Chapter 8

Married Life

[February 28th, 2027]

It's been a couple of hours since the kids came home from their camping trip. At first none of the kids suspected that anything was wrong with their parents until something strange happened. That was when they noticed that their parents were acting strange.

*Flashback*

"F.Fany-ah.. do you want pancakes, too?" asked Jessica as she handed Aiden his pancakes.

Tiffany shrugs while looking straight forward as if she wasn't even listening.

"I..I'll make you some, okay?" Jessica says as she walks back to the stove.

Tiffany didn't reply.

Nicholas cleared his throat and looked at his mom.

"Mommy, is something wrong?" he asked her.

Tiffany shrugs again, not saying anything and it made Nicholas and his siblings all puzzled. Their mommy was never this quiet and she would usually talk to them as they eat.

Aiden raised his eyebrow and looked at his older brothers who nodded their heads.

Aiden gulps before he purposely poured a bunch of syrup all over his pancakes then he looked at his mommy, waiting for her to scold him but she never did. All she did was stare blankly straight ahead.

"Mommy look." Aiden says.

Tiffany glanced over and looked away again, not saying anything.

Then just as Jessica walked back with a fresh made pancakes, Tiffany got up and walked away.

Jessica looked at her wife sadly before she sat down on the chair and slowly ate her pancake.

*End of flashback*

Jessica was going to apologize right now. She misses her wife and she wanted to be forgiven.

When she walked to their room, she saw Tiffany sitting on the bed watching tv.

"Tiff, can we talk?" she asked.

Tiffany nods hesitatedly.

Jessica took a seat in front of Tiffany and held her hand as she spoke.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for going out to get coffee with Vanessa and letting her flirt with me." Jessica stops and looks at Tiffany who clenched her jaw. "It wasn't a date to me but it might have been for Vanessa. Look what I'm trying to say is that I never meant to hurt you and Vanessa kissed me. I pushed her away because the only one I want to kiss is you. I also slapped her." Jessica says.

"So you're apologizing for hurting me? Not for going out with her?" Tiffany whispered as she clenched her hands into a fist.

"That's not what I meant!" Jessica exclaims.

"You did! You just admitted that you let her flirt with you! You enjoyed the attention so don't say that you didn't!" Tiffany hissed angrily.

"I'm allowed to make mistakes, Tiff! And I'm sorry if I caused you so much pain that you went and got drunk! Here I am trying telling you that I'm sorry and the only one I want to be with is you but you aren't letting me!" Jessica yells.

"Stop yelling at me!" Tiffany yells back.

"Then stop being such a baby!" Jessica retorts.

"Then why don't you stop being such a cheater!" Tiffany shouts before she threw the blankets off of her and got off the bed and started to change her clothes.

"And where do you think you're going?" asked Jessica as she stared at Tiffany change her clothes and puts on her shoes.

"Out!" Tiffany answered as she grabbed her car keys and purse then she stormed out of the room.

"Hey!" Jessica yells as she follows Tiffany down the stairs.

"So this is how it's going to be?! We fight and you leave? Really?!" Jessica was frustrated.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and opened the door.

"You're not leaving!" Jessica shouts as she grabs Tiffany by the wrist.

Tiffany glares at Jessica. 

"Let go of me!" she shouts as she pulls free from Jessica's tight grip.

"Where are you going?!" Jessica asked loudly.

"Away from you!" Tiffany says angrily.

"But I need you-" Jessica was cut off by Tiffany who laughs.

"You need me? Don't lie.. you never needed me.. face the truth, Jessica! You basically raised the kids all on your own when I was on my world tours! All I ever done was provide money for the family which you can do on your own! You don't need me!" Tiffany exclaims.

"I do need you!" Jessica yells.

"You need someone who'll take you out on dates. You need someone who will be there for you. You need someone who isn't broken like me.. face it.. all you need is someone who's there for you.. I'm not that person.." Tiffany says as she bites her lower lip and looks down at her toes.

"W..What are you trying to say?" Jessica asked as she trembles, fearing that she might know what Tiffany is going to say next.

"I..I think we need to take a break from each other.. like seperate for a while. I can't breathe. I can't think right when you're here. You have this affect on me. I can't.. I just can't deal with it anymore.." Tiffany sniffs, trying hard to not burst out in tears.

However, Jessica was far from that. She was already sobbing terribly.

"Y..You want to divorce me? Please.. you can't.. I need you.. the kids needs you.. don't leave me, Fany. I'm really sorry.. I don't need anyone else but you.. don't leave me." Jessica begged.

"I..I'm not going to divorce you.. but I'm not going to stay here either, Jessica." Tiffany says, refusing to look up.

"I..I understand.." Jessica says. "Then where are you going?" Jessica asked. 'Please don't say bars or any random strangers place.'

"I don't know.. M..Maybe my fathers place.. but I'll come tomorrow to take Gabriel, Isabella, and Aiden to school." Tiffany responds.

"O..Okay.." Jessica says as she wipes her tears.

"I..I'm going now.. Bye Jessica." Tiffany says and for the first time in their lives, Tiffany didn't hug Jessica.

"Bye Fany.." Jessica sobs as she watched Tiffany walk out the house and to her car.

She watched as Tiffany got into her car and drove down the street.

Jessica turned around and saw all five of her children sitting on the staircase.

They all looked confused and upset.

Nicholas had Avery on his lap. Isabella was sitting next to Aiden on the steps behind Nicholas and Avery. Gabriel was standing next to Aiden while holding a basketball in his hand.

"Why were you two fighting?" Nicholas asked as he felt confused and upset.

Jessica didn't know how to respond.

She sniffed and wiped her tears but her eyes and nose were red.

"It's just some adult things, Nic." Jessica answered.

"You hurt mommy! I know you did because I heard mommy crying earlier in the bathroom and I heard you say that Vanessa kissed you!" Aiden screams angrily at his mama.

All of the other four kids were shocked and disappointed.

Avery's eyes started to become teary.

"Mama! You is bad!" she started to cry and it broke Jessica's heart knowing that she had disappointed her family. 

"Avery.. I.." 

"Mama, are you and mommy getting divorce?" asked Isabella quietly as she held onto Aiden's hand tightly as he hid his face in her chest.

"No Isabella.. We're not getting a divorce." Jessica answered.

"Well this feels like a divorce to me!" Nicholas angrily shouted.

"Don't raise your voice at me, young man!" Jessica raised her voice which made Nicholas glare at her.

"I want mommy!" Gabriel sobbed.

"Me too!" Aiden shouts as he stood up and ran upstairs to his room.

Nicholas gave his mom a glare before he picked Avery up and walked upstairs, too.

Jessica saw that the twins were the only ones who didn't leave.

Isabella was a smart girl.

She was disappointed in her mama but she also knew that she didn't know the entire story and what really happened. Her mama was sad and she wasn't going to let her cry alone.

Gabriel on the other hand just couldn't find himself leaving. He wants to but he was too upset to move.

"Mama, I'm not mad at you.." Isabella says as she stands up and walks over to her mama and hugs her.

Jessica hugs back.

"Thank you." says Jessica.

"Is mommy going to come back?" she asked.

Jessica looked at her daughter then to his son who was standing at the staircase.

"She is.. she's coming to take you to school tomorrow." Jessica answers.

"Okay mama. I love you." Isabella whispered.

"I love you, too, Bella." Jessica whispered back as she kissed Isabella's head.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Gabriel walk upstairs with the basketball still in his hand.

 

 

**

 

 

"Dad.. I don't know what to do anymore.." Tiffany says while she lies on the couch and stares at the ceiling.

"Stephanie, I really can't make any decision for you since this is your life but please do think about your decision wisely. Remember, you have children who loves you and they need you. I know that Jessica made a bunch of mistakes but anyone can tell that she's crazily in love with you and I know that you still love her. So, just follow your heart." Tiffany's father, Harry, says.

"I'm trying but it's so hard and confusing. It's like that song from Whitney, "It's not right, but it's okay." I don't even know what I want anymore.. I want to be happy but I know that I'm not right now. What if the song is right? What if being single will make me happier than being in married? Is that even possible?" asked Tiffany, feeling so lost.

Harry doesn't know the answer himself.

"I don't know, Steph. I've been single for so long after your mother passed away and I'm still okay. I mean I'm happy with my life now but I was even more happy when she was still here." Harry explained.

Tiffany took a breath.

"I..I don't think I want to divorce." she says and Harry nods. "but I can't stand seeing Jessica right now." Tiffany says.

"I understand, honey, and I'm not even gonna ask what she had done this time." Harry says.

 

 

**

 

 

The next day Tiffany went back home and took the kids to school. When they saw her, they all hugged her tightly, crying. She missed them, too, but she knew that she needed to change herself. Seeing how they all reacted when they saw her, she knew that she needed to be in their lives more than she has.

Driving around town just to get away from everything, she made a call to her manager.

"I'm done with everything." was all she said before she hung up. 

If she had to give up her career just to rescue her spot in the family, she'll do it without any thought. This is the only way she'll be able to stay home with her family. She's going to go back home and make up with Jessica. She's going to be there for them.

 

 

**

 

 

Jessica was beyond happy that she and Tiffany made up and were not going to get a divorce. She wouldn't be able to live if they ever splited up. Tiffany was her motivation to continue to live. She's not going to let anyone mess this up between them.

 

 

**

 

 

It's been almost two month and Jessica has noticed that late at night Tiffany would randomly get up and leave bed and she wouldn't come back until 6am in the morning to sleep, and during the day, Tiffany would stare off into space. Jessica noticed that Tiffany would disappear during lunch and sometimes, she would skip meals. Furthermore, whenever Jessica asked Tiffany how work was, Tiffany would shrug and walk off.

Jessica wasn't the only one who has noticed that something was off about her wife. Her children also noticed a change in their mother.

Nicholas noticed that Tiffany would give him a small smile whenever he greeted her but the smile never met her eyes and when he came home early or late from school, she never even noticed that he was there. One time, he asked to go to a party and all she did was nod when usually, she would ask a bunch of questions about where he was going and who was having a party just like his mama but she didn't. All she said was "Okay." She didn't even give him a curfew!

Gabriel remembered asking his mommy if she was going to sing in her studio but she said that she was tired. He never saw her going to down to the basement anymore. She was always upstairs, out, or with the family but when she was hanging with them, she would be awfully quiet.

Isabella noticed how skinny her mommy has gotten. She looked sick but Isabella didn't want to say anything. She remembered asking Tiffany for help on her homework but Tiffany told her to ask Jessica for help because she wasn't feeling well. Then the next morning Tiffany was dressed up in shorts and a t-shirt and running shoes. Her hair was tied into a pony tail and she had a bottle of water with her. Isabella remembered asking her mommy what she was doing and Tiffany replied, saying that she was going for a jog around the block which doesn't take that long but Tiffany never came back until 3 hours later as she looked extra pale and sweaty.

Aiden misses his mommy. He misses the way she would talk to him and hang out with him. He especially misses their lunch dates when she brings him to work. She still hangs out and talks to him but it's just not the same anymore. Something was weird about the way she was acting when she was with him. She would sometimes move around and look around as if someone else was with them and she would only talk if he talked first.

Avery was probably too young to understand what was going on. All she knew was that her mommy and mama interacted less and that her mama would hug her and cry. Her mommy would watch a movie with her but end up falling asleep in the middle. Her mommy used to hug her to sleep after the movie just like her mama but she thinks that her mommy is too tired.

Everyone knew that Tiffany stayed home longer than she normally does. She doesn't go to work that much anymore and she doesn't go on world tours or stay out all night anymore due to working overtime so they were happy to get to be with their mommy more. However, Jessica realized that although Tiffany was here with them physically, mentally, she was somewhere else. Jessica wanted to know what was bothering Tiffany. She wanted to know what Tiffany was thinking so she can help. She felt that this was her fault because ever since they've made up, Tiffany had started to act weird.

Jessica was currently taking a bath with Avery sitting between her legs, playing with her rubber duck.

"I like taking bath with you, mama!" Avery giggles as she plays with the toy.

Jessica smiles and washes Avery's hair then her own.

"I like taking a bath with you, too." Jessica says.

Suddenly, she heard her phone beep, meaning that she had received a text message.

She picked up her iphone and took a look at the message.

From: Gyuri

To: Jessica

Oh my god, Sica! Are you okay? I heard and saw what happened. Why didn't you tell me that Tiffany was seeing someone else?

Jessica was confused.

From: Jessica

To: Gyuri

What the hell are you talking about? I was the one who cheated, remember Vanessa?

Jessica sent the message.

From: Gyrui

To: Jessica

No girl. This is a new news that I saw. It's everywhere! It's the biggest headlines ever! It's even made front page on the magazines!

"Mommy, is that Aunt Gyuri?" asked Avery.

"Yes baby." Jessica replied and sent a text back.

From: Jessica

To: Gyuri

I'm still lost. Tell me what is happening! And why should I be okay?

Jessica heard a beep after a minute.

From: Gyrui

To: Jessica

Because this is why..

Jessica scrolled down the text and saw a link so she copied the link and opened up the internet and pasted the url and searched it. When the link took her to the website, the first thing she saw made her angry and confused.

"What the is this?!" She yelled, scaring Avery.

"Mama! You said a bad word!" Avery scolds.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Don't copy mama, okay. Mama is sorry that I said a bad word." Jessica says to her daughter but she was still angry at what she had just read.

 

HEADLINES - NEWS & ENTERTAINMENT

TIFFANY JUNG-HWANG WAS SEEN LAST NIGHT WITH OUR FAMOUS DJ, DJ SUNNY LEE. AS WE SEE HERE IN THE PICTURE, SUNNY IS KISSING OUR FAMOUS POP QUEEN ON THE LIPS! ARE THEY DATING? WHAT ABOUT TIFFANY'S WIFE? WE ALL KNOW THAT TIFFANY IS MARRIED AND THAT SHE HAS CHILDREN SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? AND HOW LONG HAS THIS STEAMY AFFAIR BEEN GOING ON? 

 

Jessica scrolled the page down and read the comments.

TLover222: Tiffany and Sunny are so cute together! I totally ship them<3

HeroGuy19: I feel bad for Tiffany's wife and their kids though. They seemed so amazing on the Ellen show.. hope this isn't true!

Jessica also hopes that this news isn't true but the picture looked so real and she felt insecure. She didn't even know that Tiffany knew DJ Sunny because the last time she asked her about the DJ, Tiffany said that she never knew of a DJ Sunny. She only knew a DJ Taeyeon.

LovesDJS: Between the lawyer and the DJ, I totally root for the DJ because they both have similar jobs and lawyers seem boring. No offense. I still think that Tiffany's wife is hot though.

Jessica scoffs at the comment.

LaryGary: Tiffany's such a hottie. Who wouldn't want to hit on that? Sunny is so lucky! 2ny is real!

Jessica saw a link to Sunny's interview about 2ny? 

She clicks on it.

The video to the interview, which was posted up 10 minutes ago started playing and Jessica watched silently, forgetting that her daughter was in the tub with her.

In the video, Sunny was sitting with an interviewer.

"So Sunny, what is up with you and Tiffany? Are you guys actually in a relationship?" the interviewer asked.

Sunny laughs a bit and crossed her legs as she sits back arrogantly.

"Fany and I have been friends for a very long time and yes, we actually have just started to see each other in a new light." Sunny answers and the interviewer squealed.

"I knew it! So, you girls just started to date, right?" asked the interviewer.

"Yes we did and we're really happy." Sunny replies.

"What about her wife? You know that she has kids, right?" asked the interviewer.

Sunny smirks.

"Well, I wasn't supposed to say this but.. she's actually planning to divorce her wife because she doesn't love her anymore and we're planning to get married one day. As for her kids, she hasn't told me anything." Sunny reveals.

"Well, we hope you two the best and thank you for telling us the truth. Hear that you 2ny fans.. 2ny is real! Now it's time to say bye! So Bye!" The interviewer says as the video comes to an end.

Jessica didn't know what she was feeling now. 

Tiffany's with Sunny.

Tiffany is planning on divorcing me.

Tiffany doesn't love me anymore.

Tiffany cheated on me.

Tiffany...

"Avery, it's time to get dressed. Mama will dress you up and then you go to bed, okay?" Jessica says as she gets up and wraps a towel around herself and her daughter. Then they go to her room to get dressed.

Avery went to sleep on Jessica's bed while Jessica went downstairs to look for her wife. 

She saw her sitting on a stool while talking on the phone with someone.

She suspected it to be Sunny so she got jealous and marched up to the younger woman and snatched the phone way from her hand.

"What the-" Tiffany turned around and saw Jessica throw her phone across the room.

"What the hell did you do that for?" Tiffany shrieked when she saw her phone break into pieces.

Jessica huffs in anger.

"Because you. are. a. damn. ing. hypocrite. of. a. cheater!" Jessica hissed as she glared at Tiffany who looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" Tiffany asked.

"Are you trying to get revenge on me for apparently cheating? Because I told you that it wasn't a date to me and I didn't mean to cheat! So are you?!" Jessica asked angrily.

"I don't even know what you mean! I'm not trying to get revenge and cheating? What are you talking about?" Tiffany asked in confusion.

Jessica laughs. 

"Don't play dumb! I know you're in a secret relationship with DJ Sunny Lee and you apparently don't love me anymore and that's why you're going to divorce me!" Jessica accused as tears starts to run down her face.

Tiffany breathes in and out.

She doesn't understand why she's being accused of something she didn't do.

She doesn't even know where Jessica got that information from.

"I don't even know what you're talking about! You can't come down here accusing me of something I never done!" Tiffany retorts.

"Oh yeah? First you become so distant from not only me but our kids! Sure you're home more often but you always kept your distance! You never tell us anything anymore! Then I see you and another woman kissing in the picture!" Jessica sobs.

Tiffany furrows her eyebrows.

She knew that she was becoming distant but kissing another girl? That wasn't right. 

"Do you even hear yourself? Me kissing another girl? How is that even possible? You said so yourself! I'm home more often! I couldn't be out with another woman!" Tiffany explains trying her best to stay calm.

Jessica pouts.

"R..Really? You didn't kiss her? But it was in the picture." Jessica says.

Tiffany asked, "What picture?"

"This one." Jessica lets Tiffany see the picture on her phone and all Tiffany does is laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Jessica asked, confused. 

"Because this is funny. I seriously admire how photoshop can make everything look so real." Tiffany says.

"So you really didn't kiss her?" asked Jessica.

"Jessi, I don't even know who she is." Tiffany says.

Jessica couldn't help but smile.

'Jessi.. she called me Jessi again.. not Jessica..'

"There was also an interview where Sunny said that you two were together and that you were going to divorce me." Jessica says.

"And why would I divorce you? I basically quit being a singer just to be with you and the kids more! Sunny is really something, right Jess?" asked Tiffany as she got off the stool and walked up the stairs, not noticing the confusion on Jessica's face.

"Wait for me, Tiff! I don't understand what you're saying? What do you mean you quit being a singer?!" Jessica asked as she follows her wife upstairs.