[5]

The Checklist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bora hosted a movie night at their house a week before the school year starts again. Taeyong had just arrived with Wendy only to be bombarded with questions that were not about them but about someone else.

Bora: Where's Myong?

Taeyong: Oh, she's still in her room. She hasn't really come out of the house since last week...

Bora: I know she broke up with Jongin last week but... she needs this. Besides, it would be a while before we could all hangout again since I'd be leaving the day after tomorrow and Hyo and Myong would leave soon after to another university, along with Sehun and you guys would be left here. I want to spend my last few days here before I start my junior year in a far away place.

Hyoyeon: Yeah and I thought she was ready to move on. We were talking about it last time and now she wouldn't show her face. Something's up.

Hansol: Well, maybe something happened after you last talked and she changed her mind.

Bora: Pretty sure she didn't change her mind but even if she did, it's unlikely for her to lock herself in her room. If she wanted to move on, she'd always be out.

Taeyong: That's true.

 

Sehun tried so hard to act nonchalant listening to their conversation since he had an idea why Miyoung wouldn't get out of her room. Ever since that day, he would send her messages from time to time but she didn’t respond to any of them so he was sure that she's not into him like he's into her. But then again, he remembered that she kissed him back which complicates his judgment.

Hyoyeon: Alright fine, I'll go there and pick her up. I'll drag her even if I need to.

Bora: Okay, faster.

After a few minutes of shouting and a few blackmailing from outside Miyoung's bedroom, Hyoyeon managed to successfully bring her friend out of the house. Miyoung entered the living room to see the others who cheered at Hyoyeon for being successful. Sehun tried to meet her eyes a few times but she just looked away.

 

They were watching 'World War Z' and Seulgi would keep on clinging onto Sehun every time the scene gets suspense. He didn't really mind her getting close to him but he caught Hansol looking at them suspiciously one time. Hansol looked so serious but he just shrugged him off. After a while, he caught him looking again and mouthed, "What?!" Hansol pointed him and Seulgi and asked very discreetly if they are a couple. Sehun's eyes widened and whispered to him, "No stupid. I like someone else so chill and let me watch the movie in peace." Hansol let out a nervous chuckle. "Sorry."

 

After the movie ended, they spent some time discussing the story and the funny moments that happened while they watched. Usually during suspense movies, Tao was usually the victim since he gets scared easily. Hansol laughed as he reenacted some of Tao's reactions while watching. Tao nudged Taeyong who then shifted the topic to Wendy who screamed at one point.

"At least her scream woke up Myong who was sleeping!" Bora said while Hyoyeon laughed and too. Miyoung just let out a fake laugh. The truth was that she witnessed how Seulgi was clinging onto Sehun. She wasn't sure if it bothered her because of what happened with her and Sehun last time so she just closed her eyes. Nobody said anything after so Taeyong stood up.

Taeyong: I'll just walk Wendy to her house.

Hansol: Wait for me and Tao. We could all go together.

Bora: Myong, sleepover? *Miyoung instantly catches Sehun's eyes then looks away immediately*

Miyoung: I'll have to pass for now.

Bora: Hwang Miyoung! What's the matter with you? You're acting very strange. Did something happen?

Miyoung: NO. None okay. It's just I want to be by myself for a while you know, trying to find myself stuff. Okay? Please, just let me have this night to myself.

Hyoyeon: Fine, you could go. But you have to promise we'll have one last sleepover tomorrow.

Miyoung: Okay, okay. I promise.

Bora: Yeah and also, tomorrow we should be able to do that thing that we discussed the last time we met.

Miyoung: Okay okay, I know I owe a lot of time to the both of you, I promise I'll make it up to you. You could have me for the whole day tomorrow.

Bora: You better.

Hyoyeon: That's settled, I better go home and start to pack some of my stuff. Let's go Seulgi.

Seulgi: Okay unnie. Bye Bora unnie, Miyoung unnie, Sehunnie… good night. *giggles*

Sehun: Uhh bye...

 

The moment Hyoyeon and Seulgi went back to their house and Bora went inside her room, Sehun immediately chased Miyoung to her house. Before she could close the door, he was able to stop her and was successful in getting inside.

Miyoung: Sehun! What the... didn't you hear anything that I said back at your house? I wanted to be by myself.

Sehun: Noona, it's just... you were not replying to my messages and I was thinking...

Miyoung: Sehun! Don't. This is crazy. The fact that I have to keep it a secret to everyone. You didn't tell anyone, right?

Sehun: No. I couldn't tell and without your approval, I won't.

Miyoung: Good. This should just be between us okay?! It's hard to even face your sister after what happened. Can you just imagine?! You and me...

Sehun: Why? What's wrong with you and me?

Miyoung: You're like my younger brother, okay?! It's super weird!

Sehun: Noona, I know you feel it's unconventional but this... is not weird. Admit it.

Miyoung: It's weird Sehun.

Sehun: But... you kissed me back.

Miyoung: It was... IT WAS SURREAL, okay?! You caught me by surprise. I wasn't in the my right mind. I just brok--

Sehun cut her again with his lips. He wasn't so sure when did he became this bold but he wanted her to know that he missed her and also, he wanted her to realize that she also missed him and he doesn't want to waste anymore time. She's going back to the university and who knows what could happen.

Miyoung: OH SEHUN! What the hell, you have to stop cutting me with you--

(Another kiss)

Miyoung: I'm telling you, stop it now. Go hom--

(Another kiss but this time, she caved in.)

Their kiss was getting deeper and more intense until Sehun suddenly stopped and let her go. Miyoung was surprised and a bit disappointed when he did.

Miyoung: What?

Sehun: Someone's coming. *looks at the window* It's Taeyong!

 

Both of them panicked. For sure, Taeyong would ask questions like what Sehun was doing at their house with her at this time of the night and they didn't want that to happen. The first thing she thought was to ask Sehun to hide in her room for the meantime. “Faster!” she whispered. Sehun ran upstairs and went inside her room as instructed while she stayed downstairs acting like she just returned from the Bora's house.

Taeyong: Noona, are you okay?

Miyoung: O-of course, why would I not be?

Taeyong: Because you are always alone these days. I'm worried you'll have that problem again. You can talk to me, you know that right?

Miyoung: I know. Trust me, I'm better. I just want to spend time alone these days.

Taeyong: Alone not lonely?

Miyoung: Yes, yes... just alone. Sorry for worrying you... *hugs Taeyong* Are you... going to bed?

Taeyong: Hmm... school is coming right up so of course I'm going to play as much as I can here. *inserts game in the playstation*

Miyoung: Uhmm.. hehe alright... Don't stay up late okay?

Taeyong: Oh trust me, I will stay up late. *evil laughs*

Miyoung: *rolls her eyes and marched up to her room* Ughhh!

 

When Miyoung opened her door, she was surprised by Sehun grabbing her by her waist. She asked him to calm down and told him that they need to wait for Taeyong to sleep before they could successfully sneak him out of the house. Sehun pretends to be disappointed but in less than thirty seconds, he was determined to continue where they left off. He was moving his face closer to hers but then she avoided his lips. “Sehun...why are you doing this to me? Let's stop please.” she pleaded. 

 

Sehun held her cheeks and stared at her eyes. “Noona, I like you so much. You have no idea how much it hurts me every time I see you with someone else. And how much it hurts me even more every time I see you heartbroken over someone who's not worthy. Some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter