lee? That guy is very surprising, huh?”

“N—no! I mean, I don’t know. Listen, I only receive a strange letter this afternoon. Actually the date is on Saturday so it’s 4-5days from now,”

“You’re going to a date with stranger?!!!”

“I’m not sure either, the writer only gave me a hint of UV. What is it? I do not understand! You’re very good at playing with code, right?”

“Can I see the letter?” he asked, then Krystal points at her bag, asking him to take it. Inhwan obeys her order then takes her bag to the bed before going back to the previous position. Her hand grabs the bag and roams around in her bag until she finds the letter.

He reads the letter and tries to understand the meaning of it. He nods to himself while thinking, “UV? Hmm.. It may be Ethan Lee? But..wait! I recognize this handwriting very well!”

Krystal gasps then looks at the letter again, “It’s clearly not Ethan’s. I know his handwriting!”

“Yeah, I know! It’s... who is it?” he starts getting frowns while reading through the letter than clicks his finger in the air.

 

 “It must be him!” he said in glory while Krystal remains quiet.

 

Bless my brain, Jung!”

 

-xxxx-

 

“Can I use your bathroom?” he said awkwardly then Sehun only replied him with a slight smile and nod. That boy feels a bit frustrated right now, because it’s been 5 minutes for him in Sehun’s room and all they can do is only.....silent. He starts cursing at Inhwan mentally and tries calling his brother but it’s no use—no response at all. He starts flushing the toilet randomly and pacing back and forth.

While on the outside o the toilet, Sehun is picking the rubbish in his room; lots of papers as he tried to write a song recently. Then sitting on the edge of his bed. Kyungsoo must be hating him so much, he thinks at that time. Because that boy has put Sehun in this very awkward situation. How can they share a bed together while they barely talk to each other! Sehun has been very close to Inhwan, but Ethan? He is always being busy with himself, eventhough Sehun has his number and been talking to him so much at phone when Krystal cannot go to college, still, it’s awkward for him to  talk to Ethan in person.

Suddenly, there’s a sound from the toilet’s door, leading to Ethan Lee’s appearance. He sits himself on the other side of Sehun’s bed.

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

Damn you, Hwang Inhwan! I’ll really kill you tomorrow!

 

“Hey, you can start sleeping first if..you want to,” Sehun broke the silence with a very cheesy sentence, leads him into a regret. Ethan nods then places himself to lie down on the bed. It was veeeeeery awkward for them right now, the situation is a bit strange too. They both are laying on the bed side to side while facing the ceiling roofs. Sehun is suddenly being regret with her decision to ask him laying down. On the other side, Ethan is thinking hard how to uickly fall asleep and escape from the awkward situation.

He starts rubbing his own stomach and closes his eyes, it’s his habit when he cannot sleep when he’s a child, his mother would rub Ethan’s tummy then he starts faling aleep. But the magic is not working here. It’s only his mother’s hand which can treat himself that way. He starts moving hi body to the right side then closes his eyes, but still, it is not working. He then places his body back, faces the ceiling roof then starts to give up. He knows that sooner or later, today or tomorrow, now or two hours later, he should start talking to Sehun. He starts peking at Sehun who laid down on his right side then finds the boy is closing his eyes peacefully without making any move. From his figure, Ethan knows that Sehun is only pretending to sleep. He assumed that there’s no sleeping men in this world would be that handsome.

 

What?

 

Yeah, he may have started to go insane already because of saying another guy ‘handsome’.

 

“Oh Sehun,”

 

He repeats calling Sehun’s name while poking that boy’s shoulder.

 


“Hng..,” Sehun then starts opening his eyes and suddenly found Ethan’s face in front of him. To be honest, he has not been fully sleeping, and he’s still in good state to wake up but Ethan’s face has let him meeting a big shock. It was really close to his face that he can talk to Ethan by only whispering. He widens his eyes then burst into laugh. Ethan suddenly pulls his face away then looks at Sehun by strange look.

“Ya! What are you laughing at? Am I ugly?”

Sehun is not answering but only continuing his laugh. He seriously is shocked that he cannot handle his own laugh right now.

“Answer me, Oh Sehun!”

“N—no, not....ugly...,” Sehun is still laughing that his words cannot be easily heard, “..but very ugly!” he then laughs again.

“Tch... I was waking you up, just to wonder what should we do to cure the awkwardness, then why am I being called as ugly now?”

“S—sorry, Ethan-ah. It’s really not what I mean,” he still laughs.

 

When will he stop laughing seriously?! Ethan talked to his mind, getting annoyed. He suddenly lays down then pulls the blanket to cover himslef and closes his eyes. Sehun stops laughing by Ethan’s sudden action. He starts approaching Ethan and puts his chin on Ethan’s shoulder.

“Ethan Lee, are you mad?” he said while poking Ethan’s cheek.

Ethan doesn’t answer anything.

“Ethan!!!” he screamed at Ethan’s ear a bit loud. Ethan then buries his face into he blanket and covers his ears.

“Ya.. don’t act so cute like this,” it’s not working. Ethan is still covering his full body in the blanket then he suddenly widens his eyes realizing a word that Sehun just said to him.

 

 

 

Cute.

 

 

“CUTE?” he suddenly wakes up with a raising voice. He may even woke the hyungs in another rooms, “...CUTE, YOU SAY?” he said in English for being so shock.

Sehun laughs again at Ethan’s sudden action. He was not expecting that Ethan can be this loud, “..Ethan Lee, let’s be friends?”

“NO!”

“I take it as yes,”

Ethan then feels annoyed and attacks Sehun with blanket, making that boy blind. He was pulling Sehun’s neck then take it between his arms. Sehun keeps groaning in pain and the sudden blind he felt, while Ethan keeps attacking with no mercy.

“Arrrgh...Ethan Lee, stop! Let me go!”

“..what? I cannot hear you. Are you laughing, huh? How dare you ask me to be your friend after calling me ugly, huh? Don’t you know that I also got lots of fangirls in my college?”

“Ethannnnnnnnnnnnn!”

“I can’t hear you..,” he said, ignoring the latter’s complains.

 

 

-xxxx-

 

“Good morning,”

She woke up to the smell of corn soup and the heavy voice of someone’s whom she often listens to in her phone. She starts opening her eyes when he feels someone is parting the curtain in her room. She places herself to sit while rubbing her head which feels heavier than before. The guy approaches her while handing her a warm towel, like a service in an abroad plane. She grabs it slowly then starts rubbing her face and neck with it.

“Better?” he asked while sitting on her bed.

“...hm, w—wait, Kyungsoo oppa?” Krystal just realized who’s in front of her now ater she fully opens her eyes.

“Why? Surprised?”

“How come? Where’s that Hwang guy?” she starts being confused.

“He just leaves with Ethan because there’s something to settle in their apartment. He said that he will be back again later. He told me to cook you breakfast, wake you up and make sure that you drink the medicine. Yaaah, that guy is really something. Just if he’s not a hyung, I’ll surely be smacking his head,” he said then laughing out loud.

Krystal joins his laugh with a chuckle, “...sorry, it’s his habit to order everyone around,”

“Yeah, he’s just being worried with you,” he said than placed a tray on Krystal’s bed.

“It’s too much, I think. I’m not that sick, oppa,”

“Well, I know, but Inhwan ordered me to do this,” he just smiled and places spoon in her bowl, “...you’re not asking me to feed you, right?” he teases the Jung girl then ruffles the girl’s hair softly. Krystal Jung rolls her eyes then taking her bowl closer, starting to eat the cream soup. The warmth of the soup calms her down.

“..I found this earlier when cleaning your bed. It’s somewhere around there,” he hands Krystal a piece of paper and she suddenly shocked at what he found. It was that secret letter from someone she doesn’t know. She remembered discussing it with Inhwan last night until both fell asleep, maybe the letter scattered over somewhere yesterday. She was suddenly feeling embarassed, and act coldly while still continue eating her soup to divert the topic of their talks.

Kyungsoo chuckles at her sudden reaction, “Ya! Are you embarassed now?”

Krystal doesn’t answer. The girl keeps eating, act like doesn’t hear anything.

“...haha, keep it up, Jung. I’m curious who is that from? He seemed like only giving you an unclear code, huh? But the handwriting is quite familiar...,” he keeps on saying even though Krystal doesn’t answer him. Kyungsoo is looking at the letter while Krystal keeps busy with his cook.

“This handwriting is somehow like...,” he raised one of his eye brows, thinking,

 

 

“..Sehunnie’s?” he commented, innocently.

 

 

Krystal suddenly gets choked in surprised.

 


Author's: I'm really soooooooorrrrry for abandoning this story for awhile. I'm very busy lately. College starts killing me! But now I promised you all to regularly update every week! Don't forget to post your comments! It was a very great motivation for me :D Thanks for keep reading and subbing! Enjoy :D