30 days of drabbles: day thirteen - simple (luhan)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

“ARGH!” you scream in frustration and are about to chuck the three-dimensional block of absolute terror at the wall when Luhan grabs your wrist from doing so. It goes lax and your hands lose the grip on the cube, dropping gracefully into his awaiting hand. 

You huff and blow air upwards to toss your bangs out of your eyesight before crossing your arms and curling up into a ball on the sofa in pure and aggravated anger. “Stupid, messed up, complex thing they call freakin toy—“

“It’s not its fault if you can’t solve it.”

“Of course it is!” you childishly retaliate and throw your arms up.

“_______, look at me.”

You situate yourself in the opposite direction and your pout grows even bigger, making you look like a seven-year old and definitely younger than him. 

“________~” Luhan sings.

“No,” you refuse in an elementary voice, your tutoring students rubbing off on you. 

He manages to uncross your arms and puts the cube back into your hands while still holding them. You sneak a peek at him and his eyes hold your gaze as his hands help your hands to twist the cube.

“Think about it this way,” he starts, continuing to look at you while rotating your hands. The soft clicks and slides of the toy continue to pierce the comforting atmosphere as his eyes bring you into his mind.

“Every block has a partner, every block must work together. You can solve it with videos online and the manual, but you have to truly understand it. The Rubik’s Cube is simply a team being continuously broken up and waiting to be put back together.”

“But—“

He shushes you gently with a finger on your lips.

“It’s as simple as that. Once you learn, it’s all muscle memory, all feeling and quick eyesight. Do you see?”

You process his words and gently smile before nodding vigorously.

He chuckles and ruffles your hair. “ ‘Atta girl.” 

-

-

“LUHAN, I GOT IT—“

“It’s three in the morning—“

“I SOLVED THE DAMN CUBE FINALLY OKAY BYE I LOVE YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH MWAH!”

Click.