12.

Braving The Wild

note: 70% JINMARK & 30% 2JAE ♥  contains typos.

 

As soon as the couple got home from school, Jinyoung freely threw himself on their bed. That day was just too stressing that all he wanted to do was to rest. His schedule was really tight and he even skipped his lunch just to pass a special requirement for their upcoming thesis defence. The younger spent his entire day either in the library or in their classroom. It was more than tiring but then as a student, it’s his responsibility to attend his duties.

Mark was fully aware of it. Apparently, it makes him feel too stupid dealing with the fact that there’s no way he could help his boyfriend with his oozing school stuff because he believes that he’s not smart enough to understand a single detail of it. Seeing Jinyoung in this state just breaks his heart. He can see the fatigue and exhaustion drawn on the other’s eyes every time they’re about to go home yet  Jinyoung keeps on pretending that he’s fine.

The red-haired followed the other inside their room with a glass of cold water in his hands. He noticed how Jinyoung laid; his body messily dumped on their bed as his face pressed against the sheets. He smiled and moved closer. “Nyong…” he whispered.  No reply was made. Right at that moment, he realized at Jinyoung fall asleep due to intense overtiredness. Mark took the initiative and removed his shoes and sooner, he even removed the younger’s pants and shirt; replacing it with a comfy pair of pajama and hoodie.

 

Jinyoung didn’t flinch at all. He was deeply sleeping and slightly battling with headache. He woke up after three hours and recalled that he still have to finish a project for their art class, review for their quiz in history and proofread the first batch of their thesis papers. With a low yet troubled groan, he stood up and dragged himself outside the room. His body was almost limping and words can never describe the amount of stress bottled up inside him; not to mention his headache that seemed to worsen.

The first scene that he saw was Mark busily cooking something in their kitchen. A rough cough escaped his lips as Mark turned around. “Oh! Hi there.” The elder said, bringing himself closer to Jinyoung. The brunette just beamed weakly. The loss of strength was fairly visible on his face and it continued to bother Mark more and more. “What are you doing?” Jinyoung asked, hugging the elder and pouring all of his weight onto the other.

Although Jinyoung was a bit heavy, he managed to remain steady for him to support the other’s body. “Cooking our dinner. Come, let’s eat!” he softly spoke and he felt a nod against his shoulders. Jinyoung slowly pulled out and carefully settled on a chair. Mark followed, bringing the food that he cooked. For the first time, he carefully assisted Jinyoung with his meal. It was always Jinyoung who does all the assisting and feeding thingy but at that moment, he felt like he needs to serve the other just to bring him a little bit of comfort.  “You should sleep early and have enough rest.” Mark protested, placing a generous amount of mixed vegetables on the younger’s plate.

Jinyoung smiled again. “I still have to finish…” he coughed heavily and sniffed. “…a lot of things.” He continued as he took his first bite

Mark frowned. “But Jinyoung, you’re already tired! You’re obviously worn out and you need a break!” He can say that he’s scared that it might lead to something that can put Jinyoung’s health at risk. The younger just shrugged and pulled Mark closer to him.

“Don’t worry! I’ll be fine. Just…stay beside me, okay?”

 

 

 

The next day, the red-haired woke up with a trembling man beside him.  He glanced at the alarm clock. 5:02AM. How come he’s not yet awake?  Maybe he slept too well. Mark tried to come up with the most positive reasons and assured himself that those guesses are accurate. But just before he could move again, he felt Jinyoung’s warm breath on his forehead; warmer than the usual. Then he looked at Jinyoung who was shivering and sweating badly. The elder instantly placed his hand on the other’s neck and felt the hot skin against his palm. Nervously, he cupped Jinyoung’s cheeks. “Nyong…Wake up.” He mumbled. The younger just let out a very low hum but he didn’t move. He continued shivering. Mark looked for a thermometer on one of the drawers of the nightstand. He took it right away and placed it on Jinyoung’s armpit. After a couple of minutes, the findings came out. He’s sick.

He was too anxious about the whole situation.  He never tried taking care of a sick person in the entire 19 years of his existence. All his worry suddenly got converted to fear. He’s terrified on what’s about to happen. Panicking, he held Jinyoung’s sweating hands and kissed his temple. “Jinyoung…” he whispered as his voice begun to break. “Nyong…Baby…Wake up.” He added. All of a sudden, the younger slowly fluttered his tired eyes open and focused directly on Mark’s face before weakly beaming. The foul feeling drags Jinyoung back to sleep but he has to prepare some things.

 

“Good morning, Markie. What t-time is i-it?” he managed to lift himself by his elbows and gazed at the alarm clock. “Shoot! I have to p-prepare our breakfast.” He stated unclearly. He did his best to get up but only got dragged back down by his lover. “You’re sick, Jinyoung!” he protested. Mark must admit, this whole scenario was just way too worse that seeing the younger hang-out with his puny classmate named Seyong. The other just flashed his signature smile and kept on pretending that he’s completely fine. He moved closer to Mark.  “I’m fine, Mark.” then followed by a series of dry coughs and sniffs.

The red head tried to calm down and fight the urge of pinning the younger against the bed so he can understand that he’s sick and he’s not allowed to do anything aside from resting and eating, of course. “We’re not going to school today.” He stated and rose from the bed to look for his phone. Jinyoung sat in confusion. “But I have to pass my project, take the history ex--”

Mark turned around and faced Jinyoung with a slightly angry expression. “Park Jinyoung! We are not going to school today! You need to rest!” he said. He linked to the wifi connection and searched for remedies for flu. He was so bothered that all he can do was to tick random and useless characters on the browser. “Fine, I’ll stay here. But you, you go to school. I heard that you have a long quiz in literature.” Jinyoung advised as he rested his head back on the pillows and kissed Mark’s hand.

Mark screeched in annoyance. Why take that exam if he’s going to fail anyway? The elder knew that Jinyoung’s just worried for his grades and stuff but at that point, he’d rather skip those. He can always beg for a special quiz next day.  No one told me that I fell in love with a hard-headed man. “I will stay here. I’ll take care of you.”

“But --”

“No buts Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung lost it there. Mark rarely requests and on the other side, Mark’s doing it for him. Jinyoung knows that he loved the kind of person that will still push his decision no matter what the circumstances are; especially if it’s really needed. The brunette pulled the sheets higher as he felt the heat creep up his helpless figure. His headache was still tolerable but he’s clearly not feeling well. He raised his hands up. “I surrender.” He chuckled just to ease a bit of worry from Mark’s heart.

 

 

 

The elder was having a hard time at the kitchen as he reached for his phone. It’s been hours and Jinyoung decided that it’s better for him to rest more. Mark left and tried his best to prepare something eat so he and his boyfriend can eat and later, take the medicines. But again, he’s too troubled and panicking too damn much. He needs some help. At first, he remembered Jackson but then, his best friend joined a fencing competition. Most probably, he’s busy practicing.  He also thought of Yugyeom. But that brat was surely cleaning the rooms with Bambam. His last hope; Jaebum and Youngjae.

 

 He dialled Youngjae’s digits. After a couple of rings, a voice spoke. “Hello, Mark hyung!”

“Hey Youngjae. Are you busy today?” he asked nervously. There’s a very huge possibility that he’s busy. He’s always busy.

The younger’s tone got higher. “Nope. Oh by the way, why are you absent? Jinyoung hyung too!”

Mark sighed, worried. “He’s sick, Youngjae. I have to take care him.”

“You’re going to ask for help, aren’t you?” he giggled lightly with a dash of sarcasm into it. “I’ll drop by later. Bye, hyung!” And he ended the call.

Mark got relieved. Finally, someone will help him. But suddenly, he remembered that there’s still a chance that Youngjae might not make it because of his never-ending student council member duties. Confused, he called Jaebum. He calmly looked for Jaebum’s number because after all, Jaebum knows more about these situations. And there’s no more reason for him to hate the other. They’re now friends.

 

“Sup?!” Jaebum picked the phone as the sound of a bouncing  ball against the gym floor echoed.

Mark gulped. “Hey Jaebum. I need your help.” He said and scratched his nape; hating himself that he’s too clueless to take care of his own boyfriend. . “Jinyoung’s sick.”

The background sound stopped. “O-Oh! I’ll visit him later! Just look after his temperature, okay? Give him plenty of water and a paracetamol.” Jaebum instructed. The light worry in his voice was utterly noticeable. He’s at the middle of a basketball training when he received the call. With a low hum and almost inaudible ‘thanks’ from the elder, the call ended.

 

 

 

 

“Youngjae!” The sophomore turned around as he exited from the student council room with a bunch of folders pilled-up on his arms. He noticed that it was from Jaebum. With a smile, Youngjae replied. “Hi hyung!” and he arranged the folders with one hand as all the weight fell onto the other. Unintentionally, the papers slipped from his hold and messily fell across the area. Helpless, the boy sat down and picked up all the fallen pieces.

Jaebum rushed to offer his help.  Their hands would touch at some time and they just can’t stop stealing glances from each other. Before the elder knew it, Youngjae finally collected most of the papers and now about to stand. “Let me help you, Youngjae.” He said and the younger will never ever dare to decline.

 

They trudged towards the hallways and down until the gates with wide smiles plastered on their faces. Yes, they’re friends but at some point, Jaebum just can’t help himself. The subtle smiles that Youngjae does make him go wild. His voice was so soothing that he could fall asleep on his lap. His personality is very nice and pleasing. Choi Youngjae is almost perfect according to Jaebum. Maybe he’s falling for the younger. No, he was completely into Youngjae. And he’s sure of it.  “Hyung, you’re going to visit Jinyoung hyung too?”

The elder nodded as he looked for his wallet inside his bag. “Yeah.” He answered. Youngjae was running out of words at that particular minute. He’s used of having a conversation with Jaebum but right now, feelings suddenly became foreign. Is it because his crush was brushing the back of his hand against his as they walked together towards the nearest convenience store to buy some food for Jinyoung? It wasn’t too long for them to finally arrive at the shop.

Youngjae loved the whole idea of finally grabbing Jaebum’s warm hands and pulled him inside. Jaebum on the other side felt the same. It seemed like another side of Youngjae was shown. He was never this touchy. He usually hugs Jinyoung and Mark but Jaebum is way to different compared to the two.  Their intertwined fingers appeared to be inseparable because neither of them wants to pull away.

Jaebum is the type of person that will always do his best to get what he wants. He’s brags a lot and he’s a total chick-magnet; there’s a huge amount of confidence hidden inside his physique. But when it comes to confessing, the man instantly turns into a coward baller.  Youngjae stopped in front of the beverage section and grabbed an orange juice. “Your hand is soft. I like it.” He muttered, not bothering to look at Jaebum.

 The elder was speechless. He took a very deep breath and tightened his grip onto the younger’s hand. “Yours too.” He said. The other let out a low, adorable chuckle that made Jaebum blush. They walked again and reached the snacks section with their hands still clasped securely. “Youngjae…” Jaebum said all of a sudden while reaching for a pack of chocolate filled buns; Jinyoung’s favourite.

The younger snapped. “Yes?” he replied, holding a bag of mixed nuts. “Jinyoung and Mark; they’re a perfect match. I mean, they look so perfect together and their personalities are so balanced. They’re so lucky to have each other.” Jaebum elaborated as Youngjae slowly drags him onto the counter. The younger just nodded and stared back at the other while they waited for their turn to pay.

 

As soon as they left the store, Jaebum noticed that Youngjae’s still holding him tight. At that moment, he realized that there’s something going on between the two of them; a silent tension that no one dares to break. Before he could react, he found himself getting dragged once again by Youngjae inside a bus. They sat on an empty section at the back; palms still glued.

Jaebum squired a bit, making Youngjae wonder. “Is it about our hands?!” he asked. The elder quickly shook his head. “No. It’s just…I’m not used to…Why are we…”

Youngjae beamed and rested his head on Jaebum’s shoulder. “Stop it hyung, I know you like me.”

“W-w-what?” Jaebum tried to cover up. But at the end, this could be another wasted chance for him to confess so he looked for enough courage as he answered again. “Ugh. Yes. I like you so much. Happy now?”

The younger smirked and pecked a surprise kiss on Jaebum’s cheek. “Yes. So damn happy.”

 

Because Youngjae’s life isn’t just about his student council duties and studies.

 

 

 

The day went on. The new couple arrived at Jinyoung’s dorm as they begun looking after the brunette’s health condition. Jaehum and Mark cooked as Youngjae opened up about the previous confession. They had a great time catching up. Another good thing, Jinyoung seemed to feel better after all the amount of care that Mark poured into him. It was just superb. Later, the other two decided to leave. “We’ll go now, Jinyoung. See you guys tomorrow!” Jaebum said upon exiting the dorm.

 

Mark was now fully relieved as he watched the progress in his boyfriend’s condition. He walked back to the kitchen and handed Jinyoung the last batch of pills that he needs to take. “Are you feeling better now?” he asked. The brunette beamed and nodded. “Yes. Thank you so much, Mark.” He replied softly with a kiss planted on the elder’s plump lips.

 

He took the medicines and carried Mark, despite of his light dizziness, towards their room and placed him on the bed. He tucked the elder in and sooner, he lay beside him. He was about to kiss Mark again when he saw some streaks of tears rolling from his eyes. Worried, Jinyoung wiped them off and cupped his cheeks. An arm pulled the elder closer to his. “Why?”

Mark just sobbed harder. “You’re always taking care of me and I’m so thankful for that. But Jinyoung, please take care of yourself too. Do it for me. Please?” He said between a series of sneezes and hiccups.

Jinyoung agreed and finally hugged the elder; letting in sleep in his arms. They’re about to drift to slumber when Jinyoung spoke. “You have a special quiz in Literature tomorrow, Mark.” He instructed as Mark opened his eyes, mentally slapping himself for totally forgetting all about it.  “Jeez. I think I have to review until dawn.” He said, pulling himself off the bed and heading to the study table.

 

Jinyoung pulled a chair and sat beside him. “Come on, babe. I’ll help you.”

“But you need to rest.” He tried to push Jinyoung off the chair but the younger wrapped his arms around Mark’s body. It was totally normal for them to act that touchy but the red-haired feels more of the love that night. The younger placed a kiss on his collar. “Please?” he begged with puppy eyes. Mark was startled and before he could reply, the younger again planted a kiss on his jaw. “Pleaseee?” and another peck was softly done on the corner of his lips.

Mark sighed and finally gave up. He beamed. “Fine, but in one condition.” He dared.

The brunette wondered as he raised a brow. “What?”

 “Kiss me again.” The elder lessen the spaces between their faces; giving them a full view of their blushes. Jinyoung chuckled and moved away, grabbing a book. He flipped through the pages as Mark remained as before. Bothered, he frowned.  It confused him a lot.  Mark slowly went back to his normal position with a heavy heart. His wish wasn’t granted. Jinyoung glanced at him. The younger cupped his cheeks and pulled him closer as their lips collided for a long yet sweet lip lock.

 

Jinyoung pulled away and rubbed their noses together. “Shall we study now?

Mark pouted. “Can I get another kiss?” 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Hi guys! I'm baaaaaaaaaaack. Hahaahahahahhahahha. So my 2 OTPs are included here. JinMark & 2Jae. Hahahahhahaha. Anyway, thank you for all the concern regarding my health. I'm okay now :) Hahahaha. I wrote this fic while I'm at work lol i have a part-time job at a drugstore  so its not edited hahaha Thank you for waiting, understanding and for all the positive feedbacks. I saw some on twitter few weeks ago and it's really overwhelming ♥   Btw, hi to my new subscribers :)) feel free to leave your insights below! Hahahaha stay safe guys! Happy Halloween!!!!! Love y'all! ♥☺