1O.

Braving The Wild

warning; kinda long chapter & might contain a lot of typos sorry :c

 

Their college admission exams are approaching. All of a sudden, the carefree seniors of their university got really bugged by the mere fact that sooner or later, they’re all about to face a new phase of their lives. It was quite surprising that most of them are still in trouble about the courses that they should take. It’s a decision that will surely change everything, so better be sure than sorry.

Jinyoung was quietly scribbling a couple of notes regarding electromagnetism. Their Physics class ended a few minutes earlier than the usual and most of them were just waiting for the school bell to ring; the sound of freedom. Their room was tranquil as always despite of some who decided to chat with their seatmates. The brunette stayed focused on his work, hiding the excitement of seeing Mark after a long and tiring day.

 

It didn’t take too long for the most awaited sound to be heard. Jinyoung arranged his things while simultaneously bidding goodbye to his classmates that are leaving the room one by one. The room was now empty and he decided that it’s about time to leave the place as well to finally reunite with his buddy at the other building.

But as he reached the door, he immediately saw the man that he was about to look for. Mark was standing at the corridor and breathing heavily; as if he played basketball for 5 hours straight. “Hi Jinyoung!” he managed to say with a tired tone. The younger made a sweet beam and walked towards the other.

He noticed how charismatic Mark was when he’s covered with sweat and not to mention, panting badly.  He took his handkerchief out of his pocket and wiped off some of the salty substance on the other’s face. Mark blushed. “Are you in a hurry?” Jinyoung questioned, still dabbing the other’s sweat. Mark shook his head as he tried to hide the tint of his cheeks.

“I just can’t wait to see you.” He shyly admitted which made Jinyoung chuckle. Deep inside, the statement disturbed all the calm butterflies in his stomach. For the past days, Mark couldn’t get any obvious about his feelings for the other. It was since Jaebum won the basketball game that Mark thought of slowly showing his good intentions for the other because at the ended, Jinyoung can still fall for his best friend and Mark will never ever want that to happen.

 

Jinyoung draped an arm on Mark’s shoulder as they walked down the building. It was normal and the elder would always say to himself that Jinyoung’s arm provides some kind of comfort and protection that no one in this world can give. They passed through the school gym and saw Jaebum together with Mark’s friends.

“Hey guys!” Jinyoung greeted, arm never leaving Mark’s shoulder. The boys smiled and greeted back. “It was a pleasure playing with the basketball team captain.” Yugyeom blurted out, carrying his own bag off the bench. All of them shared the same laughter except the eldest. As Jaebum looked at Jinyoung, Mark couldn’t help himself to keep his buddy away from the other’s gaze. He grabbed Jinyoung by his waist and curled his fingers on his hips.

The sudden silence fired the tension between the two. “Jinyoung-ah! Maybe we should buy some books today, like what we usually do before!” Jaebum spoke as the remaining boys left the area, saying that they still have to clean the other rooms. Now it was just the three of them. The brunette smiled. “That sounds great! But--”

“But he needs to finish some stuff for his admission exams so bye.” Mark continued, pulling Jinyoung away. Yes, it was rude and he’s aware because sooner, his buddy might scold at him for doing it. Nonetheless, it was the right thing to do; at least for Mark.

 

They already reached the bus when Jinyoung talked for the first time after leaving his best friend alone in the gym. “Mark…” he mumbled as the other averted his gaze from the ground, hating himself for the fact that Jinyoung could be mad at him. He stared at the brunette’s eyes.  “I’m sorry, Jinyoungie.” He whispered, resting his head on the younger’s shoulder.

“Huh? It’s okay. You’re right, Mark. I have to finish some matters for my exams tomorrow. You know me very well.” He giggled. At that point, Mark couldn’t get any prouder of himself. He was more that thankful to hear those words from Jinyoung. After all, he still did the right thing.

 

 

 

 

The most awaited yet feared day came. All of the students lined up in front of their respective rooms. This day, Jinyoung and Mark decided to take the exams on the same room. But still, some things remained different.

Mark hated the fact that Jinyoung is too brainy. It’s too odd, but their abilities somehow made a wall between them. The red-haired never liked studying or anything that’s related to it. His life was really messy; messier than his locker. He doesn’t even know what course should he take, where to study where to work. Clearly, no concrete plans at all. He’s a total opposite of Park Jinyoung.

 

The younger felt a huge thump on his heart as the papers got distributed. Mark was sitting on the last row while he was at the first. For now, he needs to pour all his attention on the exam. It is really hard to be Jinyoung. He dreams of giving his family the life that they surely deserve despite of their simple living. His parents work in the fish port; obviously, their income will never be enough. That’s the reason why he strives hard.

 

 

Mark finished his test, handing the booklet to the proctor. It was rather unbelievable that he decided to apply for an architectural course. Well, he can draw but the real deal was he’s sure that Jinyoung will be ticking an engineering course. Mark believed that architecture and engineering goes well together.  He gazed at Jinyoung who was concentrating on his work. “Ma’am.” Mark asked the proctor.

“Yes, Mr. Tuan?”

“Can I say here for a while?”

And the teacher nodded. It was optional to stay after taking the exams. Most of the students would leave already so they can go home early as well. But Mark needs to look after Jinyoung. He went back to his seat and patiently waited for Jinyoung.

 

After few minutes, the brunette passed his booklet. But unexpectedly, he asked for another booklet from a different university. It was a rare chance that a student would take two entrance exams at the same time. It’s mind blowing. After the last booklet, the younger finally grabbed his bag and walked towards the now sleeping Mark at the back.

He patted his back as the red haired slowly opened his eyes. They left the room and decided to stay at the school grounds for a short while before heading home. Jinyoung lay on the green grass and Mark followed. “I can’t wait for the results.” He chimed with a small beam on his lips. The elder glanced at him. “What are the schools that you chose?”

The younger sighed. “Harvard, Stanford and NYU.”

 

The reality hit Mark like a blazing boomerang. Jinyoung’s options were not even included in his choices. Those were schools for smart people and his buddy surely fits for it but , how can he live knowing that Jinyoung would be far from him? It may sound embarrassing, but he settled for a popular college that’s only known for its high class facilities and not for the top-notch education system.

Another fact jumbled his brain. Jaebum also filed an application for Harvard. The utter truth that the raven-haired has almost the same IQ as his buddy made him feel stupid. What if they go to the same college together? He thought. Precipitously, the younger sat up and broke the silence.

 

“What’s your course?” he intrigued, looking for his bottle of cold water.

“Architecture is my first choice. Interior Design is my second. You?” Mark replied.

Jinyoung took a gulp. “First choice, Industrial Engineering. Second, Industrial Pharmacy.”

Shoot. He took engineering! Mark said to himself. It gave him a little comfort though. At least, his instincts were right. He breathed out and sat up too. “What did Jaebum chose?” He furiously asked. The younger paused for a couple of minutes as he tried to recall. “Accountancy or Sports Science. But I heard he also likes Molecular Biology & Biotechnology. I’ll ask him later.” He proposed.

“N-No need! No need to ask him. It’s okay.”

 

And Jinyoung nodded as he finally advised that they should go home already so they can rest. Mark agreed. How can Jaebum be that smart? 

 

 

 

 

Two days passed. Jackson asked the whole gang to drop by their resort and spend the 2 days there since they don’t have Friday classes. Gladly, everyone agreed to come. Jinyoung and Mark insisted that Youngjae should join regardless of his busy schedule as a student council member. The sophomore approved and Mark felt that their whole team was now complete; Jackson,Yugyeom, Bambam, Youngjae, Him and his Jinyoung. But all the excitement got toned down when Yugyeom announced that Jaebum would come too. The red-haired can see the enthusiasm in Jinyoung’s eyes and that is not good.

 

They all decided to meet at Jinyoung’s dorm around 4:00PM. The buddies looked for their travel bags and begun packing their things. The elder took some pair of decent sweatpants and some shirts. He also packed some snapbacks. Jinyoung did the same; pyjamas and shirts. After a couple of hours, the whole crew came in one by one. Jackson arrived with Yugyeom and Bambam. Later, Jaebum reached their dorm too. They’ve decided that they will just pick Youngjae up at his dorm.

