30 days of drabbles: day two - accusation (luhan)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

The worst day of all days for all students in all high schools is the day when college exam scores come in, and everybody knows how much of a bother that is. You fail, you’re screwed.

You never do well enough, meaning that you never do well enough to make your parents happy because if you bring what you might think a good score is, they’ll sit there, stare you down, and ask you why and how you didn’t get an even higher score which usually is equivalent to asking you why you didn’t make a perfec t  score.

Now look, you might be smart, but you’re not a genius like your boyfriend. And having a genius slash prodigy as your boyfriend isn’t exactly the most comforting thing. You’re not sure that how it works, but that’s just Luhan and you’re still trying to figure out why someone so plushy and adorable has the biggest brain out of the whole school population.

“Show m e~”

You told yourself you wouldn’t tear over your scores, but Luhan’s scores just make you feel even worse than you already feel and you just want to go die in a hole as there’s nowhere else to hide from the hole. He’s standing behind you and trying to reach over your shoulder and making a grab for the dreaded ivory paper and you prepare yourself to run forward, but once again, Luhan knows you so well to the point that he knows you’re going to run by snaking an arm around your waist and trapping you.

Life isn’t fair.

“It can’t be that bad!”

He did not just say that.

“Of course it is or else why wouldn’t I want to show you?” you shriek, struggling even more.

“Well, you obviously don’t trust me!”

You freeze in the midst of your struggle and slowly turn your head to look back at him with a broken glare, only getting the same look from his eyes.

“You don’t trust me.”

“Of course I do—“

“How can I trust my girlfriend if she can’t even trust me?”

“I do—“

“You don’t trust me!” he accuses you, whining and pouting.

But Luhan is as easy to read as an open book. “Are you trying to guilt trip me?”

He just stands there and continues to mutter about untrustworthiness and how relationships should be in mutual agreement and everything would be fine and it’s tearing you apart because in a sense, he’s right. He doesn’t know what’s going on at home or the fact that you’re constantly crying in your pillow because your parents have yet again to make you feel extremely worthless. You swear they love him more than they love you. It’s not the best feeling, but you’re not jealous, you’re sure of that.

He’s quiet now because he sees the tear tracks on your face, something you’re completely unaware of until he makes a move to wipe your tears. “You can always tell me later, right?”

You nod as your throat clogs up and mucuous builds up and when he turns your body around and wrap you in a bear hug, your fingers grip the shirt around his waist area and let everything go as his hand rubs your back and he whispers sweet nothings into your ear.

He’s just the one person that helps you keep flying.