11.

Braving The Wild

warning; typos again. OTL

 

Mark woke up having a pair of lips against his own. He slowly widens his eyes despite of the drowsiness and tried to flash a sweet beam that gets Jinyoung’s heart every single time. The room was still dark and cold, but the younger’s presence in more than enough to make him feel warm. “Good morning, Mark.”  The other mumbled in between another swift peck. Mark wasn’t a morning person and he will never be, but considering the fact that he could always waking up like this, maybe sooner he might have a major alteration.

Mark’s smile grew bigger as Jinyoung begun showering his face with soft butterfly kisses. He shifted his position and sat closer to the other. “Good morning, Nyong.” He whispered, resting his head on Jinyoung’s broad shoulder while wrapping his arms around the boy’s physique. The brunette hugged him back. “Time for breakfast.” He declared after pressing another kiss on the elder’s forehead.  The red-haired nodded as he pulled the sheets off his body.  “What did you prepared?” he asked.

Jinyoung smiled and helped his lover fix their bed. “Waffles drizzled with nutella and some hash browns.”  Mark jumped in delight; those are his favorites. He instantly made the last fold on the blankets before enthusiastically dragging the younger out of their room like a hyperactive pre-school kid. They sat on the table and spend their usual mornings together. It was one of the things that money can never ever buy; mornings with his Jinyoung.

 

Tuesday; 3 days after their relationship officially started.  Jinyoung can say that he’s the happiest man on earth. Things are always good when he’s with Mark but suddenly, the good became better.  Having him in his life is one of the best decisions that he did. For the first 72 hours, he expressed all the love that he can give and he must say that he’ll never be tired of showing his love for Mark.

Mark feels the same; almost the same. Honestly, he’s the one who’s more into it. It’s not that Jinyoung was taking everything lightly but since the start, it’s always Mark who fell first. Throughout their friendship that now turned into relationship, his possessiveness towards the other never faded. He gets jealous easily, he’s touchier and he sometimes tends to be stubborn. Between him and Jinyoung, it’s obvious that he plays the girlfriend-material role.

 

The day at school ended up quickly because of an emergency meeting held by the teachers, which resulted to cutting all the classes and sending all the students home. It was still 11AM and most of the students decided to go. Mark and Jinyoung settled at the small bench near the field as they waited for Youngjae, who’s planning to conduct a survey for some student council matters. The sun’s heat is just enough; not too hot. The wind was cooling and fresh. The whole scene was just too peaceful.

 

“Hyung!” Youngjae called from afar, waving towards Jinyoung. The brunette smiled and waved back as the younger rushed towards them. Mark gave him a warm beam as well. “What took you so long, Youngjae-ah?” the red-haired intrigued, reaching for the folders on Youngjae’s arms.

The boy sighed and sat beside him. “The president asked me to organize some files. Sorry, Mark hyung.” He explained while catching his breath. Jinyoung passed him a bottle of cold water as he started answering the survey questionnaire. Mark replied a low ‘it’s okay’ before turning into his own papers. The whole survey thingy is about the project that the student council should pursue and as supportive hyungs, they volunteered to join the advocacy; lifting a bit of weight from Youngjae’s work.

 

They quietly sat there for 15 minutes. Mark finished first; probably just ticking random boxes. As expected, Jinyoung analysed each project and explained all the aspects to Youngjae. He should replace the student council president. He knows a lot. Mark thinks to himself with little smile plastered on his face. As soon as they’re done, the youngest bid goodbye and left. “Let’s go home?” Jinyoung asked before standing up and intertwining his fingers with Mark. The elder nodded.

They’re about to leave the area when a familiar voice echoed from behind. “Jinyoung!”

 

The younger turned around but Mark never bothered to move. He loathes that voice; even the owner of that voice. At was too sudden that Jinyoung called him back and took a step forward, dragging the red-haired. “Hi Jaebum!” he said cheerfully alongside with a wave. The raven-haired walked closer and hugged his best friend.

Mark felt his blood boil for the first time that day. Things are starting to turn over. Facing the opposite side, he can still see how Jaebum embraced his Jinyoung like he didn’t even notice their hands at all. He turned. He needs to make a move before it gets worse. He stared right into Jaebum’s dark orbs with pure hate and anger.  The basketball captain feels the tension but he’s not giving a single damn.

Jaebum smiled and pulled away. “Jinyoungie, can I ask you a favour?” he said. Mark eyed the two for a couple of seconds.  The younger titled his head. “Sure! What is it all about?” the other replied. No. I can’t be jealous. Jaebum is his best friend. Those words were like a song on repeat in Mark’s brain but it seems like it’s not working at all.

“I missed our past lessons in economics, trigonometry and physics because of the practices for the upcoming interschool game. Can you teach me?”

Jinyoung nodded in a split second. “No problem. Library?” And Jaebum agreed.

 

The eldest stood there, shocked. “We’re going home, Jaebum.” He interrupted and made a fail attempt to pull a clueless Jinyoung off the scene. Jinyoung pulled him back to his side. “Nyong! We’re going home!” he commanded, 50% angry and 50% scared. The brunette pouted and wrapped an arm around him. “But I have to help Jae-ah. Why don’t you join us?” Jinyoung proposed.

“Sounds good!” Jaebum added.

“Shut up, .” Mark hissed. He’s torn between joining the two for an intense study session and just spending his whole day sulking inside their room back at the dorm.  Maybe seeing Jinyoung with another guy pains him more so he’d rather stay at home. He trusts Jinyoung anyway. “I’ll just…I’ll go home. See you later, baby.” He half-heartedly added as he glanced to Jinyoung.

“Thank you, Markie. I hope you understand.  I’ll see you later! Take care. I love you.” Jinyoung whispered. They stared lovingly at each other. The brunette can see the amount of sadness in Mark’s eyes. But there’s nothing he could do. He’s not the type of person who takes his words back once they’re spilled.

Mark’s heart flutter despite of the worry. “I will. I love you too.”

 

 

 

Jinyoung arrived at 7PM. He saw Mark on the bed, sleeping deeply with his earplugs on. He’s just too tired to move at all but he noticed a wet patch on Mark’s pillow. At first, he thought it’s just saliva or sweat but as he moved closer, he confirmed that it’s not. The patch was aligned with his eye level. He cried? Jinyoung said to himself.  He also saw the sudden puffiness of his eyelids. Yes, Mark cried.

The brunette immediately placed as kiss on his temple before brushing his red bangs off his forehead. Jinyoung got the idea of checking the song that Mark’s listening despite of the truth that he’s sleeping.  He slides the screen lock and saw a song that made him beam despite of the gloomy situation.

 

►►Now playing // On repeat

That Should Be Me

Justin Bieber

 

He removed the ear plugs off his ears and wiped his damp eyes. The younger let out a small chuckle. I never thought that he’s a Belieber. Mark, all of a sudden, woke up and noticed Jinyoung’s presence. “Hey. What time is it? Are you hungry?” He asked while rubbing his eyes.

“Why did you cry? Is it because of Jaebum?”

Mark shook his head. “N-no. It’s not that. I just…I missed you. ” he denied.

Jinyoung grinned and pulled him into a hug. “I’m sorry. Oh, have you eaten? Come on, help me cook our dinner.” The red-haired nodded and followed. At least, he found his safe haven after a long, tiring day.

 

 

Next day, Wednesday. Jinyoung wasn’t able to join him for lunch as he helped Youngjae evaluate the results of the survey. Mark never bothered because it’s Youngjae. Sometimes, Mark would think that he and Jinyoung stands as Youngjae’s guardians inside their university. But still, the odd fact that Jaebum can always grab his man away tingled his brain.

 

Speaking of Jaebum… Jaebum arrived at the school cafeteria and Mark wasn’t able to control himself. He can’t afford to lose Jinyoung. He anticipated nervously until Jaebum was done with his meal. When he’s done, Mark followed him outside. “Im Jaebum!” he shouted. Jaebum turned around.

“Hey.”

The elder walked furiously towards him. “Stay away from Jinyoung.”

The raven-haired chuckled. “Is it because of what happened yesterday? I just asked for help! Come on, bro!”

“Stop calling me bro, you’re not my brother.” Mark protested. His brain was too wild and he’s getting quite impulsive. “Give me a concrete reason on why I need to stay away from my best friend.”  The other replied with a serious expression, hating Mark for all the drama.

Mark took a very deep inhale. “Because he hates you. He hates you so much. You’re too clingy and you keep on bugging him for help. He hates you because you’re adding more stress in his life. He can’t say it personally but that’s…that’s true. If you truly care for him, just stay away.”

 

And probably, telling all these lies is going to be the worst thing that Mark Tuan ever did in his entire life.

 

 

 

“What?! You did that?” Jackson said as he walked with Mark towards Jinyoung’s classroom to pick him up for dismissal. The elder just nodded, still confused as hell. The Hong Kong native face-palmed and stared at Mark who was totally troubled. “You dragged yourself into a huge mess, dude.” He gulped. Mark couldn’t agree more but it’s done. They both know that they can never turn back time.

The red-haired bit his lips. “I know! But that’s the only thing that could make him stay away from Jinyoung!” he elaborated as they near the designated room. 

“Let me remind you, they are best friends. I’m not saying that you’re not in the place to set them apart…or maybe I am. Whatever! But dude, it’s definitely a very, very wrong move.”

 

Mark remained silent as they stopped right in front of Jinyoung’s room. He’s expecting for Jinyoung to walk towards him and hug him but there’s none; not even a single glimpse. The boy was sitting at the chair near the window inside the empty room as he emotionlessly stared at the image outside. Sooner, he stood up and left the room, as if he didn’t saw Mark. Am I invisible?  His cold expression captured Jackson’s attention. “Good luck, dude.” He whispered and left a dumbfounded Mark.

 

 

 

They reached the dorms without a single word emitted. They didn’t hold hands because Jinyoung was walking way to fast. Mark was the first to enter the dorm; Jinyoung followed and slammed the door hard. The other jolted as a huge thump in his heart was felt. Jinyoung breathed heavily and tossed his bag on the couch. Mark proceeded to the kitchen and drank a glass of water with his trembling hands. “Jinyoung! What’s the p-problem?” he nervously asked.

The boy glared at him. “You’re asking me my problem? You, what’s your problem?” he said while ing his shirt, revealing his milky skin. Mark was startled, not because of the other’s glorious body but because of his words. “W-what are you--”

“Give me a hundred reasons why you have to do that! Mark, he’s my best friend!” Jinyoung said with his voice toned higher and slightly shaking; holding back his tears. “I don’t understand you!” he added.

The elder froze as a tear fell from his eyes. He saw this coming. “I’m your boyfriend, Jinyoung! It’s normal for me to get jealous.” He muttered.

 

Jinyoung wanted to wipe off the tear on the other’s face but he’s too upset to do it. “I know! But he just asked for help! He’s the only person that I relied on when I was still new in our school. I owe him a lot, Mark! And yes, you have all the right to be jealous! But not to the point that you have to ruin a friendship!” he spoke, finally breaking into sobs. “I thought you trust me.”

“I trust you, Jinyoung.” Mark managed to say between hiccups. It was getting too painful for him and he knows that it’s twice harder for Jinyoung. “I’m sorry. I’m just…sorry. I’m really sorry.” He begged but Jinyoung just shrugged it off and proceeded to the bathroom.

 

That night, Mark slept on the bed and Jinyoung slept on the couch. Their first argument; truly, a date to remember.

 

 

 

“Hyung, are you serious? Mark hyung did that?” Youngjae asked as he munched into his lunch. Today, he ate with Jinyoung inside the student council room as the older expressed his feels about what happened last night. Jaebum and Jinyoung are finally back to normal after a serious of talks that includes a lot of crying.  The brunette nodded. “Yeah. I’m so sad, Youngjae-ah.”

 

The younger stood up and hugged Jinyoung. For the whole day, the couple didn’t talk. Jinyoung left earlier but he left a breakfast for Mark. He also prepared Mark’s uniform; things that he does everyday. Jinyoung saw Mark from the window of his room for his second class; he was walking alone across the field.

 

“Mark hyung loves you so much. Sometimes we come up with decisions and we’re not fully aware if they’re helpful or harmful, positive or negative, good or bad. Because at some point, our brains stops working as our hearts do the talking. And for a person that’s deeply and truly in love, there’s no right or wrong especially it that will make his heart settle in peace.”

 

Maybe he’s right and Jinyoung wanted to thank Youngjae for tell him those things. He also wondered how a sophomore student knew more compared to a senior like him. “What should I do?” he weakly asked. Youngjae just patted his back smiled. “Try to understand him, hyung. Out of all the people here, you’re the one who knows him the most. Everything’s going to fine, hyung. Don’t worry. ”

Jinyoung nodded and thanked the younger. Unexpectedly, Jaebum went inside the room. “Mark apologized to me already.” He calmly said to his best friend. “I’m sorry if I caused too much trouble.” He added in a very low voice while looking down.

The brunette stood up and embraced his best friend. “No. It’s okay, Jae-ah.”

Jaebum smiled and pulled away, ruffling Jinyoung’s fluffy hair. “He talked to me this morning. You’re so lucky, Nyong. He loves you so much. I understand him. I hope you guys can fix this as soon as possible. Cause I might start to ship your couple.”

 

And they all laughed hysterically.

 

 

Jinyoung’s too positive about this. He trudged towards the rooftop, hoping that his boyfriend is there. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw the other starting at the scene before him. He silently walked and hugged Mark tightly from the back. “Can we talk?” he whispered softly and the red-haired nodded.

Mark turned around. “I’m so sorry, Jinyoung. I’m wrong. I’m really really sorry. I just thought of the crazy idea that you might leave me for --”

“I will never leave you, Mark. You know, it’s really hard for me to see you in pain but I know that we have to clear some things out.” He gently spoke while caressing the other’s cheeks.  The elder just pouted as he tried to hold his tear back. He’s just happy that Jinyoung completely understands his situation.

“I’m so sorry. I will never do it again, I promise!”

Jinyoung beamed and hugged him again. “It’s okay. Jealousy sometimes is also a good thing; it reminds me of how much you love me. I love you, drama queen!” and he pinched his cheeks.

Mark hit his chest in a playful way. “I love you too, Nyong. Come on! Let’s go on a café! My treat! Bring Youngjae…” the red-haired declared as he dragged Jinyoung. “And Jaebum too.” He added with a fair grin which made the younger giggle.

 

“Finally! My best friend and my girlfriend…I mean my boyfriend are now friends!”  The brunette happily shouted.

 

Park Jinyoung is so happy that he could finish answering all the exercises in his trigonometry workbook.  Very happy, indeed. 

 

 

 

a/n; Hey guys! Kinda angsty chap yey hahahaha. honestly, angst is my forte lol but idk all of a sudden i started writing fluff bcs jinmark's too cute to handle hahahahhaha anyway please dont hate me XD IM IN SO MUCH PAIN BCS OF THE KABEDON PICTURE OMFG THE FEELS MY KOKORO IS GOING SKJDKJSHDGHJFGJSDHGFJSHDGJFSH . THANK GOD FOR JINMARK MOMENTS MY ENTIRE LIFE IS COMPLETE.  Anyway, i just want to inform y'all that i MIGHT be on hiatus for the coming week due to health issues :\ it's not too serious tho~ don't worry! I just need to take some medications and rest (*w*)/ the updates of BTW (braving the wild) and Ad Infinutum MIGHT be delayed as well but i'll try to be online here atleast once a day :)) I hope y'all understand :D So that's it for now! Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much! Stay safe, Love y'all! ☺♥