[20]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong went to the hotel lobby with Wendy to ask for help in flagging a taxi. He walked her out to the hotel dropoff and opened the door for her.

"Take care, Taeyong." she said before they shared a hug.

"Until next time." he said as she went in the taxi.

When he returned to the venue, he felt like a lot has happened. He scanned around to look at his friends. He saw Bora just got out of the dressing rooms, looking upset; Sehun was drinking with Hansol and Tao, but he was looking aloof while the two talked more blissfully; Hyoyeon comforting Seulgi on one corner; and Miyoung and Luhan were nowhere to be found.

He approached the boys' table without a single thought and sat in front of Sehun. He then grabbed a bottle from the middle and clinked it with the three guys' bottles with a reminder from Hansol that they should take it easy since the few bottles in their table are the only ones his father allowed the three of them to drink. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hansol: *looks around* Where's Wendy? How come you're back alone?

Taeyong: She said she had to leave so I helped her get a taxi.

Tao: Why out of a sudden?

Taeyong: We broke up. *The boys stopped. Including Sehun.*

Hansol: Are you okay? What happened?

Taeyong I'm going to be okay. Let's just drink.

Sehun: *senses Taeyong was uncomfortable to share at the moment* Myong and I dated and we broke up after one hundred twenty-two days... during the engagement party to be more specific.

Tao and Hansol: WHAT?!

Tao: Seriously? For real dated? *Sehun nods*

Hansol: Miyoung was the one you liked?! The one you refused to tell us?!

Sehun: Loved and still love. *sees Taeyong nodding at him*

Tao: *looks at Taeyong* You're okay with this?

Taeyong: I wasn't for a while... but only because I found out when they broke up and noona was really hurt.

Tao: Myong noona was really hurt? That means either you did something wrong that she ended it or you broke up with her?!

Sehun: Both are correct. I can't beat myself enough for it. I'm just relieved that Myong forgave me and Taeyong did too.

Taeyong: Yeah... we settled it out after some time.

Hansol: Good. Kinda feels like some of the questions in my mind were answered. *asks Sehun* Are you okay with noona dating someone new? I mean... they even went on your birthday! That's so surreal.

Sehun: Yeah. It's no one's fault. You witnessed my sister and Hyo noona forcing her to go but that's because nobody there really knew what happened. The only ones who knew that time were Taeyong, Seohyun noona and Luhan probably.

Tao: Who knows now?

Sehun: Since I just told you guys and after what happened earlier... everyone? Well I guess except for Wendy but Seulgi will tell her soon for sure...

Taeyong: Wendy knows because I had to tell her everything earlier but that's all I can say for now.

Sehun: So I'm guessing you all knew about Seulgi's feelings too? I just heard earlier. Apparently, even Myong knows.

Hansol: Dude, almost everyone knows Seulgi's feelings, except you. If you weren't probably busy focusing on noona, you would've too. *Sehun shrugs*

Taeyong: Wait... all that happened earlier?! Was there a big confrontation?

Sehun: Just in the dressing room area. It didn't reach the party.

Taeyong: Hmm... and I was worried about me and Wendy making a scene.

Sehun: Yeah. You missed a lot earlier and now, it's safe to say that there are no more secrets.

Hansol: So what are you going to do, now that you know Seulgi likes you?

Sehun: I don't know. Should I do something about it?! In my heart, there's only Miyoung. *Hansol and Tao were taken aback at their friend's bluntness*

Tao: Everything's going to be so complicated now, won't it?

Hansol: Just promise me this. Us four... we should stick together, okay?!

Tao: Agreed... at least until I leave next year. After that, you can decide to revisit this pact. *raises his bottle with the others and drank*

 

 

Bora had to drive home alone from the party since Hyoyeon and Seulgi decided to go home with their parents. At that point she wished she had just let Kris come to the party even when she found out that Mrs. Hwang and Mrs. Ji took over the planning of the party. When she reached their house, she eagerly waited for Sehun and his parents to arrive. She knew she had to settle their issue as soon as possible especially that they were both off to college again for their fall term.

As soon as Sehun arrived, Bora tried to talk to him but just like at the party, he continued to ignore her. She attempted to block the door of his bedroom so he wouldn't be able to get in but he beat her to it.

"Sehun... you'll have to talk to me at some point. You can't just ignore me forever. You have to understand me. I was just looking out for you." she said as he entered his room.

"Just so you know, it was me who broke up with her. I hurt her not the other way around." he said coldly before closing his door.

 

The next morning, Sehun waited out on eating breakfast to avoid his sister. When he wanted to grab some water but he heard her just get out of her room so he pressed his ear through his door and waited for her to return. As soon as he heard the door closed, he slowly opened the door to his room and stepped out. He tried his best to keep his footsteps light as he headed down to the kitchen.

He opened the fridge and scanned the contents. After grabbing a water bottle, he was taken aback when he closed the door and Bora's face suddenly appeared.

"Sehun, can we please talk?" Bora said.

Sehun rolled his eyes and decided to just grab some lunch too since he has been caught already. He tried to avoid looking at  her but she was persistent. She sat in front of him and grabbed his right hand, forcing him to stop eating.

"Okay... I'm willing to talk to Miyoung again. Just let me explain myself." Bora let go of his hand so he could continue eating. Without waiting for his response, she immediately told her side.

"I kinda knew you had feelings for her back then. Of course only you know when it exactly started but I first noticed it during White day on your first year high school." Bora admitted.

"I could see it in your eyes. You were always watching out for her especially when she was heartbroken. I tried to ignore it but it hurt me to keep seeing you upset every time you console her and then she dates someone new. I really tried to stay out of it but it reached the point when I got scared if I would have to choose between Miyoung and you. Of course you're my brother but we all grew up together. They're like our extended family too. I just want you to know that before I asked Miyoung to promise not to go out with you, I asked first if she had any feelings for you and she denied so I really thought there was no harm in asking."

Sehun didn't respond nor look at her but she knew he was listening to her. "Sehun... you can get mad at me for as long as you want, as many times as you want but that won't stop me from being your older sister. If there's any chance to prevent you from getting hurt, I'll do it and I'd like to think that you'd do the same for me too." Bora sighed as she stood up and returned to her room.

 

Sehun laid on his bed and stared at his ceiling. He could hear Bora starting her car and driving off to somewhere. He suddenly thought about what she said earlier and tried to recall what happened that year she was talking about. White day?

Mrs. Oh: *hands Sehun's allowance* Here, I added a little bit so you can buy chocolates for the girl next door.

Sehun: No, I don't need to give to Seulgi.

Mrs. Oh: But I saw that she gave you chocolates last month.

Sehun: *rolls his eyes* Yeah... out of obligation. She gave Tyong some and then saw me so she felt like she had to give me some too.

Mrs. Oh: Regardless... You're now in high school. Just spend it on someone you want to. You don't have to tell me who you'll buy it for.

Bora: Eomma... don't push him if he doesn't like. Just give me the money instead.

Mrs. Oh: Don't you have a date already? You don't need more money.

Bora: I'm not even sure if I have a date later. Miyoung and her boyfriend broke up so she might not want to go to the group date.

Mrs. Oh: What does that have to do with you? You can still go if you're date's still going.

Bora: Eomma, it's a friend thing. You should understand.

Mrs. Oh: Date or don't date... it's up to you. Just don't stay out too late.

Sehun: No matter how late we get home anyways, you'll still get home much later.

Mrs. Oh: Yah! Should I just take that extra allowance I gave you?

Sehun: No, you gave it to me already. It's mine.

Mrs. Oh: *massages her temples* Just go to school and be careful.

Bora: Fine, Sehun. You go ahead. I'll pick up Miyoung first.

 

When Bora opened the door, Miyoung was already at their doorstep about to ring their doorbell. Upon seeing the two in front of her, she immediately hugged them both by their necks. "Good morning guys!" she greeted, trying to act cheerfully.

"Take care guys!" Mrs. Oh said as she closed the door so she could prepare to go to work.

Bora: What's our plan after school?

Miyoung: Our plan? Umm... the group date?

Bora: You're still going?

Miyoung: *hooks her arms with them* Of course not! I don't have a date but you have so just go there with Hyo. Don't mind me.

Bora: Are you sure?

Miyoung: Yeah... I'll go home early for a change. How about you Sehun?

Sehun: I don't know.

Bora: Yah... are you going on a date? Did you just not want to tell eomma? *looks at Miyoung* Eomma added his allowance so he could spend it to someone else.

Miyoung: I heard Seulgi gave you chocolates too. I ate the ones she gave to Yongie so I bought some chocolates for him to give to her. How about you? Are you giving her too?

Sehun: No!

Miyoung: *laughs and playfully hits his arm* Just say no normally. You don't need to blatantly deny like you're disgusted with that idea.

Bora: Yeah... just give me half of the extra money if you won't spend it.

Sehun: Maybe I'll just buy a favor.

Miyoung: Oh. That's what Yongie does with mom sometimes.

Bora: Buying a favor?

Miyoung: Yeah... when Taeyong receives money from mom, he spends some or all of it to buy a nice gift for her and then when our mom would tell him how thankful and appreciative she was, he would swoop in with a request much bigger than the amount mom had given him.

Bora: That works?

Miyoung: Sometimes it does when Yongie puts a little bit of effort and also depends on mom's mood.

Bora: Eomonim's patience with you two are really commendable.

Miyoung: Yeah... it's fine. I'll be leaving next year anyways so with Yonghwa oppa and me gone for college, she'll have extra patience to deal with Yongie.

 

After classes, Sehun was about to exit the building when he saw Miyoung alone getting inside the music room. He followed her and sneaked in the room right before Miyoung could close the door.

"You surprised me! What are you doing here?!" Miyoung flinched.

"I was about to ask you that. What are you doing here? I thought you said you wanted to go home immediately." Sehun crossed his arms but noticed Miyoung's watery eyes. "Hey, are you okay?!" he held her face and her cheeks with his thumbs.

Miyoung's tears started to fall on her cheeks and the corners of were drawn down. "I saw him outside carrying flowers and chocolates while talking to another girl." she said as she buried her face in his chest and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Sorry to hear that. Do you want me to confront that jerk?" Sehun asked.

"No, you don't need to do that." she said as she let go and wiped her tears. "Don't you need to go somewhere? You should go. I'll stay here for a while."

"Why? We can go home together." he suggested.

"I don't want to go home yet. Couples are everywhere. I might see them outside." she said as she sat on the couch.

"I can't leave you here alone... come on. I'll protect your eyes in case we see them." he said. "I know where to go."

 

As they walked out of the campus, Sehun kept an eye around them. Whenever he sees someone who resembles Miyoung's ex-boyfriend, he would pull her closer and cover her eyes.

"It's fine. You don't need to do that. Just tell me and I'll look somewhere else." Miyoung chuckled. "Where are we going anyways?"

"You'll see." he said.

 

"Here?! In this small amusement park?" Miyoung asked. "Are you kidding me?"

Sehun grabbed her hand and led her further into the park. They stopped walking right in front of the ticket booth and Sehun purchased a couple of tickets for the ferris wheel.

"Sehunnie... what are we doing here? There's a lot of couples here and it's just close to the school. We might see him and his date. Maybe we can just go home? For sure, there would be zero chances of encountering them at home." Miyoung complained.

"Don't worry noona. Once we get in, you won't be able to see them and they wouldn't be able to see you." he said.

"Yeah but after one ride, we're back here again." she rolled her eyes.

"Noona, don't you trust me?" he asked as he fanned the tickets he bought in his hand.

"Wow! You bought that much?!" her eyes opened wide.

"Yeah. So now you can decide when it's time to get off. Come on." Sehun smiled.

"Fine." she sighed as they lined up.

 

Sehun watched Miyoung as she crossed her arms above the metal railing and leaned her head down while looking at the view. They have been on the ride for two rounds already and she hasn't uttered a word ever since they got on.

"Noona..." he tried to call her but she didn't respond.

He got frustrated watching her cry so he stood up. As he sat beside her, their cart suddenly swayed. "Sehun!" Miyoung lost her balance and grabbed onto him.

"Why did you move?!" she asked as tried to sit properly again.

"Because I called you and you didn't answer me." he said. "You looked really sad over here so I moved."

Miyoung moved closer and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Sehunnie... sorry you had to spend your afternoon here with me. You probably had other plans."

"It's okay noona. Of course I want to be there for you when you're sad." he said as he hugged her.

"I'm going to miss you when I leave next year. No one would comfort me like this anymore."

"Just come home if you need me or let me know so I'll visit you."

Miyoung chuckled. "You'd do that for me? Although... I'm sure you're going to be busy next year. You'll be schoolmates with Yongie and you'll probably have a girlfriend by then."

"Maybe, maybe not." he shrugged.

 

Their ride was about to end again when Sehun noticed that Miyoung had fallen asleep in his arms. He leaned his head on top of hers as he hugged her tightly. The staff opened the door in their cart but before he could ask them to get off, Sehun immediately handed the last two tickets that he bought.

"But sir, you've been here for more than an hour already..." the staff said.

"Yes. These are the last tickets. We'll step out after this round." Sehun said and asked the staff to lower his voice because Miyoung was sleeping when suddenly someone walked in their cart.

"Sehun?! I knew that voice sounded familiar!" Bora said as she peeked inside. "What are you doing here with Myong? Are you on a date?!"

"Noona... lower your voice. She's sleeping." he shushed her.

Bora handed her and her date's ticket to the staff. "Don't worry, we know them." she said.

Bora and her date sat on the other side of the cart and introduced her brother. "Sungyeol, that's Sehun, my brother and you know Miyoung. Sehun, this is Sungyeol." 

"Hello. Nice to meet you." said Sungyeol as Sehun greeted him back with a nod.

 

During the ride, Sungyeol would talk to Bora but most of the time, her focus was on the two in front of them. She watched Sehun take care of Miyoung and noticed something different in his eyes.

When Sehun caught her observing them, he widened his eyes and gestured that she should focus on her date instead.

Sehun Miyoung's cheeks gently to wake her up because their last ride was about to end. Miyoung opened her eyes slowly and lifted her head.

"Sorry I fell asleep." she said softly.

"It's okay we had a nice time." Bora said which surprised Miyoung, causing her to immediately sit properly.

Miyoung: What are you doing here? Is Hyo here too?

Bora: Hyo's somewhere around. So since you're awake now. What are you two doing here?

Miyoung: We're on a date *laughs* Kidding. Sehun took me here because I saw Kyungsoo with someone else then I fell asleep from cryin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter