O6.

Braving The Wild

♥ recommended song for this chapter; Falling For You - Colbie Caillat 

 

It’s been a week since Mark and Jinyoung signed the ‘Buddy System Contract’. Fortunately, everything’s going smooth. It was a Monday afternoon when almost all of the teachers seemed to be on fire. Truckloads of assignments and quizzes are given; another reason to hate Mondays. In addition, the weather was quite uncanny.

Mark was sitting on the chair next to the window; his sight was glued on the other building mainly because Jinyoung’s room was located there. He was no longer listening to his teacher and he’s definitely fine with it. History is a subject that the young man never enjoyed; he hates memorizing names, dates and places. It’s plainly boring.

 

The raindrops started to reach the glass window. He glanced at his wristwatch and noticed the time left for him to sit in this uninteresting class. For the whole day, Jinyoung was running in his mind. Everything about Jinyoung is amazing, according to Mark. He’s eyes were back at staring at the other building as the unforgettable events of their first week flashed back. He closed his eyes as he reminisced every second of it. But what really gave him chills were the times that they cuddled to sleep, the slow dance at the dorm and the endless hugs from Jinyoung. It felt like his touch was engraved on Mark’s skin and he can’t get rid of the fuzzy sensation.

The bell rang as Mark opened his eyes before making a small, satisfied beam. This is it. Despite of the rain, he has to make it to the other building and pick Jinyoung up. He rapidly pilled his books and threw them all inside his bag. In less than a minute, Mark arrived at the other block; partially wet from the heavy rain. He climbed up the 3rd floor and rushed towards his buddy’s room. As soon as he reached his destination, an unlocked door greeted him. He peeked carefully, noticing that the room was already empty. The sight made Mark’s heart sank. Why now?  He asked himself. He really wanted to surprise the other, in return for Jinyoung’s never ending concern but there was no one left in there; not even a shadow of him.

 

“Looking for me?” A pain of warm arms from Mark’s back pulled him into a hug. Based on his smell, his warmth and his voice; most probably it’s Jinyoung. The elder felt a huge amount of blood creeping up his cheeks and painting it red. The hue definitely darkens when Jinyoung pressed his chin on Mark’s broad shoulder. At that moment, he could feel the brunette’s heartbeat from his back, the other’s breath on his neck and the sluggish swaying motions that Jinyoung was doing.

They stayed like that for minutes as they both watched the raindrops land on the window. It didn’t take too long for Mark to get used with the feeling of having Jiyoung behind him. For the nth time, he wished that the moment would never end. He lifted his shaking hands and placed them on top of Jinyoung’s. Unintentionally, Mark leaned his head against the other, making everything a little bit passionate. It was so calming, considering that both of them were really stressed.

“H-Happy weeksary?” Mark mumbled as he tried to face Jinyoung. Their lips were about to meet and Jinyoung didn’t bother. They stared right into each other’s eyes, as if their lives depend on their loving gazes. Suddenly, the younger made a low chuckle. “Week-sary it is.” And they both chuckled.

Jinyoung pulled himself away from the other and Mark must admit, he was somehow saddened at the loss of contact. The younger made his way in front of the red-haired. “Maybe we should celebrate.” Jinyoung suggested as he watched how Mark’s face blushed beautifully, again. All the other could do was nod and the next thing that he noticed was Jinyoung’s fingers perfectly filing the spaces on his hand.

 

The younger had a bad day. He failed a quiz in Trigonometry, his favourite subject. He was tightly holding Mark’s hand while trying to find any comfort within it, luckily he felt some. Mark’s hands are always warm and moist. At the current moment, Jinyoung needs a safe haven. He has to get rid of the negativities he got the whole day. Good thing, Mark was there.  Effortlessly, Mark made him happy.

They left the university with their hands clasped together. The younger was leading so he would always pull Mark’s hand and made the boy walk beside him.  Jinyoung seemed really calm and it made Mark wonder why. Is it because he’s used to hold other people’s hands? Well, maybe that’s it. “Let’s go on a café! My treat.” Mark blurted out to clear the rising awkwardness. Jinyoung nodded. They’re under one umbrella and although their shoulders were getting wet, they must admit that both of them were really happy.

 

This time, Mark dragged him inside a vintage inspired coffee shop. They settled on the table near the window as they wiped their bodies dry. Mark never imagined that Jinyoung looked very alluring when he’s drizzled with rain. Jinyoung moved closer to Mark and smeared the water out of the elder’s face. Same; Jinyoung realized the glow on Mark’s face. The younger beamed and sat back down. “I suppose you’re not going to stand there until tonight?” he giggled and Mark, puzzled, sat on the chair in front 

“Are you okay?” Mark asked, passing a tissue to the other. Jinyoung nodded and used the tissue to wipe off the remaining wet patches on his forearm. “What do you want to eat?” Mark asked, reaching for his wallet inside his backpack. “Vanilla Latte and a waffle. Thank you!” he said with an extra dash of cuteness in his voice. The elder stood up and nodded. He slowly trudged away from their area and proceeded on the counter.

 

Jinyoung stared at outside. Busy people with big, colourful umbrellas walk from side to side, just like him; they seemed to be worn out too. A bad way to start a week. He was at least thankful to have Mark with him today. They elder’s company lifted a bit of his sorrow. Today is not my day. He mumbled and made a subtle grin.  “Here it is.” Mark came back from the counter with a tray on hand.

Mark placed the contents on the table as they both munched. Mark ordered a caramel frappe and a doughnut for himself. Between each gulp, they would randomly talk about things that happened that day. Jinyoung opened up about his worries and Mark, for the first time in forever, consoled someone.  That afternoon, the two seemed to ignore everyone in the café. They talked like only the two of them existed in the moment.

 

The rain just became harder, making them spend more time in the café. Everything was perfect; almost perfect but suddenly Jinyoung’s phone rang. “Hello?” he answered and Mark eyed him suspiciously. Jinyoung gave a worried look as his jaw dropped. Freaking out, Jinyoung managed to answer. “Oh.. Okay! Okay! Just stay there!” The elder was really confused. Jinyoung will leave?

The younger took a last sip on his coffee before standing with his bag. I’ll go ahead!Jinyoung stated. “We’re going home?” Mark questioned. Honestly, he’s getting nervous but he can’t even explain why. The brunette looked away. “Jaebum was stranded because of the heavy rain. I have to pick him up.” He firmly said. So it was Jaebum again. Today, Jinyoung will leave him again for Jaebum and there’s surely nothing Mark can do to stop his buddy from going.

“Oh…” And that was all Mark could say because Jinyoung already left him. He was alone. The area that was once filled with Jinyoung’s hearty laughter was now silent. He was painfully watching Jinyoung as he rode a bus across the street. The rain was really hard and he has no umbrella. Mark furiously stood up with the forgotten umbrella but he received a text message from the other who was probably enroute to his best friend’s place.

 

“I left the umbrella so you can use it later. Take care, Mark!”

Mark sank back down on his seat. Jinyoung always cares for him; he even left the umbrella so Mark can protect himself from the bad weather. But still, a piece of his heart got chipped. He hated the fact that Jinyoung has to leave him for Jaebum. And the younger didn’t even bothered to think twice before going. He realized that he’s just an option and Jaebum will always be his priority.

He picked up his phone and dialled a number. “Jackson, can you come here?”

 

 

 

“Jaebum! I’m almost there!” Jinyoung said on the other line.

The raven-haired let out a soft groan. “I’m here!” Jinyoung said as he stumbled out the bus, rushing towards the mall where Jaebum was currently standing. He ended the call upon seeing his best friend, soaked in rainwater. Jinyoung’s heart raged badly; he removed his coat and pulled Jaebum into an embrace before wrapping the coat around his slender body. “Are you okay, Jae-ah?”

Jaebum managed to give a smile. “Yes. Thank you, Jinyoung.” He muttered and Jinyoung wrapped his arms around the other as they rode a bus home. Fortunately, the bus isn’t filled with passengers so they found a spot for themselves. Jaebum rested his head on Jinyoung’s shoulders. “Jae, you’re trembling! Are you sure you’re okay?” And Jaebum shook his head. “My head hurts and I’m dizzy but don’t mind me…I’m ---”

“No! Im Jaebum you’re not okay!”

Jaebum sighed.

“We’re going home. You’ll stay at my dorm tonight, okay?”

And the elder just nodded as he drifted to dreamland.

 

 

 

“Jinyoung left you again because of Jaebum?” Jackson said while eating the waffles that Jinyoung wasn’t able to finish. The red-haired nodded. “And you’re jealous?” Jackson added. Mark almost choked upon hearing those words. “N-No! I’m not!” He denied. Jackson took another bite before laughing his out.

“You like him, dude. Trust me.”

“Is it possible to like someone whom you just met?”

“So you like him?”

“No!” Mark shouted.

Jackson smirked. “You’re not going to act like a bitter wife if there’s nothing troubling you.” He said. Jackson is the type of person that mostly jokes about everything but deep inside his words are meaningful and in some ways, helpful as well. He loves giving advices to his younger friends especially if it’s about life. “Fine. I kinda like him.”

“Nah. Stop lying, dude.”

“I like him. Happy now?”

Jackson took a sip of the coffee. “I knew it.”

 

 

 

After beating the bumper to bumper traffic at the main roads, Jinyoung and his best bud arrived at the dorm. He was supporting the upper body of his friend as they entered the dorm. Jaebum was latching on his body as they went inside Jinyoung’s room. He threw Jaebum on the bed before removing his garments.

Jinyoung’s hands were badly shaking and his brain was starting to cloud as he dipped himself on the bed, beside Jaebum. His fingers travelled on the buttons of Jaebum’s uniform; he undid the first button then the second and finally, until the end. He was sweating badly while removing the wet shirt and tossing it beside him. Jaebum’s glorious body almost made him faint, it was heavenly. Toned muscles, fair skin and sweet smell; Jaebum really is a perfect creature.

In a swift second, Jinyoung was sitting beside a topless Jaebum. Soon, the elder opened his eyes and reached for Jinyoung’s hand. The younger jolted in surprise. “J-Jae! Y-your clothes….I….because… ” He muttered as he tried to look for an excuse. Jaebum laughed despite of his headache. “I know. Thank you.” And before Jinyoung could reply, his pal forcefully pulled him into his chest and trapped him into a tight hug. The warmth of Jaebum’s body was enough to send him into another dimension.

 

 

 

The lights were closed as Mark arrived at the dorm. It was 10 o’clock in the evening and he’s really tired with all the heartache that he got. Still, the worry for Jinyoung’s health never left his mind. What if Jinyoung was sick because he gave me his umbrella? Mark thought.  But no, I decided that tonight, he’ll be mad at Jinyoung for leaving him at the café. He changed his clothes and brushed his teeth. But before moving into their shared room, he noticed a bag on their sofa. It’s Jaebum’s bag. Jaebum’s here? He thought.

His heart was about to pop out his chest as he followed the water drops towards their room. The anger intensified knowing that Jaebum and Jinyoung are inside the same room; the room where Mark should be.  He carefully turned the knob and sneaked inside the dark room. Jinyoung was peacefully sleeping on Jaebum’s bare chest as they were both wrapped with a white blanket. How can a single person break his heart into million pieces?

The light from outside woke Jinyoung, he turned around and saw Mark standing at the door. He sat up. “Mark..” and before he could talk again, Mark rushed out of the scene and run away from the door. Heavy steps were heard all over the dorm and it bothered Jinyoung, a lot. He hoisted up and immediately followed Mark into the bathroom.

“Mark! Open the door!” He knocked on the wooden door.

The elder remained silent. Tears were slightly forming into his eyelids. He tried his best not to cry but there’s no way to hide it. The salty droplets fell down his eyes like waterfalls; they seemed unstoppable. Jinyoung on the other side, kept on banging the door. He looked for the key and unlocked the knob. He was really stunned by the sight; Mark’s face was really red and he was shaking due to anger as he stood in front of the porcelain faucet. Jinyoung felt sorry. Is it because of him? Well, most probably yes.

 

He made small steps towards Mark. But Mark just pushed him away. “You left me at the coffee shop for this?” he asked, painfully. The younger hugged Mark and tried to hold him strongly so he won’t escape. “It’s not that! He was sick and I accidentally fell asleep --”

“You accidentally fell asleep? Knowing that he’s ? Seriously, Park Jinyoung?!”

Jinyoung laughed as he stared at Mark’s face. “Are you jealous, Mark Tuan?” he jokingly intrigued. Mark blushed as he pouted. “No!” he yelled and Jinyoung hugged him again. He pinched Mark’s cheeks before calming him down. When everything was fine, the brunette spoke up “I just have to remove his top because it’s wet. That’s it.” He explained and Mark did his best to believe.

“Fine, I’m sleepy. Tell Jaebum to get off our bed or I’ll kick him off it.”

 

With their arms still circled around each other’s waist, Jinyoung smiled as he stared at Mark’s glistening eyes. “Just sleep beside him. I’ll sleep on the couch.” Jinyoung requested. The elder frowned, making Jinyoung laugh. “I’d rather sleep on the couch with you!” he protested.

“But it’s too small for two persons.”

 

Mark frowned again but now, his lips were jutted. It was really cute and there was this strange urge for Jinyoung to place his lips against the other’s. He grinned as he carried Mark, bridal style, out of the bathroom. At first, Mark struggled but its Park Jinyoung who’s carrying him. The flawless Park Jinyoung “So I guess we’ll settle on the floor.Jinyoung whispered as he landed Mark on the floor of their room while pulling some pillows off the bed and placing them on the cold ground.

 

Mark smiled as Jinyoung finally lied beside him, pulling the blanket over their tired bodies. Jinyoung allowed Mark to cuddle him and Jinyoung nuzzled back.  But a sudden voice interrupted the moment. “Jinyoung…”

“Shut up and sleep, Im Jaebum!” Mark yelled as he snuggled closer to the younger.

 

 

And it’s official. He likes Jinyoung.

 

 

 

 

A/n: Hello guys! Hahahahahaha. Again, I apologize for the JJP here. Hahahahaha. Jealous Mark is just sooooo adorbs so I made it a must to slip a dash of Jaebum here. This chapter isn’t as cute as chapter 5 lol sorry cause I’m not feeling well for the past days, maybe it’s because of the bipolar weather here in our country. Hahahaha. It's just that i don't want to leave y'all hanging ☺ ♥ thank you for all the feedbacks :))  SO AGAIN, THANKS GUYS! UNTIL NEXT TIMEEEEE ♥  STAY SAFE!!! Love y’all ♥