Ch. 7

The Twin He Never Knew Of
*Your POV* 
 
I woke up from the talking of my parents and Luhan talking. I gently rubbed my eyes and looked at my parents now staring at me. 
 
“Hey.” Luhan said and came over to me. “How are you feeling?” 
 
I sat in silence remembering what Sehun did before I knocked out. 
 
“Did he leave already?” I asked Luhan, him knowing who I meant nodded. 
 
“Yeah, he left when he woke up know you’ll be mad at him and hate him.” 
 
“How’s Jung Mi?” I asked him. 
 
“She’s still in. It’s been three hours already.” Luhan replied. 
 
I then walked over to the door and leaned against it. My forehead leaning on the door, my hand beside my face placing it on the door. “Jung Mi unni…” I started. “We’re all waiting for you so don’t you dare leave. Fight and stay strong. We all love you.” I said as a tear drop rolled down my cheeks. 
 
“Ji Hae, are you hungry?” My father asked me taking hold of my shoulder and squeezing it telling me everything will be fine. 
 
“I don’t have the appetite to eat.” 
 
“Jung Mi won’t be happy knowing she got you worried and how you’re starving yourself. 
 
“I know, but I really don’t think I can eat or even swallow at this kind of time.” I said and sat down. “Just until she gets out and is safe. Just enough information that she’s fine and I’ll probably have the appetite to eat.” I said and looked at the door. 
 
*Sehun’s POV*
 
I walked out of the hospital as it had started to pour. I just walked even though I was drenched in rain. It doesn’t matter, I won’t be hurt. “Why is it those who is around me. Those who I want to care for but shouldn’t. I knew this was going to happen and I feared it. That’s why I bullied Jung Mi. She reminded me a lot about her. I don’t like her. But it scares me, she won’t be safe and I was right. I can’t let anyone get near me they’ll only get hurt. It’s my punishment.
 
“I hate myself.” 
 
“Sehun-ah , why are you soaked in water?” My mom asked me once she saw me soaked from the rain. 
 
“Omma..” I said and just cried. My mom was horrified from the scene. I was crying in front of her. The last time she ever saw me cry was when she passed away. And I was crying the same exact way I did the last she saw me cry. 
 
“Whats wrong?” 
 
I couldn’t answer and just continued to cry. 
 
She gently  my back and then patted my head. 
 
“It’s okay sweetie. Don’t be so sad and tell me what happened, okay?” 
 
“Mom, because I was careless, because I was mean and such hateful person, Jung Mi got hit by a car. If I payed attention to the car no, to her, she would’ve been fine. I caused her to get hit by a car. I didn’t want that to happen. I didn’t mean for anything to happen.” 
 
“Sehun, it’s okay. It was an accident. As long as you know that you did wrong and apologize then Ji Hae will forgive you.” 
 
“Ji Hae said she hates me mom. She hates me. The same words that Chun Ae said to me when hyung got into an accident. Mom I don’t want people to hate me because their loved ones got hurt because I was there.” And even though I wasn’t in my right mind I barely realized. “How did you know about Ji Hae?” I asked her and eventually tried to stop crying. My mom looked at me weird and then responded. 
 
“I went to look for Ji Hae supposedly who I thought was Jung Mi. I then figured out that Ji Hae was the one who you saved and she had a twin named Jung Mi which was your classmate. Oh, you stopped crying.” She said as I wiped my tears and realized I had actually stopped. 
 
I let out a sigh. “I’ll be in my room.” I said and then headed to my room. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling when the memory of me pulling Ji Hae into a hug flashed back into mind. 
 
“She must’ve hated me so much for do that.” I said to myself and then rolled over facing my wall and then knocked out. 
 
*Your POV*
 
We were still waiting when finally the doctor came out.
 
“Where’e the family?” 
 
“We’re her family.” 
 
“Her condition was bad but then we managed to help her because she was brought in time. Right now she’s out of the danger zone, so there’s nothing to worry about, however I’m afraid she won’t be waking up anytime soon. She might be unconscious for an amount of time it depends on her fast she recovers.” She doctor said and left. 
 
I stared at the spot where the doctor was before he left. 
 
He was the cause of it. He hurt her. I won’t forgive him.” I said and held my fist tight. 
 
It’s been weeks since Jung Mi has been in the hospital. Everyday I would visit her and my condition have worsened but I can’t bare the fact that my sister is laying on this hospital bed because of a selfish jerk. 
 
I was in Jung Mi’s room when there was a knock on her door. 
 
“Come in.” I said and once the person came in and I turned to see who it was anger ran throughout my body. 
 
“You. You still dare to have the guts to come and show your face here?” I said as I just want to walk over and break his neck. 
 
“Sorry.” Sehun said. 
 
“YOu’re not sorry, because if you are this never would’ve happened. Do you know that the word sorry gets overused by rude people like you that it becomes scary for us good people to hear and trust?” I said looking at him right in the eyes. He avoid making eye contact after turning away when he caught me looking him straight in the eyes with my stern glare. He set the flowers on to the counter next to him. 
 
“DOn’t waste your money on buying flowers for someone you don’t even care about.” I said as he just kept his mouth shut. 
 
“Can I see her?” He asked after awhile. 
 
“Ani, she doesn’t want to see you. Why would she? She hates you as much as I hate you. You were the cause of this anyways.” I said. 
 
“If I knew then I never would’ve let it happen.” 
 
“Knew what? Let what happen?” I said getting mad and standing up walking over to him step by step as I spoke. “It doesn’t matter if you knew, if you did you’d probably let me be the one who gets hit. And how would you have prevented it? Can you go back in time? Can you, Sehun? Answer me?!” I said standing in front of him now as his back was now hitting against the wall. “Tell me Sehun? Can you go back in time and prevent this for happening?” She stared at me and I looked into his eyes. Even with those fierce words I was saying when I looked into his eyes, pain, sadness, regret, and tears was seen. I backed down. 
 
“Leave.” I said turning away from him. 
 
“Mianhae.” He said and left. 
 
“I hate how I can’t stand people who I see is hurt and turn away, even when it was him, the person who I should be happy that he’s in pain, the fact that he was hurt, pains me to know that someone like him holds more than what I don’t know.” I sat down on the sofa and closed my eyes. 
 
“I hate myself for being so weak.” I said and crawled up into a ball and fell asleep on the sofa. 
 
*Sehun’s POV*
 
Once I left the room, I walked away slowly and let out a sigh. I hate myself. Every step I took and every breath that came out of me made me angry. I should be the one laying in that room on that bed, not Jung Mi. I then walked back to the room and just sat outside beside the door. 
 
“What are you doing out here?” Luhan asked me after a couple of minutes sitting in front of the room. 
 
“I-” 
 
“There’s really no point. She won’t ever let you go see Jung Mi. She says you’re at fault no matter what reason you give her, even though we all know clearly that it was an accident. Even I can’t find myself to forgive you Sehun because Jung Mi really liked you, yet you took advantage of her feelings, and even if you did I didn’t mind that, but the fact that you weren’t even able to protect her, as a human being, I don’t know what to say.” 
 
“I did protect her, it’s just I didn’t see that car come. If only I looked away from Ji Hae’s eyes at the moment, but I was so drawn into her eyes that I have lost contact with whatever that was happening around me.” I said. 
 
“Sehun, right now is not time for you to make a confession about how you feel for Ji Hae.” 
 
“I don’t like her.” 
 
“Your words told me a little more information than what you needed to tell me.” Luhan said and then entered leaving me alone again. 
 
I sat and thought for a bit and then got up with a clue. I went to the police department and reported for the car of what happened. Asked for them to check the CCTV near around that area of the incident and told them any sort of information that I could squeeze out from my brain. After giving all sorts of information I left the police department and then made my way home which was passing by the incident that happened. I was look at the scene when I noticed something shining from the ground. It looked like a necklace so I walk over and picked it up totally forgetting about the cars. When I looked up a car was heading my way. I closed my eyes when something hit me making my fly to the other side of the sidewalk. I felt something heavy on me and opened my eyes to see Ji Hae on top of me. 
 
She got up and patted her self taking the necklace from my hand. “If you chose to die, die somewhere else where I can’t and won’t see you. Seeing Jung Mi injured was already enough.” She said and walked away. 
 
“Ji Hae!” I yelled out her name once she reached the other side of the side walk. 
 
“What can I do for you to forgive me?” I asked the same question I asked Chun Ae when Je Hun passed away from the car accident. 
 
“There’s nothing to forgive, Sehun. It happened already, didn’t I tell you, you can’t turn back time.” She said and began walking. Chun Ae’s words were no different. I ran to her and pulled her arm to make her face me. 
 
“Why do you keep saying the same things she did! Why do you keep reminding me of her when I’m hurt so much from her? Why do you guys always say there’s nothing forgive when you already said you hate me for causing your loved ones to be hurt?! What about me? Am I not hurt too? Am I made the person without feelings and emotion to your eyes even when I'm deeply hurt on the inside?! Why is it that I’m always the one who caused everything! My brother saved me and passed away and Chun Ae began to hate me because my brother saved me, not long after she committed suicide by getting into an car accident. Her parents hated me because they said I killed my brother causing Chun Ae to suffer and not be able to move on making her commit suicide. Now Jung Mi is hurt because I lost myself in your eyes, and not pay attention to the cars. Why am I always the one who’s at fault of everyone’s death and injuries!” I said to her. “Why?” I said softly.
 
“Who told you to look at me in the eyes? Who told you to not pay attention to cars when you’re walking across a street? And how did you even see the license plate of the car when your eyes didn’t even move a bit when the incident happened.” She said. 
 
“Because it was Chun Ae’s father. I saw after getting lost in your eyes. When I saw the car drive away passing our contact view I saw him.” 
 
She just stood and stared at me. 
 
“I really mean it.” I said assuring her. 
 
She stood in her spot and then looked down letting our a sigh though her nose. 
 
Her hands were doing something. When I looked down, her hands reached up to my neck and I felt something cold around my neck. Once she removed her hands I realized that she put the necklace around my neck. 
 
“This doesn’t mean I forgive you, I’m just helping you to stop your suffering, Sehun… That necklace was mine. It had fallen off the other day. That necklace is really special to me, but because I am not cruel enough to let you suffer, I’ll be lending you this necklace. It’s meant to help ease your mind. Take care of it.” She said and left. 
 
I headed home and looked at the necklace that was around my neck. It was a small heart lock with wings wrapped around it with a small key hanging along it hit. When looking at it I feel that the necklace’s meaning is what it means. The heart is locked, meaning closed and not letting things out, but ith the wings wrapping it, it’s meaning it that I should open up my heart and let it out and set myself free from my worries. 
 
The necklace did help me feel at ease after looking at it. 
 
“Thank you, Ji Hae, and I’m truly sorry that this had happened.” 
 
--------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Hey there readers, here’s another story update. Hopefully you like it? haha well tell me about it by commenting below.