[16]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi stared at her calendar, smiling as she counted the days before Sehun's birthday. She got even more excited when she ran into Miyoung who just returned for her summer vacation, thinking that there's a few weeks left before she could see him again.

Few minutes later, Seulgi immediately unlocked her phone when she heard a message alert. Her wide smile faded slowly as she read his reply.

Sorry Seulgi, I think I'm going to sit this one out due to training. You guys can celebrate on my behalf.

 

Hyoyeon visited Sehun during his afternoon training. She sat on one of the benches until he was free to rest for a bit.

Hyoyeon: Is it true that you're not coming home this weekend? I thought you were.

Sehun: Seulgi told you?

Hyoyeon: *nods* Yeah she was pretty bummed.

Sehun: Sorry, it's just I stopped training for how many weeks and during the last race, I almost didn't make it to the semis.

Hyoyeon: It's just one weekend. We're going to be back and you can just train more. You have nothing to do here anyways except for training. Your next race would be a week after your birthday so you would have plenty of time to train again.

Sehun: I'm really sorry, noona. I really need this. Besides, you asked me to return right?

"Okay." Hyoyeon accepted his decision and let Seulgi know what Sehun said.

 

 

Seohyun and Miyoung were at the bridal shop fitting the wedding dress that Seohyun asked to be made. Usually it was Seohyun's or Miyoung's mother who comes with her but since Miyoung had already returned, she had been tasked to assist Seohyun in wedding preparations.

"I'm glad you're here. You're not fussy like my mother nor eomonim and you can really give me credible fashion advise. What do you think?" Seohyun asked as she checked herself out in the mirror but she noticed Miyoung staring at the blank wall, almost not blinking.

Seohyun: Hey Myong! I was talking to you... Are you okay?

Miyoung: Sorry... what is it again?

Seohyun: *sighs* I know it's almost two weeks, why don't you just reply to his messages to stop your suffering. For sure he's waiting.

Miyoung: If I'll reply to his messages, I'm just going to miss him more.

Seohyun: Are you sure that's effective? What if he thinks you're not interested?

Miyoung: I really do miss him but I'm not yet sure about my feelings. I like him but I'm not sure if it's just because he's always there for me. Do you know what I mean?

Seohyun: I think I do.

"Is that fit okay with you or do you want to make more adjustments?" asked the designer.

Seohyun checked herself again and moved a little. She was about to accept the final design when Miyoung suddenly spoke. "If I may... Can you add one more layer of silhouette just to make it more flowy and full? Her belly will most probably get bigger and rounder within eight weeks so that would be really helpful to conceal it. Also, just in case, can we add lace appliques from her sleeves to the bust part to put the focus on her upper body?"

The designer gave Miyoung a look and then Seohyun to check if she approve of the changes.

"Yes. Please follow what she said. I know I told you simple but she knows more than me regarding this stuff and that's what she's here for." Seohyun smiled.

"Okay madame. We'll make the following changes and then we'll contact you when the dress is ready for fitting again. Hopefully in ten days." said the designer.

Seohyun thanked her and went to the dressing room to change into her normal clothes.

The designer sat beside Miyoung and told her that she suggested that from the beginning to the bride-to-be and her mother but she was dead set on a simple design. Miyoung laughed. "Sorry for that. Her style preference is really simple. If she wasn't pregnant, she might've ignored my comment as well."

Seohyun and Miyoung waved at the designer as they exited the shop.

"What's next? Hmm... we need to check the invitations if they are ready to be distributed." said Seohyun before starting the car. "Thanks for your dress suggestions earlier. I'm really glad you're with me."

Miyoung fell silent again until Seohyun decided to bring back their discussion from the bridal shop.

Seohyun: You said earlier, Luhan has always been there for you. What for?

Miyoung: *gulps* Just stuff.

Seohyun: I'm not convinced with "just stuff." I bet it's something big because you wouldn't be that confused with your feelings over some trivial stuff.

Miyoung sighed which made Seohyun even more curious especially that they were stuck in traffic and the latter didn't seem to want to let the topic go.

Miyoung: Alright fine. Can you keep a secret? A really big secret.

Seohyun: More than my pregnancy?

Miyoung: Nothing trumps your pregnancy, unnie. But this secret is almost in that level–at least for me. So you can't tell anyone–even your family, my parents and brothers.

Seohyun: Okay. Sounds like a big secret but sure, you can trust me.

Miyoung: *takes a deep breath* Sehun and I dated.

The car jerked forward as Seohyun stepped on the brakes a little harder than usual, "You what?? Dated? Like serious relationship dated?!"

Miyoung nodded and then began to tell the story from the beginning until their last interaction before her final exams, including their messy breakup during the engagement party.

Seohyun was speechless for a few minutes until she asked her, "Do you still love Sehun?"

"Yes." Miyoung said.

"Do you love Luhan?" she asked again.

Miyoung stared outside the window and sighed, "I don't know. I like him a lot. I miss him so much but how do I know if this is for real and not just because it's convenient? If I lead him on, he might feel worse and we both end up hurt."

Seohyun smiled, "It's normal that you still love your ex and I also think that it's normal if you start to have real feelings for Luhan too. I hope you find the enlightenment that you're looking for but don't speed things up just because you want to decide soon. Take your time to think about it but don't totally close yourself and avoid Luhan. You can still be with him and just be honest with how you feel about him because right now you're just ghosting him."

"Honestly, there's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter