O8.

Braving The Wild

recommended song for this chapter; Give Love by Akdong Musician

 

A cold Friday morning, Mark woke up alone. Most probably, there were no warm arms wrapped around his body, no hot air lingering on his temple and clearly there’s no trace of Park Jinyoung beside him. Before he could jump into some inappropriate conclusions, he recalled the younger’s words despite of his half sleeping brain. Jinyoung left an hour earlier than he should mainly because of school matters. He’s a part of a school organization and all the members are required to participate in their school fair which is today. It is really a hard to be a Park Jinyoung. Indeed.

The elder did his usual thing; rolling himself in the sheets while burying his face into the brunette’s pillow. He stayed like that for minutes, allowing the scent to immerse in his senses. It didn’t take too long for some strange thoughts to enter his mind. Now that he’s sure about his feelings for the other, what should he do next? Confessing doesn’t even sound good at this point but that’s the only thing that could make him feel light inside. His thoughts and feels were still tightly bottled inside him; that actually makes him helpless. There were times when he really wanted to claim Jinyoung as his, but then again he has no right to do it, no courage as well.

He mentally punched himself for being a coward. After all, Jinyoung likes Jaebum. He thought. It was really early to feel this tired but just thinking about the whole concept of liking someone consumed all of his energy right away. Suddenly, the alarm clock rung; Mark extended his arm and reached for the button to shut it up and he succeeded. Just after knocking the sound off, another tune chimed; his phone. He lazily roamed his hand beside his pillow and grabbed his phone.  Slowly, he tried to read the words written on it. It took him approximately around 4 seconds and 5 rings to finally recognize the whole screen scene. His eyes shimmered despite of the sleepiness tingling on it. Jinyoung’s calling.  Jinyoung woke the sleeping butterflies in my stomach. 

 

Mark pressed the answer button. “Nyong…” he greeted as he buried his face back to Jinyoung’s scented pillow. On the other line, the younger just smiled. The brunette noticed how Mark would call him ‘Nyong’ every morning, not to mention his deep, y voice.  “Good Morning, Markie!” he replied. The red-haired totally loves the way Jinyoung calls him ‘Markie.’ Yes, it sounded too girly or sweet but it’s from Park Jinyoung, so no restrictions.  “Morning baby…”

Jinyoung laughed on the other line as he started to pile the papers that’ll be used for the school activity later that day. “What’s so funny?” the elder questioned. At that point, Jinyoung realized that Mark isn’t really in his senses yet; knowing that he’s still quite unconscious about his words. But sometimes, the things that we say accidentally were the things that we can’t really say.  “You just called me ‘baby’.” He answered in a cute voice.

 

Wait. What? Mark said to himself. He immediately blushed as he tried to come up with a better excuse but his brain wasn’t too cooperative at that point. So ended up mumbling a couple of incoherent and mashed-up words. “Anyway, I just called to wake you up. See you later!” Jinyoung teasingly added. Mark could feel the smile on Jinyoung’s lips. The fact that he wasn’t even able to protest and defend himself made him feel so dumb. What if Jinyoung took it seriously?  “Oh…Okay. See you.” Good thing he can still come up with simple phrases.

Jinyoung grinned; loving how Mark was trying to deal with the situation. “Bye bye, Jinyoung!” Mark answered, his voice still trembling and somehow sounded like his in a hurry. He just needed to end this phone call urgently so he can slap himself for being too obvious with his feelings for the younger. But nobody knew how Jinyoung plays with it.

“Bye, baby!”

And he ended the call.

 

Park Jinyoung, you’re going to be the cause of my death. I swear.

 

 

 

 

“Hey there, lover boy!” A voice echoed. Mark turned around and saw Jackson. The Hong Kong native smirked and rushed towards Mark. The elder was looking down from the rooftop; he was mainly looking at Jinyoung who was busy at the school fair in their school grounds. For today, there’s no Jaebum in sight and it’s a huge relief for him. Youngjae and Jinyoung were together but as said before, Youngjae is like a younger brother to them. “He looks so perfect standing there…” Jackson pointed to Jinyoung before he sang a line of a song that he heard from the radio that morning. He draped an arm around Mark as he joined the other in looking down. Jackson was looking at the Thai guy, Bambam, who was with Yugyeom.

Mark moved a little bit away from the other. He eyed Jackson, worried. “I have a problem, dude. Help me!” he begged, sitting on a small pavement. The other pulled two cans of soda from his backpack and handed one to the elder. Jackson sat beside him. “Dude, I feel so helpless.” Mark whispered, making an audible gulp. Out of all the people that he knew, only Jackson knows that he’s currently losing his sanity for Jinyoung. “Jinyoung?” Jackson intrigued and Mark replied with a weak nod. It’s too obvious, though. Jackson hasn’t seen Mark like this for the past 4 years. And with that, he really wanted to thank Jinyoung for he’s starting to change every single atom of Mark.

 

Jackson got anxious. “What about him?”

“I…I don’t know what to do! I like him and you know that. I just…I feel so bad for myself. I can’t do anything to tell him how much he means to me.” the red-haired muttered, staring at the dried paint stains on the concrete floor. It pains him a lot, considering that Jinyoung’s heart belongs to someone else that’s definitely not him. The younger patted his back. “Tell him!” he shouted confidently before taking another gulp.

Mark rolled his eyes. “I…I can’t! He might hate me and besides, he’d rather hear a confession from Jaebum.”

 

“There’s no harm in trying. And how sure are you that he likes Jaebum?”

The last sentence deeply sunk in the elder’s brain. Jackson was right. Jinyoung never admitted that he liked Jaebum but no, his actions speak for everything. Mark was back to his deep thoughts. “He doesn’t cuddle Jaebum to sleep.” Jackson added to cheer the other. Effectively, Mark’s face sparked up and curved a little beam. “Go ask him.” Jackson advised.

“I’m scared.” Mark responded firmly. The younger stood up upon hearing the school bell, signalling for his next class. “No longer my problem. Bye!” he said as he took few steps away from the other. Soon, it was back to Mark alone. The rooftop became his escape for times like this. For a minute, he tried to animate the words that his pal recommended. Then suddenly his phone rang. He pulled it from his pocket and answered the call without even looking at the screen. “Hello?”

 

“Markie! Have you eaten?” And it was Jinyoung. Mark glanced at his wrist watch. It was already his lunch time and he’s going to eat alone. The younger would probably eat with his Org.mates. Mark sulked. “Nope. Not yet.” He answered. The thought of him eating alone like a loner breaks his heart. He’s used to have Jinyoung with him every lunch as they share their same old stories.

“Go eat! Don’t skip your meals. I’ll see you at the dorm!”

“Jinyoung…” Mark mouthed with a dash of sorrow in his voice.

Jinyoung hummed in reply.

“Eat well.”

“I will. You too.”

And the younger ended the call.

 

And after that call, Mark Tuan just can’t wait for dismissal.

 

 

 

 

The elder went home alone. He wanted to prepare something for Jinyoung; more like food and some other stuff to lessen the stress inside him. He hopped of the cab and went inside their dorm. He was shocked when he saw Jinyoung’s bag on the couch. Mark rushed towards their shared room and saw a sleeping Jinyoung sprawled across their bed. He’s still in his school uniform and his sneakers were still on. He’s really tired. Mark thought as he removed the younger’s shoes. He tucked Jinyoung under the sheets as he went back to the kitchen and busied himself into something that isn’t his forte. 

 

After 2 hours, Jinyoung woke up as his stomach started to grumble. He stood up and changed his clothes. He instantly left the room and proceeded to the kitchen where Mark was standing. Jinyoung was behind the other, eyeing every curve of his body; how every curve fits perfectly with his. He noticed a pack of ramen, knowing that Mark was cooking. Is this real? He’s cooking?! He asked himself, controlling his laugh. Suddenly, Mark turned around, meeting Jinyoung’s seducing gaze. Damn it, Jinyoung. Mark mentally swore.

 

“What are you doing?” Jinyoung asked.

“I cooked a ramen for dinner. I know you’re not yet eating, so here.”

The next events were swift. The two were already in the table and munching into Mark’s masterpiece. They remained quiet. Mark was too bothered to talk. Yes, it’s still because of what Jackson said. He doesn’t even know if it is right to ask Jinyoung about his feelings for Jaebum because that’ll surely hurt him. But then, he can no longer contain this. He took a very deep inhale. “Can I ask you something, Jinyoung?” he blurted out, puzzled.

“Sure!” Jinyoung said with a smile on his face. Mark gathered all the remaining courage inside his physique. This is it. “You and Jaebum….Do you…I mean… Are you…Uhmmm…Jaebum is…” But before completing a meaningful statement, Jinyoung rose from his seat and looked for a thing in the refrigerator. Mark’s heart raged badly. He knew that this is going to happen. Another wasted opportunity plus Jinyoung would think that he’s being weird. 

 

Jinyoung trudged back to the table. “Jaebum and I are best friends. We’re just best friends. I don’t like him. For the 3rd time, we’re just best friends. I hope that answered all your unclear questions.” He replied with a chuckle. Mark bowed, having the urge to bury his face on the ramen bowl due to embarrassment. He’s blushing badly. Again, he’s being too obvious. But he’s really happy. He can even eat the bowl itself just because of happiness. Finally, it’s confirmed. Jaebum is just a friend; a best friend.

 

Sooner, the buddies groomed for sleep. Mark went inside their room as Jinyoung took a bath. The elder stood right in front of the mirror and admired how red he was with his blushing cheeks and his red hair. An apple.  He took a deep breath before flashing a wide grin as flashbacks of Jinyoung’s words run through his memory. Mark looked at the mirror. Maybe he should start practicing his confession lines.

Park Jinyoung, you’re my sun. You’re my stars…. No. this is ridiculous.”  He said. And he tried again.

“Jinyoung, are you a driver? Cause you’re driving me crazy! Nah. So cheesy. Gross.”

 

And after minutes of non-stop practicing or mainly, taking to the mirror like a retard he finally got tired. He closed his eyes and promised that when he opened those, the first thing that will enter his mind would be the words that he would say. In less than 10 seconds, he slowly opened his eyes and his mouth uttered some words as well; the words that are perfectly made for him to say.

 

“Jinyoung, I kinda like you… I mean, I like you… No! I like you…a lot. ”

 

“Mark?” The elder froze, realizing that he didn't lock the door. His limbs got numb and somehow he wished that the ground can just swallow him right at that moment. This is just embarrassing! Jinyoung entered the room while rubbing his wet hair with his towel. The younger made his way towards Mark. Now, he’s no longer Mark Tuan, he’s Mark.jpg because he’s not moving. Jinyoung held his shoulders and turned him around.

“I…I said…I like jogging a lot. You know…jogging. Yeah.”

Jinyoung laughed. “What are you talking about?” he asked.

 

Mark’s frozen body loosen up and escaped from the younger’s hold. “You heard something?” The brunette shook his head. Oh praise the heavens. Mark said to himself. “Okay! Let’s sleep. I know you’re tired.” He said as he pulled Jinyoung towards their bed. The younger complied and beamed as their fingers intertwined.  Mark placed his head on Jinyoung’s arm as usual and wrapped his arms around the other’s body. Jinyoung also did the same. Cuddling can vanish all the stress that he’s feeling right now.

Hours passed. Jinyoung unexpectedly woke up and stared at Mark who was peacefully sleeping on his arm, as always. Mark was faultless.  Everything about him in perfect. Jinyoung likes this; having Mark really close to him. The feeling was indescribable. The younger planted a kiss on the elder’s forehead, then on the tip of his nose and finally, kissing the right corner of his lips; a thing that he really wanted to do a few days ago.

 

“I like you too, Mark. I like you…a lot.”

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Heyyyyyy guyssssssss! Due to insistent public demand…..TADAAAAAAAH! Kissing parts! YEY! Hahahahaha;; Affectionate Jinyoung  is just …….OMFG I CRI A HAN RIVER. Hahahahahaha. I enjoyed writing this one tho. I hope y’all enjoyed it too. Hahahaha. I might start another JinMark fic this coming week so please anticipate hahahaha :D Anyway, feel free to leave all your questions, concerns and inquiries :---) I will do my best to answer them ♥☺ for the nth time, thank you for all the feedbacks! I really appreciate all of it! Y’all are precious to me!! (*w*)/ ♥ that’s all for now! Thank you so muchhhh ♥ Enjoy your weekend guys! Stay safe! Love y’all ♥♥♥