[14]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung was on her way to the library to study for her upcoming exams. Her plans were put off when she ran into Hyoyeon and they decided to spent the whole afternoon together catching up. Hyoyeon was ecstatic when she learned that Miyoung and Luhan had started to get closer and spend more time together. "Who's going to tell Bora?" she quipped. She even squealed with delight when Miyoung shared that sometimes they call each other, "Myongmyong and Hanhan."

Hyoyeon brought up that she thought this was the longest time that Miyoung had been single. Depite teasing her incessantly to give Luhan a chance, she was glad that Miyoung was finally taking her time before diving into a new relationship. "That's right, Myong. Don't rush it. Good things, take time."

Miyoung felt guilty because while she agreed with her best friend on the outside, deep inside she was still harboring the secret relationship she had with Sehun. She knows once she tell it to her, she might not be able to keep it from Bora.

When they separated, she decided to just study in her dorm room because it was getting dark. Her plans were put on hold again when she found out that Sehun was waiting at her door. She panicked and ran down the stairs and out of the building, as quietly as she could. “What the heck! I can’t even go to my dorm to study?!” She stomped her foot and went back to the library.

Few hours later, she texted and asked Taeyeon if Sehun was still at the door. Taeyeon then confessed that she noticed that Sehun had been waiting for her since yesterday until curfew and then came back today. Miyoung apologized for the inconvenience that her room mate was experiencing and although Taeyeon kept insisting that she was alright, it still bothered her.

She took a deep breath and gathered her strength to confront Sehun but as soon as she entered the building, she bumped into Luhan who had just finished training and was on his way up to bring her some dinner.

Luhan: What’s wrong?

Miyoung: I can’t go to my dorm room right now.

Luhan: Why?

Miyoung: Sehun’s waiting at the door. I’m so embarrassed to face Taeyeon because he’s been waiting for me yesterday, too. I'm sure she's bothered thinking there's someone at the door. I just don't know how to make him leave without talking to him.

Luhan: Do you want me to go up there and talk to Sehun? 

Miyoung: No, thank you. If you get involved too, I don’t think my conscience could handle it. I think I’ll just go home instead.

Luhan: Okay, I’ll take you home.

Miyoung: No it’s okay, don’t be like that. I’m sure you’re tired. I can go home alone.

Luhan: But I’m worried. If you want, you can stay at my apartment.

Miyoung: Apartment? You live off-campus?

Luhan: Yeah…

Miyoung: I thought you were at staying at the university dorm.

Luhan: I’m not… I thought you knew.

Miyoung: I didn’t…

Luhan smiled and grabbed her hand. “Come on, it’s just near anyways.” Miyoung stared at how their fingers were interlocked. It was the first time that he did that which caught her off guard but at the same time, she didn’t want to make it a big deal.

 

Miyoung realized that Luhan wasn’t kidding when he said that his apartment was nearby. When they got out of the campus, it literally took them less than five minutes to arrive. As soon as they stopped, she examined the huge building from bottom to top. “Oh my god, Luhan. Your apartment is amazing.” Her eyes ogled on the shiny marble floor and pristine columns at the lobby. “Hyoyeon wasn’t kidding when she said you were rich. It’s like you’re living in a five-star hotel.”

“No… I’m not really rich. My parents bought this as a gift for me.”

“Bought? Not even rent?” Miyoung’s jaw almost dropped. She was amazed and couldn’t get over at how high end Luhan’s apartment was. The unit was spacious, the view was amazing and the whole place was spotless.

Miyoung: Who stays with you?

Luhan: It’s just me. They chose a unit with a spare room in just in case but no one really has time to visit me. My parents are busy with business and my grandmother is currently in Singapore so it’s just me basically. 

Miyoung: Don’t you feel alone?

Luhan: Well… not as much as you think because I’m usually only here to sleep.

Miyoung: *stands up and gazes at the view from the curtain wall* What a waste! If I was living here, I wouldn’t leave unless I really need to.

Luhan: Come on, let's eat. *raises the packed dinner he bought earlier*

 

During dinner, Miyoung asked him how his training went. His eyes lit up, just like always, every time she would ask about football. He loved the sport since childhood. Miyoung was amused at how he could keep on going every time their conversation goes to that topic and she felt like she needed that to forget, even just for a while. 

Miyoung insisted to do the dishes afterwards since he already bought the food. He followed her with his eyes as she brought the plates and utensils to the kitchen. The moment he saw her wore the apron hanging from the wall and pulled her hair back, he felt something different and his gaze never left her.

After finishing the dishes, Miyoung glanced at her watch and realized that it was getting late so she decided to go back to her dorm. She felt that by that time, Sehun must've already left so Luhan walked her back to the campus.

Upon reaching her dorm building, Miyoung was shocked to find Sehun at the lobby entrance, waiting for her.

"Myong... can we talk?" he asked as he slowly approached her.

Miyoung realized that there's no way out of this and that maybe it's time to talk to him so she agreed. She bade good night to Luhan and assured him that it's fine to leave her with Sehun.

Luhan felt his heart sank as he watched the two walked away. He knew that she needed to do this is for her own good and that no matter how many times she postpones it, she still has to go through this talk for her own peace of mind. The only thing was, he feared at the possibility of them getting back together.

 

Miyoung lead him to her favorite spot and sat on the bench. Sehun followed and sat beside her. He tried to hold her hand but she pulled it away.

Sehun: Myong… I’m so sorry… for everything I said and did to you.

Miyoung: You have to stop waiting for me at my dorm. You’re not only making me uncomfortable, you're making my roommate uncomfortable as well.

Sehun: I’m sorry for that too but this is only way I knew how to see you. I needed to talk to you and make things right.

Miyoung: Believe it or not, I actually want to forgive you. I’m trying… but you have to stop all this.

Sehun: I would. I promise, I’ll stop. We can start over again. I’ll be better. I promise, I wouldn’t let my emotions get the best of me this time. I promise, I’ll trust you two hundred percent.

Miyoung: I think you misunderstood. I’ll always care for you Sehun because we’ve been friends forever and you’re my best friend’s brother. That’s why I’m trying to forgive you. But I can’t just forget the things that you said to me. I just can't forget knowing what you really think of me.

Sehun: I’m really sorry… I know your forgiveness is too much to ask but I regret everything… Just tell me how to make it up to you.

Miyoung: If you’re really sorry, then at least give me some space, try your best to stay away from my sight.

Sehun: B-but Myong…

Miyoung: Do you even know how hard it is for me to talk to you right now? Do you know how much you’ve hurt and disappointed me? *her voice broke and her tears started to fall* Before you were my boyfriend, you were my best friend–at least that's what I thought. But all those times, I didn't know that that's how you really saw me... some kind of a minx who just jumps from one guy to another. I don’t know until when or if I’ll ever not experience this but every time I see you, I could feel your words stabbing my heart all over again. I feel so small that I don't deserve to be happy like everyone else. I just agreed to talk to you because I had to. Please, Sehun. Can you keep your promise that you’ll stop? Just please leave me alone.

Sehun pulled her into a hug. “Okay, okay. I’m so sorry, Myong…”

After Miyoung composed herself again, she pushed his arms down and released herself from his embrace.

“I’ll always love you, Myong. I know what I just promised earlier but I’ll always be here when you need me.” he sighed before walking away. 

 

Miyoung felt that what happened earlier was just too intense that she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter