[7]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung: Oh... Sehun. SEHUN! HI! HOW WAS IT? DID YOU PASS??? *her awkward high-pitched voice tried to break the tension but failed*

Sehun: Didn't you guys watch?! Hello... sister. Nice of you to drop by, with your new...

Bora: Oh no no no no, Sehun, this is Kris, my friend. I actually brought him with me so he could finally meet Myong.

Kris: Nice to meet you Miyoung! *shakes her hand* and you too... Sehun.

Hyoyeon: Well...Miyoung, this is Luhan. He just transferred here in our university. Same age with us. He's the newest member of the football team.

Luhan: Nice to meet you Miyoung! *smiles brightly at her but then his expression got awkward as he turned to Kris* Nice to meet you too, uhh, Kris.

Bora: Kris plays basketball!

Hyoyeon: Uhmmm... Bora, can I talk to you... alone?

Hyoyeon dragged Bora who laughed awkwardly before they left the three guys with Miyoung

 

Miyoung: Well... this is... uncomfortable.

Sehun: Yeah. I think I should head out first. Thanks for watching my stuff, noona. *grabs his bag and towel*

Miyoung: Sehunnie! Wait! *she tried to call him but he didn't look back*

 

Hyoyeon: Yah Bora, what do you think are you doing?

Bora: I found someone perfectly matching Myong's ideal type so I brought him. What about you?

Hyoyeon: Well, I brought someone perfectly matching with her too!

Bora: No. There's only one perfect match for Myong and that is Kris.

Hyoyeon: Nu-uh... It's Luhan. He's the perfect one.

Hyoyeon: What?!.... no! Alright fine! Let's just toss it! Whoever wins, backs down.

Bora: What? No. I'm always bad at coin flipping.

Hyoyeon: Then how do we solve this?

Bora: Okay okay, clearly we are both doing this for Myong. How about we just let her decide. Maybe, one of those guys, *cough*Kris*cough*, is really the one for her. We can't mess this up. We're talking about our best friend's love life here.

Hyoyeon: Alright fine. *cough*LuhanIsReallyRich*cough* We'll let her decide. As long as we don't meddle with her decision. Pinky swear?

Bora: Okay fine! Pinky swear. But she should give both of them a chance.

Hyoyeon: Okay, let’s go back.

 

When Hyoyeon and Bora got back, they saw only Luhan and Kris sitting awkwardly by themselves on the bleachers.

Hyoyeon: Where's Myong?!

Kris: She followed Sehun minutes ago.

Hyoyeon: OMG Sehun. I think he got upset.

Bora: He was upset?

Luhan: He looked like it.

Hyoyeon: Probably because we came here to support him in the first place but we got busy and ignored him.

Bora: OMG I'm the world's worst sister. *contacts Sehun's number* He isn't picking up. *dials Miyoung's number* Hello? Myong? Where are you?! Okay... we'll meet you there.

 

Bora: Myong, where's Sehun?

Miyoung: I don't know. He walked really fast, I couldn't catch up. I tried to look in his dorm but he wasn't there so I really don’t have an idea. I think I messed up big time.

Hyoyeon: No, you didn’t. It’s not your fault. It's ours. We should have waited.

Bora: Yeah. I should have known, my brother always hated it when he feels ignored. 

Miyoung: We should probably let him be for now. He'll come out eventually when he feels fine.

Bora: I think that's best. You really look over my brother better than me, you know that right?

Miyoung: Bora... don't say that.

Bora: It's true... and thanks for doing it for me. I know he's just new with this college thing. I don't even know if he has found new friends here or if he had already met someone that he likes. He's still young and this is such a new environment for him. Myong, you'll tell me if he's dating, right?

Miyoung: Where did that came from? I thought we were just looking for him and him being new in this campus...

Bora: Just saying... I'm not here to watch and guide him. I'd ask Hyo but you are closer and because you're in the same building.

Miyoung: Gee... I don't know... He's adjusting really well with university life so we should just let him be and his special someone... if there's even any.

Bora: Why not? We made a pact so you would, right? And then we'd make that 's life miserable...

Miyoung: Huh?! Why would we do that?

Bora: Okay, just kidding. Just tell me, okay? He's my baby brother so I'm worried. You don't know how that feels.

Miyoung: Hey, newsflash, ever heard of Hwang Taeyong? Hwang Taeyong dating Wendy?! Did you even hear me say anything or do anything bad?

Bora: Yeah but that's different. Sehun and I grew up almost alone. Our parents were always away so... yeah. You promise okay? Watch over him okay? You too Hyo…

Hyoyeon and Miyoung: .....

Bora: Okay, silence means yes.

Kris: You're a scary woman! Thank god I'm not a girl and I don't plan on dating your brother!

Bora: Well.... yes. HAHAHAHA

 

 

(Back in the neighborhood)

Seulgi was staring at her phone screen thinking if she should press 'call' or not. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before finally pressing.

Seulgi: Hello? Sehun?

Sehun: Seulgi, hi, what's up?

Seulgi: Nothing much really. I just thought maybe... I just wanted to ask how are you... how's your first week?

Sehun: Oh me? I'm doing fine. I just made it in the track team.

Seulgi: Oh wow~ congratulations!

Sehun: Thank you.

Seulgi: So how's the school? Is it really hard?

Sehun: Well... I can't say for sure since it's just my first week but I guess I have my more freedom. My time is more flexible now compared to high school. If you're worrying what would it be like for you in the future, don't, I'm pretty sure you'll do great.

Seulgi: You think so?

Sehun: I know so. Seulgi… are you doubting yourself? You're one of the smartest girls in our school!

Seulgi: hahahaha *blushes*

Wendy: Yah Seulgi, why are you laughing alone? *sees her talking in the phone* Oh I see...

Sehun: Is that Wendy?

Seulgi: Yes...she just came.

Sehun: Tell her I said hi.

Seulgi: *to Wendy* Sehun says hi.

Wendy: Oh that's Sehun?! *puts face near the cellphone* Hi Sehun!!!!! We miss you~ *Seulgi puts her phone on speakerphone*

Sehun: I miss you guys too... I bet you hangout all the time...

Wendy: Actually we don't hangout that much...

Seulgi: Yeah, we don't..

Sehun: Why not? If were you, I'd hangout more often just like before especially that your classes are starting soon.

Wendy: It's just that it's hard now... Hansol and Tao are still not on speaking terms.

Sehun: Still?! You better do something about it now. It's been too long.

Seulgi: Okay we'll try our best.

Sehun: Okay good luck!

Seulgi: Bye! *ends call*

 

Wendy: Yah, Seulgi, you should tell them to be friends again.

Seulgi: Why me?

Wendy: I bet they'd listen to you than me. It's worth a try...

Seulgi: Then how do we do it!?

 

 

Bora: Okay... I guess Kris and I better go back to our university. I'll just call Sehun when I get back to my dorm.

Hyoyeon: Yeah, Luhan and I should get back to our dorms too... but if you want to hangout, we could stay...

Miyoung: It's okay... I feel pretty tired too. Let's just meet up another time. Also, I'm sorry. I know it's late but... nice to meet you too Kris and Luhan!

Luhan: Do you want me to walk you to your dorm?

Miyoung: Oh it's okay Luhan. Thanks for the offer.

Hyoyeon: I know you, don't go to your favorite spot, okay? I know you really love to go there when you're feeling burnt out but it's getting dark. Go back to your room immediately, okay?

Miyoung: Okay Hyo-mma! Bye!!! You too Luhan, bye.

 

 

Sehun was listening to music on his phone when suddenly someone sat beside him then he felt a head leaning on his shoulder.

Miyoung: Sorry Sehun... Really, I was watching you and you were great as expected but...

Sehun: You got distracted?

Miyoung: Well... I didn't do it on purpose, they were blocking my view. Everything just happened so fast that I just... I'm sorry, okay? Did you get in the team?

Sehun: What do you think?

Miyoung: I think you did...

Sehun: Then why are you asking?

Miyoung: It's just I wanted to make sure okay? It would be pretty awkward if I congratulated you but...

Sehun: So you also thought that I wouldn't make it?

Miyoung: Yah, why are you doing this to me? I just wanted to hear you say you made it.

Sehun: So you'd be sure what to say?

Miyoung: Uhh yes!!!? I just told you..

Sehu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter