O4.

Braving The Wild

Mark woke up upon hearing a series of ear-busting beeps from Jinyoung’s alarm clock. The first thing that he saw was the breath-taking image of sunrise across the window; realizing why Jinyoung insisted that he should face and occupy the right side of the bed. He stared at it for a couple of seconds while continuously blinking and rubbing his eyes; getting rid of last night’s tears that somehow hardened.

He stretched his left arm and finally turned around, his back pressed against the bed. He looked at the blank ceiling before recalling something. Jinyoung. He glanced back at the alarm clock and tried to read the blinking red digits. 04:53 AM. Jinyoung was nowhere to be found inside the room and it made Mark feel uneasy. He doesn’t even know why but he’s craving for his buddy’s presence. He rolled like a burrito in his blanket and placed himself on Jinyoung’s side. He slowly inhaled the other’s pillow. Vanilla. He grinned. Knowing the fact that his mind was still half asleep, the red-haired boy just allowed himself to immerse in the moment. 

Jinyoung, you’re in my ‘almost 5:00 AM’ thoughts.

 

Several minutes passed, Mark stayed still; face buried on Jinyoung’s pillow and not moving a muscle. The vivid scent of vanilla lingering on his nostrils was suddenly mixed with a hint of cinnamon. He partially raised his head and sniffed. It didn’t take too long for the room to finally smell like a cinnamon stick. The aroma was enchanting and Mark got addicted to it right away. He slipped himself out of the sheets and landed his feet back on cold ground. Making few steps towards the door and he finally turned the knob.

The light from the kitchen was really striking for someone that just got his out from a dark room. Mark tried his best to deal with the light but not after seeing his buddy. Jinyoung has a blue apron loosely tied on his hips while stirring a mug of hot chocolate. The brunette was still in his bunny-patterned pajamas and Mark concluded that he looked so adorable. 

 

Jinyoung was facing the table and was totally clueless that Mark was behind him. He woke up an hour before he fixed the alarm for Mark. He knew that Mark isn’t the type of person that’ll wake up around 4AM or so. And besides, Jinyoung needs to prepare their breakfast and some school stuff.

The younger slept well. The presence of Mark made him sleep well. Their backs rarely touched but Jinyoung loved the feeling when it does. It makes him happy whenever there’s someone beside him during bedtime. Not for some other purposes, but he just feels so secured when someone sleeps beside him. Jaebum once slept next to him in his old dorm just because the raven-haired was too lazy to go home. That incident turned out to be the reason for Jinyoung to have a hard time sleeping for a couple of nights; he was yearning for Jaebum’s warm arm that accidently circled around his waist. He kept on blushing when he remembers that incident. Well, who wouldn’t?

The elder was fighting the urge of back hugging the other. He was just a ruler away from Jinyoung when the brunette turned around and gave him a huge smile. “Good morning, Mark.” Mark swore to the heavens; he’d love to wake up every morning with this scenario. Mark gave in and returned a drowsy grin. “Morning, Jinyoung.” He muttered as Jinyoung moved on the other side of the table, revealing the food that he prepared.

Mark’s eyes widen in shock. “You prepared these? All of these?”

Jinyoung nodded.

 

Nothing too special; there were two plates and two mugs. The plate at the middle contains a stack of flawless cinnamon pancakes drizzled with a generous amount of maple syrup. Another plate has these sinfully-delicious bacon strips; fried to perfection. A platter with sliced fruits; apples, strawberries and bananas. Both of the mugs were filled with hot chocolate, not to mention the bits of marshmallows floating on it. This is perfection.

“Let’s eat!” Jinyoung said, pulling a chair and settling himself there. Mark sat on the chair in front of Jinyoung’s. The brunette happily placed two pieces of pancakes on Mark’s plate and 3 strips of bacon. He beamed at the elder before turning to his own food. Jinyoung loves doing this everyone. His motherly side never failed in capturing other people’s heart. He’s just too caring and Mark usually falls for those types for he never felt the care and attention that he desired.

 

“How’s your sleep?” Jinyoung asked while taking a sip of the hot chocolate. The red-haired smiled. “It’s good. You?” Honestly, their arms were quite painful. Jinyoung was facing the left side while Mark was on the right. Their arms received a lot of pressure from their body, but a warm shower could ease the pain anyway.

“Good too! You know, the bed was so soft! It was so big! I’ve never slept in that kind of bed before.” Jinyoung chuckled. His eyes. Mark said to himself as the stared at the other who was so happy just because of a big and comfy bed. Soon, the two finished their breakfast and groomed their selves for school. Once everything was settled, Jinyoung brought two containers from the kitchen and went in the living area to see Mark. He placed one container inside bag while he handed the other to Mark.

 

Mark raised his eyebrow in confusion. “What’s this?”

“Lunch. I prepared it too.” Jinyoung answered.

“Jinyoung….I’ll just buy some in the cafeteria.” Mark responded. He must admit, he’s a bit worried that people might see him, ‘THE EVER SO COOL, MARK TUAN’, having a lunchbox for lunch.  It’s not that cool! Yes, Jinyoung prepared it and he’s 101% sure that it’s tasty but no, he just can’t. But the chill that he got after realizing that Jinyoung made it for him was no joke. His heart raged badly.

Jinyoung pouted. The cutest thing ever; according to Mark. “Oh…Okay. I’ll just give it to Jaebum.” He said while making his way towards Mark to get the box. But after hearing Jaebum’s name, Mark placed the box inside his bag. “No! I’ll take it.” He’d rather endure the chuckles from other people instead of seeing Jaebum and Jinyoung eating happily like love birds. The scene might make him sick.

“But I thought….”

“I’ve changed my mind, Jinyoung.”

“Okay. Then I should make another one of Jaebum too.”

 

Mark rolled his eyes as his palm met his face for a hard face palm moment. Jaebum again.

 

 

They arrived earlier than the usual and Jinyoung has no troubles with it. The two immediately separated and went to their respective classes. Jinyoung went to the cafeteria and searched for a specific person; no other than his best friend.  “Jae-ah!” the brunette greeted as he sat beside him.

“Hey! Are you okay? Did that Mark Tuan harmed you or something? Tell me!” Jaebum said furiously, making Jinyoung laugh. “Did he poisoned you? He seduced you? Tell me Park Jinyoung! ” He added and it made the younger giggled as if there’s no tomorrow. “I’m fine! Things are doing fine between us, Jae-ah.” He said between his chuckles.

“Sure?” the raven-haired questioned. Jinyoung nodded. He pulled the other lunchbox out of his bag and gave it to Jaebum. “Tadah!” he exclaimed. There’s no way Jaebum would decline with that treat. He gave the other a heartfelt smile before hugging him. “I feel so lucky to have a best friend like you.” He muttered right into Jinyoung’s ear.

The brunette blushed. The warmness of his pal’s breath was running over his spine. “Same here.” Jinyoung said, pulling away from the other’s embrace before smiling. The bell rang and Jinyoung stood-up. “Jae-ah! I’ll go ahead! See you around!”

Jaebum waved as Jinyoung walked out of the cafeteria. ”He’s so sweet.”

 

 

Time flies so fast. It’s now their lunch time and Jinyoung was dragged by Mark towards the cafeteria. Jinyoung was looking around when he noticed a boy. He looked like a sophomore and he’s with a black backpack that made him look like a lost camper or hiker. He’s all alone and he seems so anxious. Before he could think another thought, Mark already placed him on an empty seat.

“Mark, look at that kid. He’s alone.”

Mark took his lunch box. “So?”

“Maybe I should invite him here. You know that’s how I felt when I first came here. Good thing, Jae-ah helped me.” Jinyoung recalled with an unconscious smile. Jaebum again. Mark thought, annoyed. The younger stood up. “Hey!” he called and the boy looked at him. “Join us!” Jinyoung added and the boy slowly walked towards their table. Mark eyed him suspiciously.

“Take a seat!” Jinyoung offered while patting an empty space beside him. The boy complied. “What’s your name?” the brunette asked.

 

“Hello! My name is Youngjae”

“Hi Youngjae! I’m Jinyoung. I bet you’re an exchange student. Is this your first day here?” Jinyoung questioned and Youngjae nodded. Jinyoung loves making new friends. Youngjae is younger than them and an exchange student as well so Jinyoung knew how it feels. He was once in this young fellow’s shoes. The brunette noticed the anxiety on the younger’s face. “You seemed so worried. Why?”

Youngjae took his bag off his shoulders; releasing the weight. “Some people told me about this person named Mark Tuan…” And Jinyoung stared at Mark who was in the midst of choking. Youngjae continued. “They said that this Mark Tuan is a bully. He’s rich and he’s very powerful but he’s not smart. Someone said he’s ugly too.”

“Show me those guys and I’ll break their ribs right away!” Mark yelled, scaring Youngjae in an instant. Jinyoung grabbed the younger and protected him from Mark’s fury. Youngjae was terrified but clueless on the other hand. The brunette shot a glare at Mark and the mad man sat calmed a bit. “Uhmmm… Youngjae, He’s Mark. Mark Tuan.” Jinyoung declared slowly.

Youngjae tensed up and Mark got nervous too. “N-No. I won’t hurt you. Don’t worry.”

Jinyoung gave him a reassuring smile and Youngjae felt better.

 

 

Friday night, 5th day.

That day would be the 3rd time that Jinyoung will sleep with someone beside him. The first two nights we’re quite uncomfortable due to their positions. After school, the buddies decided to go to the supermarket and buy some supplies. Mark took a cart and Jinyoung followed.

The elder grabbed a bag of chips; the largest one. “I don’t eat too much junk food.” Jinyoung shyly commented so Mark gets the smaller one. He later grabbed a loaf of bread. “Get the whole wheat one!” he ordered. They passed through other lanes and reached the beverages section. Mark took 5 big bottles of soda and 6 cans of beer. Jinyoung slapped his hand.

“Water, juices and 2 bottles of soda will do.”

“You don’t drink?” Mark asked, pointing at the cans of beer on the cart.

Jinyoung shook his head. “No.”

“You don’t drink beer, you don’t eat junk foods, and most of these are fruits and vegetables! Are you a human?”

Jinyoung chuckled and took the cans out of the cart before pushing Mark towards the counter.

 

“Jinyoung, what’s your idea type?” Mark asked as they waited for their turn on the cashier. Jinyoung bit his lower lip and smiled. Mark anticipated patiently. “Someone who smiles really big.” He says with a gentle beam on his lips. The red-haired nodded and smiled. “Like this?” Mark flashed a huge smile; his teeth were fully exposed and he’s too gorgeous for Jinyoung’s sight.

“Yup. Just like that.”

 

They arrived home with sore hands. The plastic bags were too heavy. Jinyoung rushed towards the kitchen and arranged the items. Mark helped. Soon, everything was done and they just found theirselves on the bed, their backs facing each other. The light was now turned off. They’ve been lying there for almost 2 hours and Mark kept on moving like a wiggler.

 

Jinyoung broke the silence. “Mark? Anything wrong?” he asked.

Mark replied, apologetic. “You can’t sleep because I’m moving too much? I’m sorry.” He mumbled Jinyoung was about to assume that it’s just about their position but when Mark sniffed; he knew it was a serious matter. He turned around and faced Mark’s back. Holding the elder’s shoulder, he pulled him; making him face the younger. It’s dark but Jinyoung knew that Mark was crying…again.

 He instantly placed his arm behind Mark’s head, another on Mark’s hips; pulling him closer of a hug. “Why?” Jinyoung asked as Mark sobbed softly on his chest. Mark mumbled an almost incoherent ‘dad’ and the brunette was able to catch it. He runs his hands on the elder’s red locks before nuzzling onto it. Jinyoung loved the whole situation. Mark feels the same.

Jinyoung rubbed small circles on Mark’s back just to calm him down. “It’s okay. I’m sure he misses you too.” And Mark stopped crying.  Hiccups and sniffs were heard inside the room as the two stayed like that; attached. Jinyoung’s fingers massaged Mark’s scalp. “What are you doing?”

“Mom does this when I can’t sleep.”

Mark smiled and Jinyoung also did the same. The elder pushed himself closer to Jinyoung and the younger held him tighter. It was perfect. No more one sided slumbers.

“Good night, Mark.”

“Sweet dreams, Jinyoung.”

 

 

Saturday morning. Mark opened his eyes and was welcomed by Jinyoung’s alluring face. The other was still deeply sleeping. Mark admired every curve and every inch of it. He felt Jinyoung’s tight hug, realizing that his own arms were also wrapped around that brunette’s slender physique. Mark beamed widely. It was just 2AM and there’s no way he’s going wake up this early especially when Jinyoung’s warm embrace drags him back to slumber.  

 

 

A/N: HEY GUYS! IDK I THIS TURNED OUT FLUFFY OR WHAT HAHAHA BUT ANYWAY I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THIS AS MUCH AS I DID WHILE WRITING IT :)) THANKS GUYS! Stay safe!!! Love y'all ♥☺