[12]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two weeks after the engagement party and Sehun has not seen Miyoung yet. He was driven back to the campus by his sister along with Hyoyeon who was delighted because Luhan and Miyoung went back together alone. Since then, he had tried to reach her phone numerous times but it was always unavailable. He was wondering how was it possible for her to manage avoiding him all this time—even at her favorite spot. He tried waiting outside her dorm room but his schedule wasn’t exactly as flexible as he wanted to. 

The only remaining way that he knew was through Hyoyeon but every time he sees her, she was always busy—until now. He saw her just parting ways with a senior so he immediately took the chance and sprinted towards her.

Sehun: Hyo noona, have you seen Myong noona? I haven’t seen her lately in campus.

Hyoyeon: Oh her? I’ve seen her a couple of times during lunch breaks so maybe she’s just around somewhere. Have you tried calling her?

Sehun: Hmm… Do you think she’s with that guy you introduced her?

Hyoyeon: Who? Luhan? I hope so… but Luhan is busy these days. He’s training hard for the U-League. But I guess he could squeeze some dates if he really wanted to. *voice suddenly becomes whimsical* Maybe Myong’s watching him train… with a towel ready and a gatorade on her other hand… waiting for him to take a break and then she would wipe the sweat off his forehead… and Luhan would grab Myong’s arm gently and would be like *deepens her voice* ’Thank you my Miyoung~’ and then Myong would blush…

Sehun: *annoyed* Noona… are you okay? Are you still here with me? Looks like you’re dreaming.

Hyoyeon: HEY!

Sehun: Gotta go.

Hyoyeon: *yells at him as he walked away* Maybe you need a girlfriend! Someone who’d do those things for you! Yah Oh Sehun!

 

Miyoung was on her way to Hyoyeon’s dorm when she spotted her talking to Sehun. After he broke up with her, she blocked his number and avoided him at campus. She didn’t want to talk to him because they had ended things so badly that it was unquestionably the worst breakup she had ever experienced. As quickly as she could, she walked backwards until felt like she hit something. She slowly turned head and found out that she bumped into Luhan’s duffel bag.

Luhan: Hey Myong, what are you doing there? Are you hiding from someone?

Miyoung: Uhhh no! I’m… looking for something… on the ground! The lock of my earring fell and rolled somewhere. I just couldn’t find that thing. Oh well that's gone.

Luhan: Okay? How are you?

Miyoung: Yeah I'm fine...

Luhan: Are you sure?

Miyoung: Uhuh.

Luhan: Umm... Myongmyong...

Miyoung: Yes?

Luhan: Are you free tonight? Do you want to have dinner with me?

Miyoung: Oh that… ]no, I can't. Sorry. *sees Sehun is coming their way* But we could grab a snack now. *grabs Luhan’s arm and pulls him away*

Luhan: *stops walking* Oh, unfortunately I couldn’t right now. I’m actually on my way to my training. Do you have somewhere to be later? A date? *laughs nervously*

Miyoung: Umm no. Actually… I couldn’t have dinner here for a while I guess. I’m staying at home indefinitely so I’m commuting back and forth. Please don’t tell this to anyone—even Hyoyeon.

Luhan: Okay sure. But how long are your travels mostly?

Miyoung: Two to three hours.

Luhan: Back and forth? Everyday?

Miyoung: Yes by bus. *smiles shyly*

Luhan: Ouch. Why not take the train?

Miyoung: I don’t like to squeeze myself during rush hour and also there's not much difference anyways. With bus, I can drop off somewhere closer to our house. Plus I can read books during the trip.

Luhan: Why do you have to do that anyways?

Miyoung: Hmm… family stuff, I guess.

Luhan: Well I’m bummed that I have to go now and leave you.

Miyoung: It’s fine, we can meet another time.

"Great!" Miyoung thought. Now she has to think of a ‘family stuff’ which would warrant her to stay at home in case Luhan asks. Suddenly someone called her from afar. “Miyoung! Hey!!!” She was stunned for a while until she realized she was called by her whole name. Few seconds later, the woman who called her was getting closer. “Oh, hey Taeyeon!”

 

Taeyeon: I haven’t seen you lately. I miss you. Are you now bunk mates with your boyfriend... and mine? *giggles* But wait… he’s been looking for you a couple of times.

Miyoung: Taeyeon, I know this might be too much to ask but I need you to swear me something.

Taeyeon: What is it?

Miyoung: You have to swear first.

Taeyeon: Okay. We have a room mates’ deal.

Miyoung: Alright, you can’t tell anyone. ANYONE. I’m kinda living off-campus.

Taeyeon: How far is that off-campus?

Miyoung: Home.

Taeyeon: WHAT?! How do you survive the commute?

Miyoung: It’s fine, really… but please, okay? I’m going to hold on to your promise. You won’t tell. If anyone asks, I’m still living with you at the dorm, I’m just really busy or asleep or just hanging out somewhere.

Taeyeon: Even Sehun?

Miyoung: Especially.

Taeyeon: You guys broke up?

Miyoung: *nods* Y-yeah… it was pretty bad.

Taeyeon: Oh my god! *hugs Miyoung* Are you alright? Is that why you…?

Miyoung: Yes.

Taeyeon: Alright, my lips are sealed.

Miyoung: Thanks! You’re the best!

Taeyeon: Okay, gotta go to my class now. I hope we still see each other.

Miyoung: We absolutely can! Just text me.

Taeyeon: Okay then!

“Oh my god! Two people know now!!! Why am I suddenly blurting out my secret to everyone?!?” Miyoung panicked. She immediately scurried to her new hideout—the engineering department’s cafeteria.

 

 

Taeyong got tired of all the wedding talk in the house so he decided to stay at their balcony when suddenly he noticed that there was a moving ladder about to lean towards the rails. He was just about to scream when he saw that the person climbing up was a woman and he knew her.

Taeyong: Noona?! WTF?!

Miyoung: OMG. Yongie… *covers his mouth* don't yell, okay? *he nods*

Taeyong: What are you doing here? Why are you sneaking inside?

Miyoung: Nobody should know about this... I’ve actually been living here for how two weeks now… secretl— *interrupted by Taeyong’s sudden hug*

Taeyong: Don’t worry noona, I got you. You’re going to be okay.

Miyoung: What are you talking about?

Taeyong: Noona, you can't fool me. Like mom always say… we're twins, only three years apart. I know you're having a hard time right now so you don't have to pretend with me.

Miyoung: You do?

Taeyong: *pretends not to know about her and Sehun* It’s because you’re stressed right? Because of your school?

Miyoung: *pauses* Y-yeah… thank you little bro. *pats his head*

Taeyong: Did you eat? You look like you lost a lot of weight. I’m going to grab dinner and I’ll bring it to your room.

Miyoung kissed her younger brother’s cheek before he went straight to the kitchen. 

 

Taeyong grabbed a tray then filled it with food especially the ones he knew that his sister liked. On the way back, his mother stopped him, “I thought you were full?” 

He explained that he grabbed a lot of food because he’s going to study all night. “Good boy! Study hard.” Mrs. Hwang patted his head and let him go upstairs then returned to the dining table to talk to Yonghwa and Seohyun.

 

 

After classes, Taeyong was asked by Miss Bae to stay because she had to discuss an issue with him. He hesitantly approached her desk in front of the classroom. Ever since that moment when they had a talk about his book report grade, he had been trying his best to avoid her up to the point that he avoided looking at her unless he had no choice. He wondered if there was going on or if she's finally going to call him out on his recent behavior.

Joohyun: Taeyong-ssi.

Taeyong: Miss Bae, is there something I did?

Joohyun: These past few days, I noticed that your mind was always somewhere else and your latest English test was just passing. Is there something wrong? Do you have problems with your other classes? College stuff? Family?

Taeyong looked around the classroom to check if there are any other students around. He then looked at her hand on top of her desk, thinking if he should tell what was on his mind but he couldn't just blurt out his sister's secret so he just shook his head. "I'm sorry Miss Bae, I'll do better next time."

Joohyun: If for some reason, you're not yet ready to share that problem, it's fine. But you can't just sweep that under a rug. I'm afraid that if you just keep that problem to yourself, it'll affect you greatly in the future. Maybe next time it would not just only affect your studies but other aspects of your life too.

Taeyong took a deep breath. "I'll keep that in mind, Miss Bae."

Joohyun: Just in case you really don't have anyone to talk to, you can talk to me as your teacher. I can advise you and I promise I won't tell. I'm literally obligated to keep our conversations confidential so no one will know unless this becomes worse and your grades suffer then I might need to talk to your parents. Okay?

Taeyong nodded and left. Ever since he found out last week that Miyoung comes home after her classes, he has been pretending to not hear her crying every night because he wasn't sure how to bring up that he knows about her secret. He decided that at the moment, the best way that he could help her was to take care of her by bringing food and water in her room. He has also been sneaking her in and out of the house so she wouldn't need to climb their balcony everyday.

 

The next morning, Taeyong sneaked out to check if everyone has left before finally knocking on Miyoung’ door. “Noonaaa! You’re late!” He then heard her stumbled out of her bed. “OMG OMG OMG OMG I overslept!” she panicked as she dashed to her bathroom to brush her teeth. Taeyong immediately went to the kitchen to pack her breakfast. Within five minutes, Miyoung was ready to leave. As she got out of the door, he handed her the meal he prepared. “Thanks Yongie! I owe you!”

 

At the bus stop, Miyoung realized that her first class was about to start so she just gave up and went to the coffee shop across the street. She got inside and ordered a cup of coffee to be placed in her tumbler. She was sulking all throughout her coffee trip that she didn’t notice someone was following her, calling her name. She snapped out of her thoughts when her arm was grabbed from behind.

Miyoung: Oh my god! Oh! It’s you… wait... sorry, what’s your name again?

Kris: It’s Kris. So sorry I followed you. You just seemed so out of it.

Miyoung: Oh it’s alright I guess…

Kris: Where are you headed?

Miyoung: To the university.

Kris: Really? I thought you stayed at your university's dorm… what brings you here?

"Great… at this rate, my secret would be totally out." she thought.

Miyoung: Ohh I’m just here because I forgot something at home. Looks like the bus is coming, I’m actually late so I better go…

Kris: If you want I can give you a ride?

Miyoung: What?

Kris: If you don’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter