Chapter 3

Married Life

"Dear Jessica, I am an old friend of yours. I was hoping if we can meet up one day and hang out. In case you still don't know who I am, I am..."

Jessica sat there frozen after she read the entire email. After all of these years, she thought that she would never hear from from this person again. The last time she had heard anything from this person was back in 12th grade. 

Jessica couldn't take it anymore. How could this person just appear into her life again and ask to meet up? Right now, she just wanted to clear her head so she left her office and walked down the stairs and leaves the house to take a walk, hoping to clear her head.

Since Jessica left so fast, she forgot to exit the email, turn her computer off, and shut her office door.

A few minutes later, Nicholas walked into the office with an unreadable expression. He was confused to why his mama left so quickly. She always closes the door to her office before she leaves and she never leaves the house this early in the morning in pajamas.

Nicholas knew to never enter his mama's office but he was curious to why she looked so angry and why she left so he decided to do a little snooping around. He was Jessica's child after all since she was just like him when she was a teenager.

He walked straight to her desk and saw the email on the computer.

He read it.

"Dear Jessica, I am an old friend of yours. I was hoping if we can meet up one day and hang out. In case you still don't know who I am, I am Gyuri Park. Call me or text me. Here's my number. It's XXX-XXX-XXXX. Love Gyuri."

Nicholas frowned. 
 

Who was this woman emailing his mama. This woman was an old friend of his mama?  Then why did the email sound so flirtatous unlike the other emails that her mama received? And Love Gyuri? WTH!

Nicholas felt that this woman was bad news and he didn't like it.

Later that day, everyone was up and having breakfast. Jessica and Nicholas had been quiet the entire time while everyone else chatted among themselves.

Tiffany knew that something was wrong with her wife and her son but decided to let them handle everything themselves. If they had any issues, they can either talk to her about it or deal with it themselves. She wasn't going to force them to tell her.

"Bella, can I pwey with you and Gwabe?" asked Avery.

Isabella smiles and nods.

"Sure Aves." Isabella says.

"Bell and I were going to go to my room and dance. Do you want to come with us?" Gabriel asked Avery who nodded excitedly.

"Jessi, are you okay?" asked Tiffany.

Jessica nodded but Tiffany didn't believe her.

"I know something's wrong but I won't force you to tell me. Just know that I'm here if you need me." Tiffany says, before standing up and putting her plate cup into the sink then walking up the stairs.

Jessica sighs knowing that Tiffany was just worried about her.

"I'm going to go meet a friend. Behave yourself and take care of your mommy for me, okay?" she says to her kids.

"Sure mama." her kids all says before they go back to eating. 

Jessica sighs once more and heads out the door.

After his mama left, Nicholas turns to Gabriel and Isabella.

"Did you guys see what mama sent to that Gyuri woman?" he asked them.

Nicholas payed his brother and sister to spy on his mama because he needed to make sure that this woman won't come in between his parents and break up the family.

"Mama didn't email or text the woman." Isabella says. "She talked to her on the phone."

"What did she say?" Nicholas asked.

"She said something about going to meet her for coffee after breakfast and that she missed her or something." Isabella answered.

"Is mama going on a date?" asked Gabriel, frowning.

"I don't know." Nicholas says, feeling upset. His mama can't be going on a date.

"But mama is married to mommy! It can't be a date!" Isabella argued.

"She's cheating then?" asked Gabriel.

"Not sure but it's probably not a date. Maybe they're just friends." says Nicholas.

"If you say so." Gabriel sighs before he stands up.

Aiden and Avery looked at the three other kids in confusion.

"What are they talking about, Avery?" asked Aiden.

Avery shrugs.

"I don't know. I is only three." Avery says.

 

**

 

Jessica sat inside Starbucks with Gyuri who was sitting across from her.

"I see that you still look gorgeous even after.. you know what." Gyuri says with a smirk which made Jessica just want to wipe that stupid smirk off of her face by punching her.

"Oh? Is that why you called me me here? To compliment my beauty Park?" Jessica sarcastically remarks.

"Of course not, Jung. I just wanted to see how you've been doing with your life." Gyuri says.

"My life is good. Actually, my life is terrific! I have a beuatiful wife and 5 children and I'm a top lawyer." Jessica explains.

"Lawyer huh? You don't seem like the type to sit and read books." said Gyuri.

Jessica rolls her eyes.

"Let's not just talk about me. What about you? How's you life been?" she asked.

"Well after highschool, I went to nursing school then moved to South Korea where I did my internship and now I'm officially a full time nurse. I'm dating a doctor right now." Gyuri answered.

"A nurse dating a doctor huh.. so orginal." Jessica smirks.

"How about you? Still with Hwang? What is she? A waitress!"

"Hey!" Jessica hissed. "For your information, Tiffany is the world's top famous singer and we're married!" she exclaims.

"Psh! Damn you high school sweethearts. However, I always knew that she loved you and will never kick you out of her life even after you got yourself knocked up." Gyuri says as if it was nothing.

". I was !" Jessica scoffed.

"Whatever."

"And you made my life a living hell, Park! I still hate you! If I can turn time back, I would've kicked your a long time ago!" 

"Lucky for me, you were pregnant." Gyuri smirks.

Jessica glared at the woman.

"As much as I'd love to start another fight with you, I still have to stay alive if I want my wedding to take place." said Gyuri.

Jessica gasped in surprise.

"Y..You're engaged?"

Gyuri nods.

"He proposed to me 2 months ago." she smiled.

"C..Congratulations.. " says Jessica making Gyuri roll her eyes.

"What?" asked Jessica, confused.

"Did you actually think that I was never going to get married?" Gyuri laughs.

"You were never the committed type." said Jessica.

"Because you kind of stole my dream guy from me." said Gyuri.

"Why do you like him anyways? He me! I did not steal him! I didn't even like him!" Jessica said outloud.

"I don't know. I just found him attractive." said Gyuri.

"Of course you did." Jessica says.

To sum everything up, Gyuri and Jessica had been best friends along with Tiffany. Tiffany and Jessica were girlfriends. Gyuri was the senior class president while Tiffany was the head cheerleader and Jessica was the captain of the girls' soccor team. Gyuri had a crush on the guy who Jessica when he transferred to their school during junior year but Gyuri was always jealous of Tiffany because she thought that the guy liked her but then after summer break when they were seniors, Gyuri found out from the jocks that her crush or slept with Jessica so she was beyond pissed and jealous. She spreaded the rumor that Jessica was a cheater and a who opened her legs her anyone who wanted her and that broke their friendship. Gyuri was a in high school and made Jessica's life a living hell. Jessica even gave up her spot as captain of the soccor team and she also got kicked off the team as well.

"He's still attractive though." Gyuri says.

"How would you know?" asked Jessica, not that interested.

"I saw him a few weeks ago when I was shopping at the mall in New York. He asked me out but I said that I was married." Gyuri shrugs.

"At least he didn't you. I told him I had a girlfriend and he dragged me into the back of his truck and me." Jessica scowls.

"I don't know if that was an insult or a compliment." Gyuri stated.

Jessica sighs.

"I should probably head home now. Tiff is going to get worried." she say as she stands up.

"When is she never worried about you?" Gyuri stands up, too.

"True. Anyways, It was nice hanging out with you." Jessica says.

Gyuri nods.

"It feels like old times, right?" she says.

"Yeah, it does." Jessica answered.

Gyuri hesitated but quietly says, "I'm sorry for what I've done to you in high school."

Jessica smiles at her.

"I forgive you. What's in the past is in the past. So... we're friends again?" she asked and opened up her arms.

Gyuri looked at Jessica then she rolled her eyes but hugs Jessica anyways.

"Friends." she whispers while smiling.

 
**
 
 
That night in bed, Jessica was sitting behind Tiffany who was in between her legs. They were in the bathtub together. 
 
Tiffany rested her on Jessica's front while Jessica hugged her from behind humming a tune to a song.
 
"Tiff? Can I tell you something?" Jessica asked.
 
"What is it, Jessi?" 
 
"I was acting quiet in the morning because of the email I was sent and the person who sent it was Gyuri but don't worry, she didn't say anything bad or spread any rumors this time." Jessica chuckles as Tiffany nodded and waited for Jessica to continue. "Gyuri wanted to meet up and so I called back and we met at Starbucks. We talked for hours about our lives and she apologized for being a to me in high school. I told her that I forgave her and we're friends now." Jessica says, happily.
 
"That's wonderful, honey." Tiffany says, pleased at how mature Jessica was being.
 
"I told her that we're married and that we have kids and that I was a lawyer and that you are a singer and she told me that she's 2 months engaged to a doctor and that she's a nurse." said Jessica.
 
"A nurse? Yup, that does sound like Gyuri. Even though she was a bully, she did help treat our wounds when I got injured from practices." said Tiffany, smiling.
 
"Yup, and I found out the Nicholas's father lives in NY." said Jessica making Tiffany frown.
 
"Well, I now know what city we have to avoid." Tiffany mumbled.
 
"Apparently, he's still attractive."
 
"Jessi!"
 
"What? I'm just saying what Gyuri said to me. I mean I never found him attractive because only you're attractive to me!" Jessica teased.
 
" up. You did find him attractive before and to be honest, he's not bad looking." Tiffany says.
 
"Well, he was until he me. Now all I see is a big monster." Jessica says.
 
"If he's the monster then what am I?" Tiffany asked.
 
Jessica smiles.
 
"You're my savior. You saved me when I felt like giving up on everything including my life." she whispered into Tiffany ears.
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
A/N: Yay! Double update! How was this chapter guys? Ready for more?