Chapter 10

Married Life

[June 22nd, 2017]

After nine months of labor, Tiffany was finally about to give birth.

Here she was laying on the hospital bed with Jessica standing on her side, holding her hand. The doctor and nurses stood in front of her, and her father and brother were also present in the room.

Tiffany screamed as she pushed her baby boy out. The doctor passed the baby boy to the nurse to have him cleaned and wrapped, and now it was time for Tiffany to push her baby girl out of her womb.

"It hurts so bad!" Tiffany screamed. 

"It'll be over soon, babe. Just breathe in and out with me. Hee.. huu.. hee.. huu.." Jessica says and Tiffany copies her.

"Miss Jung-Hwang, I'll need you to give me another big push." said the doctor.

Tiffany squeezed Jessica's hand and pushed. She felt really tired, but she kept pushing.

After 5 minutes, cries were heard. The baby was out.

Tiffany breathed in and out, feeling tired and sleepy.

Jessica bends down and kisses Tiffany's forehead.

"You did it, Tiff." she says.

"Here are your twins." said the nurses, handing Tiffany Gabriel then handing Jessica Isabella.

Tiffany smiled as she looked down at her son.

"Hey baby boy, I'm your mommy.. " she says softly. Gabriel stared at her with his brown eyes.

Jessica, who held Isabella smiled happily. This was her daughter, hers and Tiffany's first daughter. She then looked over at her wife and her son and smiled at how cute they were. She sat down beside Tiffany on the bed.

"They're so cute, Tiff." Jessica says as she stares at the twins.

"I know." said Tiffany as she looks over at Isabella, who was looking at her.

Minutes later, Nicholas came running in.

"Nic, say hi to your baby brother and sister." said Jessica.

"Hi babies." said Nicholas softly.

Nicholas smiles before he looked at his mothers.

"I'm going to be the bestest big brother ever!" he stated proudly.

"Of course you are, baby." Jessica chuckles as she ruffles his hair.

"Jessi, let's take a family picture." said Tiffany, yawning.

Jessica grinned at the idea.

"Nic, come sit in between mommy and me." she says and Nicholas climbed on the bed and settled in between his mothers.

Jessica scooted closer to her family with Isabella in her arms.

Tiffany, who held Gabriel, smiled at her brother who had the camera in his hands.

He snapped a couple of pictures of the family.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Present Time..

The rest of the Jung-Hwang family sat in the waiting room at the hospital, while Isabella was in the emergency room.

Tiffany had Aiden in her arms, while Jessica had Avery in her arms. Nicholas sat across from them as he had an arm over Gabriel, who was looking down at his hands. 

They had been at the hospital for almost 4 hours.

When Isabella was brought into the emergency room, they had her have an ultra sound test and gave her an x-ray on her abdominal. They even did a blood examintaion on her. After that, they told Jessica and Tiffany that Isabella had to get surgery. Apparently, it was appendictis. 

Tiffany texted her father and brother about it and they said that they were going to come by later.

"Mrs. Jung-Hwang?" asked the doctor.

Tiffany puts Aiden on the seat and Jessica puts Avery down on the seat, too. Then, they both got up and walked over to the doctor.

"We're Mrs. Jung-Hwang, Isabella's mothers." Tiffany says.

"The surgery was a success. We successfully removed the appendix before it ruptured, and Isabella was moved to her own private room just like what you requested. You may visit her now. She's resting in room 10A." said the doctor.

Jessica and Tiffany both sighed in relief.

"Thank you." said Jessica, before she and Tiffany walked over to their four children.

"Hey guys, let's go see your sister." said Jessica.

They all went to room 10A and saw Isabella sleeping soundly on the bed.

Tiffany fixed Isabella's blanket, while Jessica told the kids to all sit down.

"Since Isabella just had a surgery. In order for a full recovery, make sure she has plenty of rest and eat at every meal. Have her drink lots of water and take antibiotics. We have her on pain killers right now to reduce the pain, and yes, she can eat that, too. Do you ladies have any questions?" the doctor asked.

Jessica nods.

"Can she still go to school?" she asked.

The doctor nods.

"Yes, she can. Just make sure to tell her teacher that she cannot do extreme physical activities. I know the kids have P.E. so I'll write a note for you ladies to give to her teacher. Have her avoid doing push-ups, curl ups, stretches, runnings, and so forth for a month or two." said the doctor.

"Okay. Thanks Dr. Smith." says Jessica.

"You're welcome." said Dr. Smith.

Once he left the room, Jessica looked over at Tiffany, who motioned her to come to her.

After Jessica walked over to Tiffany, she hugged her and leaned her head against Tiffany's.

"I feel so relieved." Jessica says, quietly as she looked at the sleeping Isabella.

"Me too." says Tiffany, smiling.

30 minutes later, Mr. Hwang and Leo came to the hospital to see Isabella. After half an hour, Nicholas and Avery went home with Mr. Hwang, while Aiden and Gabriel went with Leo to his house.

Another hour later, Isabella starts to wake up.

"M..Mommy.." she says softly. was dry.

Tiffany was sleeping on the couch with Jessica. Hearing her daughter's voice, she wakes up and immediately got up. She walks over to Isabella.

"What is it, honey?" she asked, while running her fingers through Isabella's dark hair.

"I..I'm thirsty." Isabella mumbles. "And I feel funny." she says.

"That's because you just had surgery, Bella." Tiffany says.

"Oh.. are we in the hospital?" asked Isabella.

Tiffany nods.

"Yes.. Want me to wake mama up?" she asked.

Isabella nods.

"Jessi. Jessi. Wake up. Bella's awake." Tiffany says, while shaking Jessica.

Jessica opened her eyes and yawned, as she sat up.

Her eyes lit up when she saw her daughter awake, so she stood up and walked over to her daughter. Then she gently hugged her.

"How do you feel, baby?" she asked.

"I feel weird. My tummy hurts." says Isabella.

"Maybe we can ask the doctor to get you more pain killers." said Jessica.

"Jessi, I'm going to go get us all something to eat and drink, and I'll inform the nurses that Isabella has woken up." said Tiffany.

She hugged Isabella and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Then she kissed Jessica before leaving the room.

Jessica pushed the chair next to Isabella's bed and sat down on it.

She held the nine year old's hand tightly.

"Mama, where's Gabe, Avey, Aiden, and Nic?" asked Isabella, looking tired.

"Well, Nicholas and Avery are spending the night with your grandfather, and Gabriel and Aiden are with your uncle Leo." Jessica answered.

"When can I go home?" Isabella asked.

"I don't know, Bella. We have to wait until the doctor says it's okay for you to go home." said Jessica.

"Okay." Isabella sighs.

Then Dr. Smith and his assistant nurse walked in the room.

"Isabella! It's good to see that you're awake!" said Dr. Smith, smiling.

"Mr. Jung-Hwang, we'll just need Isabella to stay overnight to run some tests and then she'll be free to leave tomorrow." he says.

Jessica nods and smiles at Isabella.

"I also prescribed Isabella's medications and you can pick them up at the bottom floor after Isabella gets checked out." Dr. Smith stated.

"Thank you." Jessica says.

"We just want to ask Isabella some questions." says Dr. Smith before his assitant nurse hands him a clipboard and a pen.

Jessica decided to step out for a bit, but she stood close to the door in order to listen to what the doctor and her daughter were talking about.

"Why are you standing out here, Jessi?" asked Tiffany, who came back with a bag of food and drinks in the hands.

"I just wanted to get some fresh air and Dr. Smith is now asking Isabella some questions. Don't worry. I'm listening to them to make sure that the questions are appropriate to be asked." Jessica reassured.

Tiffany nods.

Soon the doctor leaves the room and Jessica and Tiffany walked back into the room.

"Bella, I brought us some food." said Tiffany, smiling.

"Yay! I'm really hungry and thirsty." Isabella pouts.

Tiffany laughs before setting the food down onto the table in front of Isabella.

"Your mother and I don't really like hospital food, so I decided to drive to subway. Here you go. I got you a six inch ham and cheese sandwich and here's a bottle of milk." said Tiffany. Isabella nods and thanks her mom before opening the small bottle of milk and drinking it.

"Jessi, I bought a six-inch toasted tuna sandwich, which has lettus, mayo, and swish cheese. And I also bought six-inch ham sandwich with lettus, cheese, mayo, tomatos, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Which one do you want?" asked Tiffany, already knowing that Jessica will pick the tuna sandwich like always.

Jessica looked back and forth between the two variety of sandwiches before making up her mind.

"Um.. I'll have the tuna sandwich." said Jessica before taking the sandwich and unwrapping it.

She took a bite and moaned in delight.

"This is so good~" she says, happily.

Tiffany laughs before unwrapping her sandwich and eating it.

She then passed a bottle of Coco Cola to Jessica, who took it.

"Thank you, Tiff." Jessica smiles.

Tiffany returns the smile.

"No problem, Jessi." she says.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

The next day, Isabella was finally discharged from the hospital. Before they went home, they went to get Isabella's medication.

Tiffany carried Isabella to the car and buckled her in. Isabella was really light and small for a nine year old. Matter of fact, all of their kids were small. Nicholas is short for his age, but it didn't matter. It was probably because he hasn't hit his growth spurt yet, or started purberty, but Jessica and Tiffany could see that he was growing taller and taller each day. He used to be the shortest boy in all of his classes, but now he wasn't. He's still not the tallest boy in school, but he's not the shortest either. Also, he's still very skinny.

Tiffany and Jessica entered the car.

Jessica was driving.

"How do you think the kids are behaving?" asked Jessica, referring to their other children.

Tiffany shurgs.

"I hope they are behaving well." she answered.

Jessica nods, "I hope so, too."

"Mama, are we going home?" asked Isabella, while was looking out the window.

Jessica responds, "Not yet, Isabella. We're going to go to your uncle Leo's house first."

"Are we going to pick up Gabe and Aiden?" asked Isabella.

"Yes." says Jessica.

Isabella didn't ask any more questions afterwards.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

They finally went home after picking up Gabriel and Aiden from Leo's, and picking up Nicholas and Avery from Mr. Hwang's home.

The children were all lying on the queen size mattress, as they watched a movie.

Tiffany finally called her manager and apologized. She and her manager talked everything over, and she was going to go down to the studio to record more songs.

Jessica was in her office. She was on her computer, but she wasn't doing any work. In fact, she was actually looking up Sunny Lee's profile, and she was trying to find a way to contact her. Yes, she still hasn't forgotten about what Sunny did, and she wants to call her up and discuss some important matters with the woman.

Suddenly, she received an email from Gyuri.

From Gyuri

To: Jessica

Hey Sica, I just contacted Taeyeon and she gave me Sunny's number. It's (XXX) XXX-XXXX.

Jessica's furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

Why the h*ll does Taeyeon have Sunny's number?

Jessica shrugged the confusion off and puts on a serious expression as she dialed Sunny's number and waited for the woman to pick up the call.

Minutes later, someone answered.

"Hello?" a woman's voice was heard asking.

"Hello. Is this Sunny Lee?" asked Jessica, as she leaned back against her chair and stared at the image of Sunny and Tiffany kissing.

"Yes, this is Sunny. Who's this?" asked Sunny, sounding confused.

Jessica smirked.

"This is Jessica." she answered in confidence.