Proposal

I'm Sorry I Left

"What?"

"I said marry me."

"I heard what you said Jongin. Do you think that you're in a place to have the right to say that to me right now?"

"Jung Soojung. Please. Give me a chance. If I mess up this time, I promise, I'll leave again but still support Ye-jin."

Kai's eyes looked different than what Krystal had remembered. Instead of the youthful and care free Kai, he was now mature and deep inside, Krystal could see the look of desperation.  

"I'm not ready right now Kai...Give me some time."

He nodded. "Take your time. I'll be waiting."

A week passed. Another went by. Soon, a month passed. The leaves were changing colors. Krystal hadn't seen or heard from Jongin since the hospital, and she still wasn't ready to give him an answer. He left a big scar on her heart. As all this time passed, Myungsoo still checked in on her and took her on a couple dinner and lunch dates. And all this time, Kai was waiting. Krystal felt guilty to both of them. She felt sincerity and trust when she was with Myungsoo. But then she remembered Kai's eyes, and she wanted to help them be rid of the look that she didn't want him to have. As all these thoughts surrounded her mind, an unknown number called her one day.

"Hello?"

"Krystal?"

"Kai?"

"Yeah it's me. I realized that I had your number-"

"And how did you get it?"

"Oh. I heard Ye-jin say it to the nurse at the hospital so I erm...I saved it."

"Um...okay."

After that, she was silent. 

"So, I was wondering...have you thought about my proposal?" he asked.

At that moment, Krystal's first instinct was to reject it, but and mind wanted two different things. "Yes, I have. I'll accept it." 

Krystal silently gasped. Did she really just say that? What would she say to Myungsoo?

"Really?!" Kai asked. "Are you sure?"

Krystal shook her head yet she said yes again. Kai couldn't believe his ears. He arranged a date for them and hung up. Was he really getting a chance to show Krystal how he has changed-to prove his love for her?

On the others hand, Krystal held her head in her hands. What had she just done?