glacialis (luhan)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

A/N: Spontaneity, spontaneity. also, very important a/n at the bottom please read.

-

“Mary Mary, quite contrary, how—?”

“—does your garden grow?”

You gasp in surprise and momentary shock at the head sticking out from the hallway and into the classroom you are currently sitting in, hand over your heart and book dangerously teetering on your legs. As you recognize the face in your overwhelmed state, you release the breath you were holding and reposition the novel on your legs before continuing. You know he’s pouting, that silly boy, and hear his footsteps as they approach you at an amble pace.

“Sorry I scared you for a sec,” he cheekily apologizes.

“You’re not, really, but that’s okay. A heads-up next time would be nice though,” you reply without looking up at him.

“Did you know it’s still snowing outside?”

“Hmm.”

“I wonder how bad the traffic will be…”

A chair is moved from the side and put next to you before a head lands familiarly on your shoulders. You pay no mind, no more than just scooting closer to him so he’s not too uncomfortable or too far from leaning over. A murmur of thanks comes from his lips before he shifts to make himself comfortable. The silence falls over, but not for too long because you can see his bouncing heel out of the corner of your eye.

“Is there something you’d like to tell me?” you quietly ask in the unlikely case that he is asleep and off in a dream world.

“Well…” he hesitates for a bit before starting back up again. “I heard something about Jongdae today.”

He can feel you stiffen at the name, hand frozen in an awkward shape on top of the pages of your book. “Should I care to know?” you mutter and shakily flip to the next page.

“He’s asking Hyesun to prom.”

Once again, the shock settles in. But then there’s pain, and understanding, and more pain, and feelings of I-knew-that-was-going-to-happen, and even more pain that you shut the book closed and clench onto the spine. The pain won’t stop in your heart and Luhan looks up at you worriedly while place his hands on top of yours.

“Hey hey, it’s going to be okay, alright? Just listen. He really wants to ask her.”

“They’d be really cute,” you whisper painfully, images of your close friend in a beautiful prom dress and your ex-boyfriend/best friend standing together, posing for pictures. The chemistry between the two is undeniable, and you and Jongdae were over years ago, but the broken friendship is still fresh on your chest.

—boyfriend

“He wants to ask her in front of a large crowd, but her best friend is worried that she might be uncomfortable with becoming a spectacle for fifty seconds,” Luhan continues before bringing his arm around your shoulder and pulling you towards him, his hand gently pushing your head to his shoulder.

“Why does it hurt so much, Lu?”

—thieving

“Why do I feel like my heart is going to burst from the pain anytime soon?”

“In a way, you thought that maybe the friendship could be fixed. And in a way, you wish it was you because you were his top priority and he yours, but it was just a hope.”

“Just a hope…” You trail off, stray tears lightly streaking your cheek with wet tracks before curving around your cheek and onto Luhan’s t-shirt. He can feel the dampness and tugs you to him as close as he can. “You deserve better than him, princess,” he whispers into your hair.

“I feel like I know that, Lu, but I can’t help but miss him so much. His hugs, his stupid jokes, his friendly affection. I just miss him so much I can’t—” You hiccup and inhale a shaky breath before falling quiet with tears building up in your eyes.

“It’s not the same, is it?”

“No, I—”

“You know you are not what he called you. You know that he needs to apologize. And you tried so hard to mend it back together, and maybe he enjoys that someone is pining after him so hard, but it’s time to let go. You are better. He should be crying over your loss.”

“Do you think he misses me as much as I do him?”

“No,” he breathes after a few seconds. “Because if he did, he would be fighting and fighting and apologize for calling you something as bad as—”

—boyfriend-thieving —

“—when he knows perfectly well that you are anything but. He doesn’t apologize for the things he believes in, but you apologize when you know you should. Therefore, you are the better person.”

“Thank you, Luhan. Really,” you softly whisper before letting your eyes flutter close out of exhaustion from the tears and the pain in your heart.

-

As he watches you sleep on his shoulder, his eyebrows furrow as the memory of Jongdae calling you a boyfriend-thieving runs through his head. You had said nothing but a simple “I love him with all my heart” about another guy friend of yours and somehow got some of the worst slander in your life.

You were slowly shutting down, one of his worst fears concerning you, and there was nothing he could do but hold on and keep you up for as long as he could. “You are so unbelievably precious, princess. So, so, so precious,” he murmurs into your hair before planting a gentle kiss and resting his head on top of yours.

-

A/N: I don’t know what this is, but this is to all who don’t believe that they are worth anything. you are worth so much more and other people believe it, too, tenfolds. and those people who know your true value and make sure you know it? keep them in your life and don’t keep those who do nothing but bring you down or degrade you. nobody deserves that, and neither do you.