The Arrival

Am I wrong?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to  John F Kennedy Airport..." 
Taeyeon stared at the window ignoring the pilot's announcement. She inhaled deeply, lost in her thoughts. 

A taxi was waiting for her outside the airport, it was provided by the company that she would work for. A tall woman was standing beside the car. 

"Hi Taeyeon, welcome to New York." 

Before Taeyeon could reply the tall woman spoke again. 

"By the way I'm Seohyun. I am also a nurse working at the hospital you would be working at and they asked me to help you since we live in the same building. Different units though. And it's nice to meet you."

Taeyeon waited for Seohyun to finish before she could reply. She was glad that the company sent someone to help her because honestly she was nervous. New place meant adjustments. 

"Thank you and nice to meet you too" she said with a shy smile because of her accent. 

Seohyun only smiled in reply. 

"Oh..I hope you don't mind me asking, are you Korean too?" Although Taeyeon had sensed that the other girl was Korean, she wanted to make sure first because they were nonetheless in the melting pot. 

"Ne..." Seohyun replied; smiling again at Taeyeon. "You looked really young, you must be smart to graduate early and work here." The tall girl continued speaking in korean. 

After Taeyeon heard the girl beside her she couldn't help but let out a genuine laugh but nevertheless made Seohyun look at her questioningly.

After they told her the offer, she agreed right away without even thinking. 

The hospital she worked at in Seoul recommended her to their sister company. It was the first time they sent a nurse to the U.S. They knew Taeyeon deserved it. She was the best after all. 

"I'm sorry"She didn't want Seohyun to be offended so she apologized. "Actually, I'm 26 years old and I have worked in Seoul for 2 years and I got lucky they sent me here." 

"Really?! You're older?...and here I thought you're like 20 or even younger." Seohyuh was shocked. "Since you're older, can I call you Unnie then?" 

Taeyeon looked at her and smiled again..."Ne, of course" She couldn't believe that she had already made a friend on her first stay.  

After Seohyun showed Taeyeon her unit, she bid goodbye because she had to work the next day. Taeyeon thanked her before she closed the door.

She lied on the bed and thought about someone before she fell asleep.


--------

After getting dressed, Taeyeon thought of what she would do for the two weeks they gave her before she started to work. 

She stayed in the apartment and decided to contact her employer asking more about the job. She wanted to know as much information since she didn't want to look bad on the first day. 

The lady she talked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter