14 | final

Braving The Wild

warning; typos // ♥recommended song for this chapter ; Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

 

Today marks the last day of the buddy system contract. Although it has become a petty thing to worry about since they’re already in a relationship, Mark still feels a bit of sorrow in the farthest nook of his heart. It’s not because he woke up alone that morning. He was expecting for Jinyoung to shower him with kisses or tickle his sides or maybe trail a series of butterfly kisses along his neck because that’s how the younger usually wakes him up. Mark came up with a normal conclusion; Jinyoung left early for academic purposes again. It’s not a problem at all, Mark completely understands the reason behind his boyfriend’s absence but somehow, it kills his morning vibe.

He does his usual thing; roll himself in the thick sheets and burry his face on the younger’s pillow. These actions became a habit for the entire month and most probably, for the coming months and years. The familiar sweet vanilla scent that Jinyoung has is something that Mark will never get tired of. A subtle smile appeared on the elder’s lips while dipping his nose deeper against the fluffy pillow. It’s amazing how that smell gave him a tingly sensation of having Jinyoung beside him.

 

It wasn’t too long before his phone rang. His sleepy eyes shot fully open as he excitedly reached for it under the pillows. Without any hesitation, he answered the call; not even bothering to see who’s on the other line because he’s sure that it’s his dearest. With his signature deep, seducing morning voice, the elder prepared himself. “Good morning, Markie!” Jinyoung said. His voice was soothing as always and it never fails of turn the elder’s mood up.

Mark grinned sleepily. “Morning, Nyong. Where are you?” He can hear Jaebum’s voice in the background; yelling some weird things and laughing like a retard. Soon, he also heard Youngjae’s. Now, Mark realized that their group’s ‘brainy team’ were all together again. And what makes it odd was its just 5 o’clock in the morning. Youngjae isn’t an early riser at all so maybe this is really a very important matter. They seem too busy. Jinyoung chuckled.

“We’re here at school. Doing some stuff for an important event.” He answered. The younger sat on a free space and stared at the upcoming sunset. Mark just hummed in reply and Jinyoung knew that it was also hard for the elder to deal with the situation that they have. They can’t be together at all time. Suddenly, an icy- cold breeze of morning air flew past the boys. Jinyoung hissed. “Oh god, it’s too cold here!” he exclaimed.

“Same here.” He replied while pushing the sheets aside and moving out of the bed. “I need a hug.” He added and later followed by a hearty laugh from the younger on the other line. He can feel the longing within the elder’s voice and in one way or another, it saddens him too. Mark begun practicing this deed called fake laughing and smiling for the past days. It isn’t a healthy routine, at least for Jinyoung. Sometimes, he wonders why Mark covers him real feelings with a forced smile. It made him feel sick. “I’ll hug you really, really tight later. So better get up and prepare for school. I’ll see you at the principal’s office for the nullification of the buddy system contract.” He calmly stated as he trudged back to the area where the two boys continues their duties.

“Oh! Okay! Be careful there, Nyong! I can’t wait to see you later! I love you.” He mumbled while exiting his room.

Jinyoung beamed while grabbing a piece of cardboard and a pair of scissors. “I will. I love you too, Mark.”

 

As the phone call came to an end, Mark’s eyes landed on a familiar side of their room; the nightstand. He switched off the lamp effortlessly but with all his surprise, a folded paper was placed on the side of the alarm clock. He picked up the paper and unfolded it with all his curiosity.

 

‘You’re snoring loudly last night, but you’re still handsome. I love you! ♥’

                                                                                                                   -Nyong.

 

 

 

The red-haired immediately noticed the food on the dining table. It really is heart-warming to know that Jinyoung always prepares a bountiful selection of breakfast courses even though they can’t eat together. With a very warm smile, Mark happily walked to the spot and sat on a chair. He reached for a plate and lifted two rounds of choco-chip pancakes, then some sausages and a spoonful of scrambled eggs with cheese.  All of a sudden, a small folded piece of paper caught his attention. He reached for it and with a fluttering chest; he carefully absorbed all the words that were gracefully written. 

 

‘How I wish I can sit on the chair across you and join you for breakfast. Eat well, Mark. ♥’

-Nyong.

 

A bright beam and a shaky sigh left Mark’s lips. Everything was smoothly sailing but not for too long. The end of the buddy system contract began bothering him again. The only reason of his fear was Jinyoung might be distant from that day onward. What if Jinyoung just established a relationship that’s good for 30 days so we can effectively complete the task? What if he’s going to leave me after this day? Will he still be the same person as he is for the coming days? What if he’s just doing all of these for the benefits?

 

One of the things that Mark loved about the buddy system contract was the blue wristbands that the both of them were required to wear. Obviously, at first Mark totally hated it. But as days gone by, as the feelings became deeper, he accepted every rule and loved it with all of his might. The elder took a sip of his hot chocolate as his hand graced on the blue bracelet. As of the moment, that’s the only material thing that indicates their relationship and ownership. Someday, he’s certain that those wristbands will be replaced by something more sentimental.

 

 

The clock struck 6AM and Mark got out of the shower with a green towel wrapped around his slender waist. Then sunlight was perfectly tinting the living room with a perfect shade. It made him yearn for Jinyoung. Normally, the younger would cover his own eyes playfully while preparing their packed lunch and say that seeing Mark having only a towel to cover his entire body is a flawless example of live ography. The soft chuckle that the brunette does, the silly antics and all his hidden friskiness; those factors just makes the elder fall harder for him every single day.

 

After few steps, he saw his school uniform that was neatly hanged on the knob of their door. He lazily walked towards the place and picked the hanger up. The pair was fully ironed and it smells like lavender. Jinyoung always does this. The younger prepares their uniform every morning and not to mention, their shoes are also shined. From the polo, to the coat until the pants and the shoes, the younger makes it a habit to check them all. With a grin, Mark wore his uniform as a flashback of Jinyoung fixing his coat and university tie rushed through his mind. It was all unforgettable because those little things were one of the reason why the elder loves the other with all of his heart.

 

The last thing that Mark did before leaving the dorm was to check his things for the final time. He opened his bag and spotted his books, pens and some other stuff. All complete. Mark slowly plugged off the switches and left the flat. As he reached the road, he instantly missed how his boyfriend would hold his cold hand just to warm it up while waiting for a bus. But at this point, all he can do is to put his paws inside his pocket. Mark slid them in and taken aback when he felt another piece of paper inside it.

 

‘Your pocket will never be as warm as my hands but as of now, you’ve got no choice. Take care! I’ll see you at school. :)’

                                                                                                                                       -Nyong.

 

The bus now moved towards their university. Mark sat on the next to the window and noticed an empty space beside him; a place where Jinyoung should be sitting. He stared at scenery outside for a couple of minutes as he tried to comprehend why he was feeling so worried about the buddy system contract. He was feeling so nostalgic for the past hours and it was really weird considering the fact that they’ll be seeing each other in less than 15 minutes. No texts we’re received and it somehow bothered Mark. Maybe Jinyoung’s totally occupied with chores early in the morning.

 

 

Mark reached the school and went straight to the principal’s office. There he saw Jinyoung on the corridor, calmly looking at the green field in front of him. He seemed so serious. Mark recalled how that same place looked like twenty nine days ago. The first day was indeed a chaos and no one saw it coming that when they reach the 30th day, they’re no longer castaways in each other’s lives.

Jinyoung abruptly glanced at Mark’s direction. The brunette smiled as he walked in the empty hallway to meet Mark. As soon as they can reach other, they automatically hugged. As promised, Jinyoung embraced him really tight, not wanting to let go. Mark on the other side buried his face of the younger’s neck. “I missed you.” He mumbled. He felt a nod and heard a low giggle from Jinyoung. “Let’s go inside, shall we?” the brunette spoke and they entered the office.

 

They sat on the same old chairs where they settled before. There’s the principal and the familiar folders that contains the contract and the similar black pen. “Now that the agreement reached its last day, Mr. Tuan can you tell me your insights about this?” the principal said and Mark shot a gaze at Jinyoung who was warmly smiling at him, cheering him up.

 

Mark made a deep breath. “At first, I though all of these was a complete mess. I cursed every single second of it. But as days gone by, I realized that I was totally wrong. Jinyoung is a very wonderful person and I’m very thankful to have him. He made me discover a lot about life, myself and others. He taught me a lot of things and treated me like a special person. Every single day is an unforgettable memory and I will surely treasure every second of it.”

The school head gave a satisfied smile when she saw the sincerity in Mark’s words. She also noticed the tears forming on the elder’s eyelids yet he’s brightly smiling. “Now, Mr.Park it’s your turn.”

 

Jinyoung did the same. He took an inhale and beamed. “I’m happy that I met Mark. I will treasure him forever.”

It was short but those words means a lot that the formed tears on Mark’s eyelids rolled down his cheeks in no time. The school head felt accomplished, so does Jinyoung. “I’m happy that the both of you establish a great relationship. Thank you, Jinyoung. You did well. And thank you to you too, Mark. I know that this journey will make you a better person. I’m proud of the both of you.” And the school head left. “And yes, the wristbands. You can have them as a souvenir.” She added with a subtle beam as she exited the room, leaving the lads inside. Jinyoung wiped Mark’s tears and held his hand. “Rooftop?” he asked, tugged the other’s hand. The red-haired smiled and nodded.

 

As they reached the rooftop, Mark noticed a huge foldable wooden bench and table. There are lots of foods on the table; cupcakes, lemonades, berries, snacks and more. The rooftop railings were graced with glittery white cloth and lastly there were pastel balloons tied on a far side. Mark also saw the area where there’s a picnic cloth with pillows and a basket lying there with Jaebum’s guitar. It was breathtakingly awesome. It was perfect! A pair of arms s on his waist and pulled him closer from behind.

“Liked it?” Jinyoung whispred against his ear, making him shudder. Mark turned around in confusion. “Is this for me?” he joked and truly he wasn’t expecting a ‘yes’ but with all his surprise, his boyfriend nodded slowly. Right there, Mark felt his tears once again. That’s the reason why Jinyoung left early. He prepared a rooftop date for Mark. It seems impossible but even the principal was fully aware and informed with his plan. The brunette asked for his friends’ help and luckily they all complied.

 

The younger dragged his sobbing boyfriend at the middle of the area. The tender sunlight grazing their soft skin and the cool wind hit their bodies. Jinyoung pulled Mark into a hug. “Mark Tuan, listen to me. Listen very carefully.” He said. Mark pulled out from the hug as he felt a sudden nervousness in his heart. Jinyoung grinned and intertwined his fingers against the elder’s.

“I love you and I want to spend more days, more months and more years with you. I’m so lucky that I met you. You’ve changed me too, and I’m also thankful for that. I will always stand beside you during your best days and downfalls. My hands will never be tired of wiping your tears. My arms will never stiffen so that you can still comfortably rest on it. My ears will never be worn-out of listening to all your same old stories. My lips will never be too tough to taste yours. And my heart will never ever get tired of loving you, Mark.”

 

Overwhelmed, Mark just nodded. It was just too much. “These entire 30 days are the happiest days of my life. Thank you for everything, Jinyoung. You’re always there even though I caused you too much pain and stress. You kept on taking care of me even if I wasn’t able to do the same for you. I know it’s too early but I want to spend my entire life with you. I can’t picture my future with anyone else. I will be the best version of myself for you. I love you, Jinyoung.”

And it was the brunette’s turn to softly sob. “The best days are yet to come, Mark.” He said after kissing Mark’s glistening lips. The younger pulled out a small box from him pocket and opened it; revealing a pair of identical silver rings. He took one and wore in on his left ring finger while the other, he placed it in Mark’s. The red-haired couldn’t feel any happier that moment. It was like all that he wished for got granted immediately. The ring fits perfectly on his finger and he could stare at it for the whole day because it’s so charming. “Thank you so much, Jinyoung. Thank you.” Mark chimed happily in between his soft sobs. They hugged again as this time, the brunette’s smile couldn’t get any wider. “Anything for you, Mark.”

 

Mark escaped from the hold and connected his lips with Jinyoung’s. The kiss was long yet gentle and full of affection. The younger grabbed Mark closer as their lips passionately moved. It wasn’t too long for them to pull out due to lack of air. They stared at each other like they’ve never done that before.  Mark suddenly giggled. “You’re always making my heart race! I hate you!” And they laughed together.

“I know you love it.” Jinyoung said as he pinched Mark’s flushed cheeks. Later, the whole gang made their entrance as they began screaming and wildly complimenting the couple. Their entire day was full of fun. Jinyoung sat from afar and view how Mark changed. He was currently playing some games with the rest of the team. From a grumpy and stubborn boy, he transformed into a man that’s willing to accept all the challenges with a strong heart and a wide smile. After all, he was happy that everything happened. His positivity brought him into a situation that he’s really thankful for. And Jinyoung therefore concludes that he successfully braved the wild.

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: HI GUYS! YES, THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF BRAVING THE WILD. SO I WILL TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF Y'ALL. I MAY NOT KNOW YOU GUYS PERSONALLY BUT I'M REALLY THANKFUL TO HAVE AWESOME READERS LIKE YOU GUYS! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING, COMMENTING, SUBSCRIBING, UPVOTING AND EVEN RECOMMENDING THIS FIC. I KNOW THAT THERE WERE TONS OF TYPOS AND ERRORS AND IM REALLY SORRY FOR THAT. I ALSO WANT TO THANK THE SILENT READERS OUT THERE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS! AND TO MY FELLOW MARKJIN SHIPPERS........LETS STAY STRONG BECAUSE MARKJIN IS GIVING US TOO MUCH FEELS FOR THE PAST WEEKS. I CAN'T EVEN  HAHAHAHAHA.  I WILL TRY TO MAKE MORE MARKJIN FICS IN THE FUTURE! PLEASE DO ANTICIPATE. HAHAHAHA. THAT'S ALL FOR NOW! YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER, ITS @pjyxcyj . HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. AGAIN, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! STAY SAFE! LOVE Y'ALL~ ♥