The van was now filled with them. As usual, the trio of Jackson, Gyeom and Bam occupied the first row. Jaebum sat at the passenger seat. Mark and Jinyoung settled at the back. The brunette insisted that Mark should sit beside the window, so Jinyoung will be trapped between him and Youngjae. Mark agreed. It didn’t take too long for Youngjae to be with them.

 

It was somehow far from the city. As Jackson says, it was a resort owned by his family for business purposes. They drove for 3 hours. It was faster considering that they took a shortcut rather than hitting the main roads and bumping up against the traffic. Youngjae fell asleep on Jinyoung’s shoulder and sooner, Mark did the same on the other shoulder. Jinyoung never bothered. It feels really good to have these two precious creatures beside him.

 

“We’re here!” Jackson shouted, waking up the sleeping guys.

They all hopped off the van with their bags on as they trudged towards the lobby. The buddies never leave each other’s side. The lights were really bright and the place looks really elegant. For people like Jackson, Bam, Yugyeom and Mark; is place is more than normal. Simply because they’re rich. But for the other three, the whole place seemed like a palace.

Youngjae’s jaw dropped. “Jackson hyung, is this a mall?”

Jackson giggled and shook his head. “No! This is our resort. Come on guys, I’ll show you the rooms.”

 

It’s not surprising that everyone decided to request for their own room except for Mark. It took him a lot of courage to convince Jinyoung that they should sleep in the same room, in the same bed. The younger will never say no. At the end, the crew handed them similar keys. Jackson ordered the gang to proceed to their rooms and rest so they can have a pool party after dinner.

Jinyoung dragged his bags upstairs. Room 405; at the 3rd floor and the last room. A small door welcomed them as Mark plunged the key into the knob. As soon as the door moved, they realized that it was really fit for luxury! It was clean, good for a single person and more than they expected. Satisfied, the boys urgently placed their bags and clothes onto the cabinets. There’s a single bed on the middle and Jinyoung lied there for a while as they inhaled another scheme of air, a breeze that’s way too far from what he’s used to. Mark followed and rested beside him.

 

The pool party started at 9:00PM. Jinyoung wore a white shirt and a pair of beach shorts. Mark chose a black tank top, comfy shorts and a snapback. “You look good, Markie!” Jinyoung suddenly said as he locks the door. The elder laughed and held his hand as they trudged down to the pool area. “You look hot, Nyong.” He deeply said, making the other blush.

“Stop it, Tuan!” And they chuckled.

 

It was too obvious that Jackson organized the party. There are many kinds of alcoholic beverages on the tables and random foods too. It was just the 7 of them there. The party started as the blasting music begun playing. It was Jackson who dived into the pool first, followed by the others. Jinyoung sat on a reclining chair as he looked at the place. It was really nice and relaxing. “Jinyoung! Join us!” Jackson called.

Jinyoung just nodded. Mark was about to slip out of the pool when all of a sudden, Jaebum appeared from nowhere and grabbed the younger on his hips. “Let’s go, Jinyoung!” he ordered. And that’s the time when Mark got really anxious. The party lasted longer. They sang, they played games, the joked around. The fun was above words. All the stress that the seniors got from the exams faded away. The juniors, Yugyeom and Bambam, forgot about their baby thesis issues. Lastly, Youngjae frees himself from the worries of being the student council member.

 

A pool party will never be complete without an off the pool drinking session. Jinyoung, being a motherly figure he is, ordered the 3 younger kids not to drink any of the alcoholic drinks. Half-heartedly, they agreed. The youngest get 2 bottles of soda so they can still have something to quench their thirst. Jaebum arrived with different bottles of liquor. Mark followed with 7 glasses.

The raven-haired sat beside Jinyoung and Mark just watched in surprise. It caught him off-guard. Now, he can’t just push Jaebum away from his buddy because everyone might think that there’s a conflict between them.  He noticed an empty spot on the other side of the brunette but when he’s about to settle there, Youngjae rapidly moved, claiming the area beside his favourite hyung. Well, he can never push Youngjae off Jinyoung.

He ended up sitting beside Jackson. “Let’s play a game!” Yungyeom said and everyone agreed. “Spin the bottle! Truth or dare. Okay?” Bambam added and everyone agreed. The game started and mainly everyone had fun. They even started drinking some shots which made Jinyoung feel a bit dizzy since he’s not a drinker after all. Mark can say that Jaebum’s crossing the line already. He’s getting to intimate with Jinyoung and it was more than sickening.

 

The first bottle of vodka was now down. The basketball captain excused himself, saying that he’ll get a new one from the bar.  The red-haired followed him immediately. The sudden confrontation happened at the bar area. Mark furiously gripped on the other’s toned arm. “Keep your filthy hands off Jinyoung.” He warned, angrily.

Jaebum laughed sarcastically before swatting the hand away. “I’m just getting my reward! I won the match, right?” and he left the other, dumbfounded.

 

The party went on. Mark controlled himself from doing something displeasing. He can see how Jaebum touch Jinyoung, knowing that the younger will never bother because he’s just friendly and affectionate. They bottle suddenly landed right in front of Jackson. “Hyung! Truth or dare?” Bambam asked.

“Dare!” He replied.

Jaebum interrupted after taking a shot of tequila. “Kiss Mark.”

 

The room echoed with cheers. It was all that Jinyoung needed too finally pull away from Jaebum’s suffocating hold. He watched Mark who was look at him too. Their gazes spoke for everything. It kills the brunette deep down. He likes Mark and he’ll truly be in pain if the dare will happen. Yes, it’s just a game but as kiss is a kiss. It’s too much.

Good thing, Jackson noticed the exchanging stares. “Can I just kiss you, Bam?” He smirked looking at the Thai boy. Bambam can never decline. And Jackson Wang saved the day.

 

But not until the bottle stopped at Jaebum after the next turn.

“Kiss the man beside you.” Jackson ordered, giving back the favor. No, it’s not that he wants Jaebum to kiss Jinyoung because he knows that Mark will surely hate him for that. The other man beside Jaebum was Yugyeom. Few days ago, Yuygeom confirmed that he’s really a huge fan of Jaebum due to his basketball skills.

Mark took a shot of vodka as his heart pumped badly. What if he kisses Jinyoung? The whole thing ended quickly when Jaebum leaned on his side and attached his soft lips against Jinyoung’s. It was too fast and sudden that Mark wasn’t able to do anything to stop it. Jinyoung seemed surprised as well but he didn’t react.

 

The red-haired was like stabbed by all the pointed objects in this world as he watched how Jaebum claimed Jinyoung’s lips in an instant. He wanted to punch the hell out of Jaebum but he was too broke to do it. Jackson and Yugyeom looked at each other, worried. They are the real JinMark shippers in the group and seeing Mark falling into pieces breaks them too.

The kiss ended after 3 seconds. Jinyoung looked really pale and his eyes were focused on Mark. He didn’t close his eyes during the kiss, which means no feelings are implied. Jaebum looked really happy as the other started to shout and giggle. Jinyoung knew that it was hurting Mark’s feelings and he’s near to having a breakdown. Hence, Youngjae spoke. “It was just at the side of Jinyoung hyung’s lips!” And with that, the red-haired felt a huge comfort in his heart. He remained contained as the game ended.

 

The party came into an end and all of the elders, except Jinyoung, ended up wasted.  The youngers are too tired and sleepy so Jinyoung asked them to go to their respective rooms and sleep. Mark and Jinyoung never talked after the kissing incident. It’s just an automatic deed to send their drunk friends to their rooms first. The red-haired helped Jackson to stand up as they walked towards his room; Jinyoung did the same to Jaebum.

 

 

“Dude, that was close!” Jackson hissed, still under the influence of alcohol. He was pertaining to Jaebum and Jinyoung’s kiss.

Mark exhaled heavily as they walked. “And why in the world did you ask that to kiss Jinyoung?”

“I’m not yet done with my sentence! I was about to say that he should kiss Gyeomie! But he was too aggressive!” Jackson replied. “At least it’s just at the corner of Jinyoung’s lips.”

Mark pushed the door of Jackson’s room and tossed the limping body there. As a good friend, he decided to just remove the other’s shoes and pull the blanket over his body. He was about to leave the room when the Hong Kong native left his last words before sleeping. “Jaebum’s drunk. Go and check Jinyoung. I repeat, Im Jaebum is drunk.”

 

 

Jinyoung twisted the knob of Jaebum’s room. His best friend was too torn that he can no longer stand properly. They walked in and as Jinyoung neared the bed, Jaebum topples on top of him. The entire scene was awkward. Jaebum was comfortably pressing his body against Jinyoung and the younger was too shocked that he doesn’t even know what to do.

His body was trapped underneath Jaebum’s. Jinyoung snapped and started pushing the other. “Jae… I’ll go now.” He nervously said. But the raven-haired was too heavy. “Stay. Stay. Stay.” He mumbled against the brunette’s ear, making him shudder. This is creepy. He thought. “I can’t. I need to sleep, Jae-ah!” Jaebum was at the verge of letting him go when a creak from the door was heard.

 

Mark was glaring at the two while crying his heart out. He felt like the entire world betrayed him. His heart broke into fragments realizing that maybe, Jinyoung really likes Jaebum. The elder trembled badly as his tongue seemed to harden. It was a heart breaking act. Mark run away as fast as he could with a heavy heart.

 

“Mark!” Jinyoung yelled, pushing Jaebum harshly and following the other.

 

I need to find him! I need to find him! Jinyoung muttered to himself as he searched every nook of the hallway. He hated himself for making Mark feel that way. He loves Mark and the other feels the same way. It was more than surreal if Mark would act normally after all that happened that night.  He just can’t imagine the pain that Mark was feeling at that point. It breaks him too.

 

He finally reached their room and as he opened the door, he saw Mark sitting on a far corner while crying. His sobs are worse compared to how he cried when he got into a fight with his dad. It intensified Jinyoung’s guilt. The other’s fists were balled and his face was wet with a mixture of salty tears and sweat. The younger gathered all the courage and walked towards the elder and pulled him up, trapping him against the wall.

 

For the first time, their lips finally met. It was a long yet sweet and caring kiss. Mark clutched onto Jinyoung’s hips as Jinyoung caressed Mark’s cheeks. The younger’s lips were tender and it really felt good with Mark’s. They kissed as if they’re their lives depend on each other’s touch.

The brunette pulled out. Their foreheads still together as the tips of their noses hit. They both gasped for air. But it wasn’t too long. Jinyoung pulled Mark for another kiss. This time, it was desperate and passionate. Their lips messily connected and their hands become more violent.

Jinyoung never cared at all. All he wants right now is to let Mark know that he loves him so much.  

Mark’s mind went blank. The only thing that runs into it was Jinyoung and the kiss. His hands gripped tighter on the younger’s hip as they both savor the taste of their lips in a very passionate way. The brunette would intensify the kiss at some point; a thing that no one imagined he could do. He’s a damn good kisser.

 

No words were made after the kiss. They just beamed and hugged like it’s their last time to do it. Sleepiness struck the two so they lay on the bed. Jinyoung tucked them under the sheets. Despite of the loving kiss, there was still something bothering Mark’s mind. He glanced at the other and held his hand. “Nyong… Are we official now?”  He questioned as Jinyoung giggled and pulled him closer.

“Yup. We’re no longer single.”

Mark chuckled nuzzling onto Jinyoung’s chest. “I love you, Nyong.”

“I love you too, cry-baby.”

 

 

Finally.

 

 

a/n: hello guys!!!! hihihihihi idk anymore my jinmark feels are getting asdfghjklakjdkjshdgfshh!! Hahahahahahahahhahaha. anyway, thanks for the possitive feedbacks and for always anticipating the coming chapters ;) Hahahahahaha. I wasnt able to choose a perfect song for this chap lol its all up to you guys :D And regarding their courses, yep, a frustrated industrial engineering & interior design student here ;;; lol hahahahaha this chap is kinda long, sorry. ;a; so yeah :) feel free to leave your insights ☺ Stay safe! love y'all!! ♥