Someone to Stay

I'm Sorry I Left

Krystal walked into the cafe where she worked part time. There were already so many customers and they were short on people working today. Her boss hurried out. 

"Okay, so there's a lot of people and we only have 3 workers today. I'll pay you double this month so just do your best to handle everything." 

Krystal nodded. "Okay."

For the next few hours, customers came in and out. There seemed to be no end. Krystal had to pick Ye-Jin up in a couple of hours and at this rate, she didn't think that it would be possible. The after school program already warned her that if she was late picking her up four more times, they would charge her additionally. Krystal's head started spinning and soon she was screwing up orders. She made peach smoothies instead of kiwi and gave croissants to people who wanted banana bread. Complaints started to come in and she apologized over and over again. One woman in particular was furious over the mix up. 

"Excuse me, you gave me one doughnut instead of two, and gave me a mango smoothie with coconut. I'm allergic to coconut. What would've happened if I drank this whole thing? I would've broken out in hives and gone to the doctor for medication. How could you be so careless?!"

Krystal bowed and apologized. "I'm so sorry. I will refund the money and give you the correct order." 

The woman scoffed. She opened her smoothie and dumped the whole thing on Krystal's head. Krystal screamed. 

"That's it?! Look here, do you know who I am? I will press charges against you if you don't get on your knees and sincerely apologize."

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah excuse you. Either do it or see you in court."

By this time, everyone in the cafe was looking at them. People were whispering and pointing. At this time, Kai came into cafe, not knowing that Krystal was there nor the situation. He saw Krystal drenched and clenching her fists and biting her lip. She slowly bent one of her knees and was about to get down on the floor on both of them. Right when he was going to run up and stop her, a man in line grabbed her wrist and pulled her up. 

"You do not have the right to humiliate someone who made a mistake in front of so many people. Learn your manners. She already apologized. Be thankful she didn't defend herself like so many others in this society." The man said. 

He got his wallet out and handed the woman 30,000 won. "If you need any medical help, here's the money for the bill." 

With that, he turned Krystal around and walked out of the cafe. Because Krystal was so ashamed, she looked down the whole time and didn't see Kai at the entrance. He looked at her as she left in shock. 

Outside the man who had helped her gave her some napkins. "I'm sorry that this is all I have right now." 

"No, no. It's fine, really. Thank you so much...I didn't know what to do. Is there anything I can do to pay you back?"

"No need to, really. I was just helping."

Krystal smiled. "Oh! Look at me. I haven't even asked for your name yet."

"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. Or I go by L. And I'm guessing that yours is Krystal?" 

Krystal noticed that she still had her name tag on. "Oh yeah. Anyways, thank you again." She looked at her wach and realized that she had to pick up Ye-Jin. "Oh my! I have to go pick up somebody. Again, thank you!"

L smiled. "My pleasure. But you're going to go pick up someone in those wet clothes?" 

"Oh...yeah I guess I have to."

"Let me buy you some new clothes. I don't think that's very comfortable." 

Krystal shook her head. "No no! You've already done so much I couldn't. But thank you for the offer." 

"Please allow me to. There's a nice boutique around the corner, it will only be a few minutes." 

Before Krystal could respond, he led her to the boutique and bought her a shirt, jeans, and shoes in the next five minutes. 

"It's not much, but it's better than wet sticky clothes." 

"Thank you. Really now, if you ever need anything, just contact me. I really owe you. I insist." 

L smiled. "Well if you must."

They exchanged numbers and Krystal hurried off to pick Ye-Jin up. From a distance, Kai sighed and walked away. 

---------------------------------

Hey readers! So within a day if posting the polls, most of you guys wanted L! I know their meeting is kind of sudden, but hopefully you guys don't mind too much. Sorry for not updating the last couple of days. School started again. But I'll try to update whenever I have time :)