[18]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi was excited to go with Miyoung to the campus to attend the finals of the U-League. Hansol and Tao heard the girls were going, so they immediately declared that they would join too.

When they arrived at the campus entrance, Miyoung asked them if they remembered how to get to the school field but they weren't able to recall. She tried to call Hyoyeon to guide the young ones but she was busy so Miyoung had no choice but to include them in her plans.

"Guys, I have to drop by somewhere first before going to the campus. This would only take ten minutes maximum." she said as she led them to a building.

"Wow unnie! This place is so grand! Where are we going?" Seulgi gawked at the surroundings.

"It's a secret." Miyoung smiled as she pressed the 8th floor on the elevator.

When they got out, she used the key card to open the door of one of the apartment units.

"This apartment's so big! Really unnie, who owns this?" Seulgi asked again.

The three roamed around the apartment unit as Miyoung entered the bedroom to get something. Suddenly Hansol yelled, "I know who owns this place! Waaa."

Seulgi and Tao ran to the kitchen where Hansol was at. They stared at the photos stuck on the fridge. "This is Luhan oppa's place? Wow..." Seulgi's jaw almost dropped. "Unnie, you're so lucky! You live here too?" she yelled.

Miyoung got out of the room and shushed her. "I don't live here. Just Luhan." she said.

"Why do you have that keycard then?" Tao asked.

"He just gave me a copy, okay?! Let's go to the campus now. You guys better not put me on the spot and spread news that I live here because I really don't." she casually warned them, making the three giggle.

 

They arrived at the field just in time for Luhan's match. Hyoyeon provided them seats near the team. They were playing against his previous university so he was trying to focus until Hyoyeon pointed out to him that Miyoung and the others were seated at the middle so they can watch the whole football match comfortably even after both teams switch after half time.

Luhan immediately ran to greet them.

Luhan: *hugs Miyoung* Did you get here earlier?

Miyoung: No, we just arrived.

Seulgi: Hi oppa! Good luck!

Hansol and Tao: Good luck, hyung!!

Luhan: Thanks for your support, guys! I really need it today.

Miyoung: Are you nervous? Hyo said you're playing against your previous team.

Luhan: Yeah. They know my skills so I'm kinda nervous that our coach might not let me play much.

Miyoung: Don't worry. I believe you'll do well today, trust me.

Hansol: Yeah hyung. If they know your plays, you know theirs too so you might not do as bad as you think.

Luhan: Thanks Hansol.

Seulgi asked if they could take a group photo so that she could post in her social media. Aside from a couple of group photos, she also took a photo of Miyoung and Luhan together.

Before Luhan returned to his team, he asked Miyoung if she had something to give him for good luck. She hit him playfully. "You don't need one. You're already the best!" she laughed as she pushed him lightly away from them.

 

The match started and Luhan was able to score one goal after tweny minutes of running back and forth. After that, all his efforts was blocked by the other team. The other team also started to score and Luhan was given a yellow card so the coach decided to bench him. After the first half was done, the other team's score was leading with 2-1.

Miyoung tried to call Luhan before they went to dressing room but he was too upset, not only because of the result of the first half but also because Miyoung witnessed him receiving a warning when he lost his temper during the match.

When the players came back, they switched sides. Miyoung wanted to approach Luhan because he looked like he was still upset. She saw his teammates trying to cheer him up and discussing their strategies on the field.

The second half started and Luhan was included again. He was trying to do his best but he messed up a couple of times out of pressure. One of his teammates managed to even out the score after a few minutes. 

The match was almost ending and the score was still tied. Luhan tried to score again but was tripped by another player so the match was stopped. The referees had to deliberate for a few minutes and then decided to give him a penalty kick. Since the match was ending, he felt pressured to make the goal. The moment was so intense that the crowd was getting fired up. As he walked towards the penalty mark, he suddenly heard Miyoung's voice yelling his name. He looked at the side and saw her nodding at him–smiling and wearing his varsity shirt backwards, revealing his name and squad number.

He suddenly chuckled at her attempt in calming him down. He took a deep breath and kicked the ball. He watched the ball fly towards the goalkeeper who jumped to block the ball, only he went on the opposite side of the ball's trajectory, earning Luhan his second goal. The crowd cheered loudly as his teammates ran towards him to celebrate the goal.

The match continued with a few seconds left, Luhan made another goal and pointed to Miyoung which made the crowd go wild.

Miyoung felt her cheeks burn up while Seulgi, Hansol and Tao yelled in excitement. The university fans were already lauding the team, being the obvious winner of the final match. When the time officially ran out, the other players at the bench immediately jumped at Luhan to congratulate him on his performance. They lifted him up as they celebrated. 

Suddenly one of the players, Jongdae, approached Miyoung and asked her to go celebrate with the team. At first, she didn't want to but she was pushed by Seulgi and Hansol so they all approached them.

The squad put Luhan down so he could be greeted by others. Hansol, Tao and Seulgi ran towards him and greeted him with a hug. Afterwards, Luhan's eyes was fixed on Miyoung who was a few steps away, smiling at him and letting him have his moment with others. After passing by a couple of friends, she was finally within his reach, he held her shoulders and pulled her close for a hug. "Myongmyong, thank you for saving me earlier." he whispered and then kissed her cheek. The people around them cheered loudly as they took countless photos of the two. Miyoung felt her cheeks get warmer and warmer as she got self-conscious with the people watching them.

 

Hyoyeon finally joined them on the way to lunch. Miyoung was telling Luhan to have his wounds treated at one of the first aid tents but he insisted that they didn't hurt and that the tents were far from where they were. She frowned and told Hyoyeon and the young ones to go ahead.

Miyoung: Okay, they're gone. You don't have to pretend that they don't hurt anymore.

Luhan: They really don't. I'm glad you're worried about me but I'm okay.

Miyoung: *hits his arm* You're so stubborn! Sit there! *walks away*

Luhan: Myong...

Miyoung returned after a few minutes. "I thought I told you to sit down?!" she raised her eyebrow.

Luhan followed her in an instant and saw her take some first aid kit items from her bag. "Where did you get those?"

"From the tent, where else?" she rolled her eyes. She said as she opened the items to clean and treat his wounds.

Luhan winced as he felt the twinge in his wounds. Miyoung laughed as she watched him react. "I thought you said they didn't hurt?!" she said as she placed the gauze over the last wound.

"Maybe you put too much ointment." he said.

"Heol." Miyoung sighed loudly as she stood up. "Now, can you really walk properly or were you just pretending as well?"

"I can walk. I can even carry you." he answered.

"No, thanks. Let's just go. They're probably waiting for us." she said.

Luhan held her hand, "Myong... let's eat somewhere else or just do takeaways. The track event is in a few hours anyways, let's just go to the apartment."

 

Upon reaching the apartment, Miyoung was about to take the varsity shirt off but Luhan insisted that she continued to wear it.

"Can I at least wear it the right way and without my shirt inside? It's summer you know." she asked.

"Of course." he smiled as he set up their food on the table.

 

Luhan laid down on the couch as he watched Miyoung washed the dishes and the utensils that they used.

"I'm going to sleep for a while. Wake me up when it's time to leave, 'kay?" Miyoung said as she walked to Luhan's bedroom.

Luhan then followed her, wrapping his arms around her as they laid on their sides. "Thanks for travelling early in the morning to watch me play. You must've left your house before sunrise and I know it's a very big effort on your part. Sorry you had to witness me losing my temper and receiving warning." he said in a low voice.

Miyoung turned to face him and laughed, "Are you kidding? You were amazing back there. You were so passionate while you fought those who fouled you. So hot." she bit her lower lip as she recalled the match earlier.

Hearing her positive response, Luhan suddenly felt the urge to hold her face. Without breaking eye contact, he slowly leaned closer.

When their lips touched, he felt her take a deep breath. He closed his eyes as he kissed her gently and slowly. He opened his eyes after, curious about how she reacted. At first, she was just staring at him but then he noticed the corners of turned up, revealing the most charming smile, making him feel like he was on cloud nine. He immediately pulled her closer to him and hugged her tightly. "I love you, Hwang Miyoung." he whispered.

 

Luhan opened his eyes upon hearing his phone alarm. He realized that Miyoung was still hugging him with her face on his chest and their legs intertwined. He her cheek gently to try to wake her up. "Myong... it's time to wake up. We have to go back to the campus soon."

 

Miyoung frowned when Luhan suddenly stood up and got ready to shower. She watched him as he took clothes from his wardrobe.

Miyoung: It's unfair that you get to take a shower.

Luhan: You can too if you want.

Miyoung: I want to but I couldn't really take a proper shower. I can't let my hair get wet.

Luhan: Why not?

Miyoung: Are you joking? They'll suspect we did something if we both went back with wet hair.

Luhan: It's up to you, Myong. *smirks*

Miyoung sat on the couch and checked her phone. She unlocked it and saw numerous notifications–missed calls, messages, tags and likes–continuously pouring in.

"What the..." her jaw dropped as she opened her Facebook account. It turned out that Seulgi, among others, had uploaded photos and videos of her cheering Luhan including their hug and the moment he kissed her cheek after the match ended.

Her phone suddenly rang with Bora on the other line. She was asking where they was since Sehun's race was about to start.

"Good, you can up your phone!" Bora cheered sarcastically.

"We ate lunch and then hung out. Luhan's currently showering before we go back." Miyoung said.

"Okay, hurry up. It's starting soon. By the way, I saw the posts and videos but we'll talk about it later." Bora laughed and ended the call.

 

After Luhan got out of the bathroom, Miyoung went in to freshen herself up. When she got out, he noticed that she switched shirt and used the one she was wearing originally.

"Why did you change?" he asked looking disheartened.

"I had to. I smell like your sweat. You should've showered first before you slept beside me."

"I have another one. You can wear that." he suggested.

She looked at him suspiciously, "Why?"

"You look really good in my clothes." he smiled.

"Yah, we're not even in a relationship yet. I'll wear my clothes for now, thank you." Miyoung said as she walked to her bag to gather her stuff. 

 

When they were about to leave, Miyoung noticed that Luhan was suddenly silent and was not responding when she calls him.

"Xi Luhan, why are you suddenly so bleak. Earlier you were so happy." she asked him before they stepped out of the apartment but he acted indifferently and just gave her a look.

"Do you not want to go to the track event?" she asked. "Or is it because I didn't wear your varsity shirt again?"

Miyoung paused as she remembered what happened earlier until it hit her, "Are you being like that because of what I said about us not being in a relationship? I thought you said you were a patient guy." she scolded him.

"I am but I thought since you let me kiss you, that's kinda where we are now." he raised his voice.

Miyoung laughed at him. "Omo... my Hanhan is sulking." she . "Yah. You didn't even ask me properly. How unromantic." she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, I'm sorry." Luhan sighed. "Hwang Miyoung... will you be my girlfriend?" he asked as he took her hand.

"It's too late now. The moment has passed. Ask me again next time and be more prepared." she pulled her hand away as she laughed.

"Heol. Fine. I'm going to surprise you so watch out." He warned her.

"I. Can't. Wait." she laughed as they finally got out of the unit. 

"Don't think that I didn't notice, you called me "my Hanhan."" he smirked as he closed the door behind them.

 

Luhan and Miyoung walked back to the campus hand in hand. On the way to the field, Miyoung was suddenly worried that Sehun might see them and distract him during his race. Luhan then agreed to act normally at least until Sehun's race was over.

"We're not there yet so we can actually still..." Luhan smiled as he grabbed her hand and locked their fingers together.

As soon as they arrived, Bora nagged them for taking too long to arrive. "So what, are you like in a relationship now?" she asked.

"Not yet." Miyoung smirked while Luhan pursed his lips, trying to hide his excitement.

"Hurry, take your seats now. The race is starting soon." Bora said.

 

Miyoung: *whispers to Luhan* I'm kinda torn right now. Maybe it's not a good idea for me to be here.

Luhan: If it's not a good idea for you to be here, what more about my presence?

Miyoung: I think we should leave... but how should we do it without being suspicious? Bora would definitely find it weird if I won't be here to support him.

Luhan: Do you really want to leave? Like seriously leave?

Miyoung: Yes please.

Luhan: You sure? Whatever it takes?

Miyoung: *sighs* Yes.

Luhan: Okay, I'm really sorry for this.

Luhan took Miyoung's water flask and discreetly poured half of the content on her right thigh. She screamed as she jumped out of her seat from the coldness of the water.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?!" Bora asked.

"I guess I didn't close my water flask properly." Miyoung glared at Luhan. "I should go to the toilet and dry my pants." she stood up. Luhan excused himself and followed her. 

"Myong... I'm really sorry." Luhan chased Miyoung.

"What the heck Luhan! Yes I was jealous that you were able to shower earlier but not this way. Why?!" she asked.

"I asked you earlier, whatever it takes and you said yes. If I poured it on my jogging pants, they might not be convinced that you had to help me. At least now that you left, I was able to excuse myself easily because I have to tend to you." he reasoned.

Miyoung frowned until she realized Luhan was right. "What are we going to do about my pants now?"

"It's still warm. We could just sit on one of the benches and wait for it to dry. For sure, the track event, at least Sehun's, would be done before we get back."

"Wow... kinda seems like you planned it all along. Good job, Hanhan." Miyoung gave him a slow clap. "Let's go!"

 

Sehun arrived at the track with Hoya and Taemin. As soon as they stepped out, he immediately saw Bora, Seulgi, Hansol and Tao near the dugout seats where they stayed. He immediately ran towards them and accepted their well-wishes.

"Too bad you just missed Miyoung. She had to step away for a bit because something spilled on her pants but I'm sure she wishes you well too." said Bora.

"Thanks noona." Sehun smiled upon hearing Miyoung's name. "I'm glad I stopped by here and meet you. I have to go there now. I'll just see you guys later." he said excitedly as he high fived Hansol and Tao and then patted Seulgi's head before going back to his team.

 

When it was time for the hurdles event, Sehun stood up to do some last minute stretching.

"Good luck!!" Taemin yelled.

"You can do it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter