His Regret

I'm Sorry I Left

Kai took another shot of soju as thoughts of Krystal and her daughter Ye-jin was it? consumed his thoughts. 

"Hey, hey! You have to go to work tomorrow!" his friend Kyungsoo yelled.

"Do you think...I was wrong five years ago?"

"What are you saying? Of course you were! How could you leave a young girl like that all by herself?! Do you even know how much that pain-" Kyungsook caught himself before he exploded even more in front of Kai. "Sorry..."

Kai sighed. "Yeah...I guess I was wrong. But what if she's not even mine? You never know if she gave it away or something."

"I don't think Krystal would do that. She was so innocent and probably still is. If you hadn't pressured her into having-nevermind."

Kai knew that Kyungsoo was right. But what could he do now? It was his decision. But there was that small possibility that Ye-jin wasn't his. He gulped down another shot before heading out of the snack tent. 

Kyungsoo put down a bunch of bills and ran after him yelling to wait up. When Kai got home, Kyungsoo patted him on the back. "Don't think about it Kai, it's too late now. You're both doing well now, well I hope. At least you realized what you did was wrong. Sober up now." 

Kai nodded. Kyungsoo was right. It was too late.