[6]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun opened his eyes and found himself in an unfamiliar room. It took a few seconds before he realized that he’s now staying at his dorm. He arrived yesterday, had the orientation and then was busy unpacking his stuff the rest of the day and fell asleep. He was just contemplating on getting up when his phone suddenly rang.

Sehun: Hello?

Miyoung: SEHUN! I thought we were supposed to meet last night?!

Sehun: Oh THAT! I'm sorry jagi. I fell asleep after unpacking my stuff.

Miyoung: It's okay. Hahaha. I'm just kidding, I'm not mad. How's your room? Is it nice? Do you have a roommate?

Sehun: Yup, it's nice. I do have a roommate but I haven't seen him yet. But looking at his stuff, it seems like he's not a freshman like me. He has a lot of things and binders on his desk for a freshman...

Miyoung: Have you eaten breakfast yet? Do you want to eat together? What time is your first class?

Sehun: Uhmm... I think 8:30.

Miyoung: Yah Oh Sehun! It's already 8:20.

Sehun: What?! Really?! I'm dead. *immediately grabs his jeans and wears it*

Miyoung: Of course you are. You better run for it. Bye. Love you!

Sehun: Love you *stumbles* Oww!

 

Sehun dashed to his classroom only to find that the professor was already in front and giving his reminders and class rules. He was about to walk backwards and miss the class but the professor has already noticed him.

Prof. Kim: You. What are you doing there? Are you part of this class?

Sehun: Y-yes... I'm sorry, I'm late. I thought I could make it in time if I ran from my dorm.

Prof. Kim: You ran from the dormitory? Which one?

Sehun: Lit. dormitory.

Prof. Kim: Well...that explains your heavy breathing. What time did you wake up?

Sehun: I'm not sure...but I realized I was running late when I saw that the clock flashed 8:20.

Prof. Kim: What is your name?

Sehun: Oh Sehun, sonsaeng… eh… kyosunim.

Prof. Kim: Well Oh Sehun-ssi, see me after class. I'll let you in since it's the first day but next time make sure you won't be late anymore.

Sehun: Yes... Thank you, kyosunim.

After his class, Sehun talked to the professor privately as instructed. The professor ordered him to show up at a specific place during his free time.

 

Sehun checked his phone and saw the message that Miyoung left stating that she’d be at the bookstore buying some additional books that she needed. Since he hasn’t eaten any breakfast yet, they decided to go to the building cafeteria afterwards.

On the way, he noticed that they were getting a lot of stares most especially towards Miyoung. He rolled his eyes at some who even dared to wave at her and call her attention.

 

Joon: Hey Miyoung, I heard you and Jongin broke up.

Miyoung: Yes Joon, we did.

Joon: Listen, if you want to grab a quick snack...

Miyoung: It's okay Joon. I need to go now, sorry. See you around.

Joon: Yeah, see you in class.

 

Sehun scoffed at that guy’s audacity to approach them. More than how he felt unacknowledged he was, he even felt more invincible when she didn’t bother introducing him to others as her boyfriend. He tried to act that he wasn’t bothered but it was getting obvious that he was getting jealous.

Sehun: So I guess you're really famous with guys, huh?

Miyoung: No, not really Sehunnie. They're just friends I met during various school activities.

Sehun: Activities like what? Dating?

Miyoung: I’m going to pretend you didn’t say that.

Sehun: All of them? Friends? Are you kidding me? On the way here, countless guys have already looked at you and acted like I was not here beside you.

Miyoung: Wait, are you jealous? Sehunnie, those are just typical college students. I didn't mind them since they're not really important, okay? If I would waste my time telling them off then I wouldn't be able to enjoy my time with you. I'd rather focus on you instead.

Sehun tried hard to prove his point further but her smile when she suddenly grabbed his hand as they walked made it hard for him to continue being jealous. As much as he was annoyed with the other guys, he felt really happy that they could freely act like a couple in campus, except in Hyoyeon’s department since she was taking up Sports & Leisure Studies in another building which was far away. After eating, Sehun showed his room to Miyoung and was proud of how neat it looked unlike some other rooms that they passed by.

 

They started chatting on the bed and ended up having a steamy make-out session. Sehun wanted to get more action and was about to suggest going to the next level when suddenly they heard someone turning the doorknob. They immediately sat up straight as the person entered the room. Despite trying to act casually, the awkward vibe was very visible.

Baekhyun: Oh... hi there... roomie. Nice to finally meet you awake. I'm Byun Baekhyun, majoring in Literature.

Sehun: Uhmm...yeah. Nice to meet you too, Baekhyun-ssi. I'm Oh Sehun. I'm taking up, History.

Baekhyun: No need for formalities, Sehun. We're roommates. Call me Baekhyun or Baek. *Miyoung giggles which catches both the guys' attentions*

Sehun: Oh by the way, this is Hwang Miyoung... *looks at her* ...my girlfriend.

Miyoung: Nice to meet you Baekhyun-ssi. *Sehun felt relieved that she didn't act awkwardly when he introduced her as his girlfriend.* I'm sorry I laughed earlier, I thought you said to call you 'Bacon.'

Baekhyun: Oh that dreadful nickname. You're actually far from the first person to call me that but it's alright and it's okay, you can call me Baek too. No need for formalities.

Miyoung: Although... you look really familiar... by any chance, do you know Kim Taeyeon?

Baekhyun: *blushes* Oh that...she's my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter