13.

Braving The Wild

warning: very light violence and typos

 

It was a hectic Saturday morning for Jinyoung. He woke up an hour earlier than his usual time every weekend. As expected, Mark was still sleeping peacefully when the younger carefully slithered his slender body off the bed.  He rose around 6:30 in the morning; for the remaining 30 minutes before 7AM, he decided to stare at the snoozing figure beside him with full admiration. Mark’s face seems to glisten every morning. It was so alluring and Jinyoung’s sure that it can sweep anyone off their feet. He would observe every little move, small facial curves and even the silent, low breathing that Mark does. Filling his own dose of Mark every morning is enough to power up his entire day.

 

Jinyoung was sitting at the couch with loads of papers beside him. There’s a laptop at the table, some pencils and highlighters, and a lot more papers. It really was a torture to start your day with a truckload of stuff to deal with. But as a very reliable and responsible student, Jinyoung quietly endures everything. He never complained about it because at the end, he’s sure that all of his hardships will be worth-it. It’s been days since he got a fever because of stress, and even though Mark asked him to take some rest for a couple of days, the brunette still pushed that he has to prioritize more things.

“It’s too early to lose your sanity, Mr. Park.” A voice from behind called. Jinyoung was surprised that he almost tossed the papers to the air and let them land on random places. He didn’t bother to look back because he’s more than sure that it’s his boyfriend.  The statement was followed by a sweet giggle as the red-haired made his way to the couch. Mark placed 2 mugs of hot coffee on the table before sitting beside his man and claiming his lips for a swift morning kiss.

The younger smiled when their lips were no longer attached. “And it’s too early to drive me insane, Mr.Tuan.” Jinyoung cheekily replied as he watched the sheer blush creep up Mark’s face. He placed one more kiss on the elder’s lips before turning back to the thesis papers. It was a typical way for the two to start their daylights.  But today, Mark hated the fact that Jinyoung’s about to drown himself into another sea of school works. While him, he’s just going to sit beside his boyfriend and watch him do all the magic.

 

The brunette got two papers on both hands. “Nyong…” Mark calmly stated. The younger beamed and stared at the other; hands still on the papers. As Mark gazed at the younger’s face, there was no visible trace of grimace. It was like Jinyoung enjoys all of the work that he’s doing. He’s too relaxed. The elder just bowed and pouted cutely. “I’m sorry.” He mumbled, resting his head on Jinyoung’s shoulders.

“Sorry? For what?” the younger asked, confused.

Mark took a deep inhale. “Because…Because I can’t help you.” He sadly replied. The brunette smiled as the put the papers down on the table and wrapping his both arms on Mark’s figure. He planted a kiss on the elder’s forehead. “It’s okay, Markie. I can do this.” He assured. It’s all true; Jinyoung can surely finish all of it but it will take him a long time. But the younger would rather do it alone instead of passing the stress to Mark. “And by the way, thanks for the coffee.” He added and took the mug to make a sip.

The elder smirked. “No worries.” He answered. Jinyoung went back to his craft as Mark still rested beside him. They remained silent because Mark’s sure that it’s better to keep his mouth shut instead of making any noise that might distract the other. For an hour, the two just sat there; comfortably settled beside each other. At some point they would talk about things or Jinyoung would make surprise kisses on Mark’s forehead and on the tip of his nose. The red-haired kept his hold firm and still. The warmth of Jinyoung is very sufficient to remind him that no matter how busy the boy is, there’s still a remaining space made for him.

 

The next time that Mark glanced at the clock, it was already 10 o’clock in the morning. He realized that for the past 3 hours, he never felt bored or whatsoever. He grabbed his phone place between the empty mugs. He slowly swiped the screen lock and noticed that there’s a message for his friend, Jackson. Curious, Mark read it silently. After reading it, he looked at Jinyoung who was now typing some sentences on the laptop. “Nyong…” he shyly said.

Jinyoung kept his sight on the screen but he replied with a hum and a subtle beam. Mark scratched his nape. “Jackson said that he won in the fencing competition and he wants to treat the whole gang tonight. Can we join?” he cheered. Mark must admit, he’s quite certain that Jinyoung would decline but there’s no harm in trying, right? The brunette moved away from the laptop and stared at Mark before caressing his cheek.

“Sure! You can join, Mark. But as you can see, I can’t leave all of these. Just tell Jackson that I’m really happy for him.” Mark half-heartedly nodded. Atleast he didn’t expect too much. After several seconds, Mark offered to cook for lunch so that Jinyoung can eat and recharge. At that moment, Jinyoung realized how lucky he is with Mark. This is not the Mark Tuan that he met during the first day of the buddy system. Everything changed, positively.

 

 

It was already around 7’oclock in the evening when Jinyoung finished all the crap. Tired, he rested on the couch as the citrus scent of Mark’s shower gel fumed around the whole dorm. The younger smiled as the aroma helped him relax a bit. After few minutes, Mark stormed out of the bathroom with only a blue towel wrapped around his slim waist and Jinyoung just couldn’t help himself not to look.

Mark jokingly covered his upper body with his both hands. “Am I that hot?” he asked seriously but then followed by a series of chuckles. Jinyoung also laughed as Mark finally went inside their room to look for the clothes that he’ll be using for tonight’s gig. He wore a white shirt, jeans, a red cap and a comfy pair of kicks. The elder exited the room and went straight to the living area and sat on the couch; beside Jinyoung. He dabbed a generous amount of hair wax on his palm and applied some on his hair.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay here? I can back-out.” He offered without any hint of regret because truly, Mark would rather spend this night cuddling with Jinyoung under the sheets or watching some movies on the couch just to ease all the stress instead of going out. The younger helped in styling the elder’s hair. “I’m fine, Mark. Just call me if there’s any problem, okay? Take care. Have fun!” He replied.

Mark nodded. “I will. You too, call me if there’s something you need or if there’s something wrong. Take some rest. I love you.” He said before instantly attaching his lips against Jinyoung’s. “I love you too.” The younger replied. It didn’t take too long for Mark to leave the dorm and grab a cab towards the club that Jackson said.

 

 

He arrived at the place. Although clubbing isn’t a new thing for him, it feels so foreign at that moment. Maybe because it’s been weeks since he last went here. The usual banging music and blinding lights welcomed him. Later, the loud voice of Yugyeom called his attention. “Mark!” he yelled. The red-haired saw them immediately and rushed towards their table. He noticed the absence of Youngjae and Jaebum.

 

“Hey guys! Where’s Youngjae and Jaebum?” he asked after receiving a high five from Jackson, Yugyeom and Bambam. Jackson took a gulp on his drink. “Youngjae’s resting at his dorm. He’s too worn out with all the student council duties so Jaebum volunteered to take care of him.” It might sound odd, but Mark felt a weird sting in his heart. He hated the fact that he was there; he decided to party instead of taking care of Jinyoung. “Youngjae even insisted that Jaebum should come but he pushed his own side and stayed beside his baby.” Bambam added, which made Mark guiltier.  Am I a bad boyfriend? Yugyeom noticed the anxiety on Mark’s face. “Where’s Jinyoung hyung?”He intrigued.

Mark looked down, biting his lips. “He’s resting at the dorm.”

“And you’re not there?” Jackson asked as he motioned for the waiter to drop by their table. Mark nodded as his heart sunk. It made him feel bad knowing that he’s not beside Jinyoung in times when the younger needs some comfort while Jinyoung’s always next to him when he’s in pain. Jackson placed more orders and more servings of alcoholic drink as they switched the topic as well. All of a sudden, Bam began asking.  “How’s Jinyoung hyung as a boyfriend?”

Mark beamed. “He’s very loving, caring and sweet. Having Jinyoung is like earning an instant mother, best friend, teacher, entertainer and brother.” The race of his heart was no joke. It was really beating fast as he thought of all the things Jinyoung does for him. Mark gulped on his beer when Jackson cleared his throat.

“I’ll be honest with you, Mark. I liked Jinyoung ever since I met him. He’s one of a kind. I swear, I was in the midst of thinking if I should ask him out or not when you told me that you’re falling for him. You’re lucky, Mark. He’s a very good person.” The fencer declared which made the atmosphere lighter.  They giggled and laughed at the fact that Jackson also had feelings for Jinyoung. But right now, Jackson’s sure that those feelings we’re just friendly approaches.

 

Yugyeom followed and shared his thought afterwards. “That’s true. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jaebum hyung liked him too when Youngjae’s not yet in sight. They’re always together before, they’re inseparable. And many people say that they’re really compatible.” The youngest declared earning a curious look from Jackson and Bambam. Mark bit his lips and he made another heavy gulp of the beer. “How can you say that?” Bambam replied.

“Look, they’re both exchange students…” Yugyeom coughed and tried to speak again as the others anticipated every word. “They share the same interests, both are smart and they’re so alike! The only difference is that Jinyoung hyung isn’t a sporty one. Many students are rooting for them.” He continued.

The red-haired chose to stay silent and guarded his heart with a concrete wall. The words weren’t supposed to be that striking but in the end, all of it pained him. A couple of moments passed and all of them begun drinking most of the beers. Mark tried to spat all the worries away from his brain. After all,  Jinyoung chose him. Jinyoung loves him while Jaebum’s has Youngjae. But why was he feeling that way? It hurts to know that maybe he isn’t good enough for the younger.

 

The night continued. Mark acted normal. The 3 others went to the dance floor and started dancing wildly. As expected, the eldest declined the invitation and stayed at the couch for some beers. His mind was too clouded, not noticing that he already finished 4 bottles. No, he’s not insecure. Yes, he was. Even though he’s now friends with Jaebum, there’s still s chip of fear that Jinyoung would select his best friend over him. It was stated earlier that they’re very alike. It’s impossible not to fall for someone who shares the same thoughts as you. It made him feel like a total outcast in his boyfriend’s life.

 

 

It was now 12 in the midnight when the party music begun banging louder. 6 bottles down; Mark is still up and consumed with thoughts. He wanted to go home so bad and cry in Jinyoung’s arms until he feel better. Without any formal farewell, he left the club and trudged towards the unfamiliar dark streets. He’s half drunk and it made everything worst. After few minutes, Jackson went back from the dance floor and realized that Mark already left. It was totally okay for him but not when he saw the 6 empty beer bottles. 

 

Jinyoung laid on the bed; fully awake. He’s waiting for Mark. He really wanted to call the elder but he’s afraid that he might kill the vibe so he patiently waited. But it’s getting late and he’s starting to get worried. The brunette reached for his phone and dialled Yugyeom’s number. After a series of rings.“Jinyoung hyung!” a broken voice answered. The club music made the conversation harder. “Gyeom! How’s Mark?” he asked, trying to outshine the loud music from the other line.

Yugyeom moved away to look for a silent area. “Hyung, he went home an hour ago. He’s not yet there?”

Jinyoung felt a huge amount of worry in his heart and a lump on his throat. “N-No. Is that club far from my dorm?” he nervously asked while standing and looking for a decent pair of jacket. “It’s just a 15 minute ride, hyung. Try to call him.” The younger suggested. And by the moment Jinyoung agreed, he was now at the door of his dorm and walking out of the building.

 

He dialled Mark’s number but it’s busy. He felt more worried. His tired body continued to walk further. He also asked Jackson and Bambam for help. He felt so helpless especially when Jackson said that Mark consumed 6 bottles of beer. Jinyoung never felt this scared before but he’s positive that he’ll find Mark afterwards. He reached the club and saw the others. “What happened?”

“I don’t know, Jinyoung. He’s too sulky earlier. We went there…” he pointed the dance area. “to dance but Mark stayed here. Then when I came back, he’s no longer here.” Jackson said, dialling Mark’s number over and over again.

Jinyoung looked around, pale. “Sulky? Why? He’s so happy when he left the dorm.”

Yugyeom interrupted. “We don’t have any idea hyung.” The tension arise when they all left the club and decided to talk outside. Jaebum offered his help and left Youngjae for a while in his dorm. The baller arrived and calmed Jinyoung down. “Is there something that the 3 of you talked about?” Jaebum instantly asked as he scans the surroundings.

Bambam snapped. “Oh. The topic about Jaebum hyung and Jinyoung hyung!”

Startled, the pals looked at each other. “Guys! We all know that Mark’s oversensitive when it comes to those matters.” He hissed as the other remained silent and apologetic. Later they decided to split into groups for a more convenient search; Jack and Bam, Jaebum and Gyeom while Jinyoung went alone. It was now 1AM and the fear in the brunette’s heart just intensifies in every passing second without Mark in sight.

 

 

Mark took the dark streets with his face damp with his own tears. He’s lost but he never cared. He grabbed his phone and see that there’s no signal. Finally, he felt a little fear but still, he continued to conquer the scary streets. The feeling was really eerie. He walked faster when he heard loud footsteps near him. With a racing heartbeat, he walked as fast as he could. All he could do was to wish for his safety. Suddenly, a tip of a pointed object lightly got in contact with his side. He barely breathed. “Give me your phone, your wallet and your watch.” The man said.

Mark was badly trembling. He’s knees were somehow transformed to jelly. But before he could give his watch, a familiar voice from behind called. “Mark!” the man turned around to meet Jinyoung’s gaze. Mark remained frozen due to intense shock. Jinyoung threw a strong punch enough to bruise the man’s left eye. But the man hit Jinyoung’s cheek and that’s where Mark begun screaming and calling for help. They brawled for more seconds before Jaebum and Yugyeom arrived.  “Mark! Take Jinyoung home! We can finish this.” Jaebum assured with a sly smirk playing on his lips alongside with a grin on Yugyeom’s face. Mark grabbed Jinyoung off the scene as they took a cab home.

 

 

“Jae said that the bastard man was now in jail.” Jinyoung stated as Mark entered their room with an ice pack. The elder just nodded and placed the ice pack on Jinyoung’s bruised cheek. “Are you okay, Mark? Are you injured? Did he hurt you?” the younger added, reaching for Mark’s face and tilting it up. The red-haired bit his lips while the fresh tears roll down his eyes. The hug automatically happened. “I’m sorry, Jinyoung.” Mark murmured against Jinyoung’s chest.

The younger beamed. “It’s okay. I will always protect you, Mark.” He promised before kissing the elder’s forehead. “By the way, what’s troubling you?” he added.

Mark took a deep breath. “Jinyoung…Jinyoung, am I good enough for you?”

Jinyoung smiled and pulled Mark on his lap as he brushed the bangs off his face. “Of course you are! You’re more than enough. So don’t even think that I will leave you just because we don’t share the same interest, like the same movie or reach the same grade in trigonometry.” He chuckled. And it was all the guarantee that Mark needed to finally feel better again. He smiled and applied the ice pack back on the younger’s cheek.

 

“You still look good despite of that bruise. How strange!” Mark joked. Jinyoung smirked and kissed his plump lips. “You’re really weird!” He added while giggling.

The younger just smiled and placed another kiss wherein Mark became more responsive. “Blame your lips for being too damn kissable.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

an: HI GUYS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. TOO MUCH JINMARK FEELS FOR THE PAST DAYS IDK ANYMORE  HAHAHAHA. ANYWAY, THANK YOU FOR ANTICIPATING THE COMING CHAPTERS AND FOR THE FEEDBACKS! I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT! *HUGS* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.  AND ALSO THANK YOU FOR READING MY OTHER JINMARK FICS LOL I'LL MAKE MORE IN THE FUTURE! HAHAHAHAHA. SO YEAH FEEL FREE TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS! STAY SAFE GUYS! TILL NEXT TIME!! :)) LOVE Y'ALL! ☺♥