Chicken

I'm Sorry I Left

Krystal cried for the next half hour. She rushed to the hospital after hearing Ye-jin had been treated for a reaction. Seeing Kai made her feel angry and disappointed, but she didn't want to use any more energy. When her tears finally stopped, she pulled herself out of Kai's arms and hugged Ye-jin tightly. 

"Are you okay Ye-jin?" she asked.

"Yep! All better now!" Ye-jin responded.  "Are you okay Mom?"

Krystal smiled and nodded. "Is there anything you want to eat?"

"I want chicken." she said cutely. 

Krystal usually didn't let her have fried chicken, so it was hard to say yes. Before she could say anything though, Kai spoke up and said,

"Ahjussi will go and buy you chicken Ye-jin." 

"Heehee, really ahjussi?! Thank you!!"

Kai smiled and left. Krystal sighed. Now Ye-jin would want to eat chicken everyday. 20 minutes later, he came back with 2 boxes of chicken. 

"You bought two boxes?" Krystal asked.

"Of course, one for each of you." he said.

"Uh? But Mom doesn't like chicken Ahjussi..." Ye-jin said.

Kai looked at Krystal very confused. When they dated she would eat fried chicken at least once a week. He got so sick of it by the second month into their relationship. But now, she didn't like it?

"Ha, what are you talking about? Your mother loves chicken!" he exclaimed. 

Ye-jin shook her head. "She won't even look at it sometimes."

Krystal looked away. Kai figured that he would ask her later. When Ye-jin finished her chicken, she fell asleep. 

"You can leave now Jongin." Krystal said.

Jongin. She only called him that when she was tired. "Ok. But, you not liking chicken? What's up with that?"

"I mean, whenever I eat it, I think of you...why should I eat it then?"

Kai's face hardened. "Oh. I see how it is Krystal."

"I thought I said that you could leave." she said.

Kai shook his head. "Look, I know that I messed up, but I'm trying to do as much as I can for Ye-jin right now."

"You shouldn't. If you really wanted to, you should've started 5 years ago." she replied coldy.

"I said I messed up Krystal! What else do I need to admit?!" he finally burst.

"And because you messed up...do you know how much we have suffered. No child support, my parents practically disowned me for having a child so young and so I work 4 part time jobs because of my lack of education. Sure, I see that you're trying. But Ye-jin doesn't even know that you are her father. How long do you think that you can keep this up?" 

"Then marry me." he said.