Reaction

I'm Sorry I Left

Ye-jin smiled at the overflowing bowl of bingsoo.

"Thank you Ahjussi!!" she said

Kai chuckled. "Eat a lot, okay?" 

She nodded. Picking up her spoon, she dug into the bingsoo. A few bites intoit though, Ye-jin started to cough. 

"Are you okay?" Kai asked.

She continued to cough. Kai quickly got a cup of water but her coughing kept getting worse. 

"Ahjussi *cough* are their *cough* almonds in this*cough*cough*" she asked.

Kai's eyes widened. "Are you allergic?" he asked quickly.

She nodded while coughing. He grabbed her coat and bag and picked her up. Running to his car, he began to sweat. Krystal would kill him, he knew it.He drove as quickly as he could to the nearest hosptial. They took Ye-jin in and told Kai to wait outside. He sat in a chair and covered his face with his hands. What had he done? He should've checked to see if she had any allergies. Especially because he knew that Krystal was allergic to almonds and other nuts as well. After about 45 minutes, a doctor came out.

"She's resting now. Luckily, you brought her in time. You can go in." 

Kai sighed. "Thank you." he said and bowed before going to Ye-jin. She looked up and smiled weakly. 

"Ahjussi, you're still here?" she asked.

He nodded. "I should've checked with you for allergies." he said.

"Oh no, it's okay, really. I'm fine." she reassured him. 

The door opened and a nurse asked, "Does anybody else need to be contacted?"

Kai gulped. "Uhm...yes, her mother..."

"Would you like to call her yourself or should we?"

"Uhm..maybe you should since I don't have her number..." he said.

"Oh. Ok. Ye-jin, do you know your mother's phone number?"

Ye-jin nodded and told the nurse Krystal's number. Kai secretly typed it into his phone. After the nurse left, Kai sat down in a chair. Ye-jin fell asleep soon after. During this time, Kai realized how much she looked like Krystal. Her eyes and nose were  Krystal's but her lips were his. Kai yawned and looked at the time. It was nearly 5:00 and he had seen Ye-jin at 3:00. He put his head down and closed his eyes. As he was about to fall asleep, the door burst open and standing there in the doorway was Krystal. She was out of breath and holding multiple bags. Her first facial expression was full of fear, then relief, and then confusion and anger as she saw Kai. She walked over to him, almost tripping over her own feet. She raised her arm to slap him, and he turned his cheek. But she ended up dropping her arm and bursting into tears falling into his arms. He caught her and pulled her closer to him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." he whispered.

 ---------------------------------------

Wow! I just realized that today marks my 1st full year on AFF!! A huge thank you to everyone who has read, commented, or subscribed (or all 3, haha) my story.  Your positive feedback and clicks have encouraged me to keep writing, so thank you very much! ^^*