wind (optional bias)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

It’s easy to feel alone and distraught in this cruel world.

It’s easy to stay invisible and avoid interactions with other people.

You’re not like others.

You don’t have a best friend, you don’t have friends at all actually, you don’t go and watch movies, you don’t do crazy things that appear on everybody’s bucket list.

Basically, you don’t exist to the world.

You have a common spot on the roof of an abandoned building that people believe is haunted.

Even though the number of stairs kill you, it’s all worth it in the end. The view from the roof at night is breathtaking, glowing, and scintillating.

Your ears often ignore the honks of cars and occasional screams here and there and since it’s at night, there’s always wind.

To you, the wind is your one and only friend.

One might say it blows past you, but you like to say that it flows with you, caresses you, plays with you.

If anyone else saw you on the roof, they would hear your voice talking to the air.

That’s because you’re talking to the wind.

And on the spacious roof, the wind collaborates with you in a graceful dance.

You often find yourself pirouetting and remembering steps from your last dance class two years ago while closing your eyes and softly smiling. Sometimes, you’ll even find yourself on top of your toes. (Pointe class was never painful.)

But what you don’t know is that there’s always a boy who’s around your age, silently admiring the way you talk and dance with the wind, your features, your occasional smiles, and the fact that you are like him.

Alone with only the wind as a companion.

He’s tired of admiring you from afar, and so when you dance, he silently steps out and falls into step with you.

Your eyes snap open when you feel hands on your waist, only to find breathtaking eyes staring back into yours.

He gives what they call an “eye smile” and proceeds to spin you around.

You’re still mildly confused as to why this handsome boy is dancing with you, but when you spin back into his arms, he breathes in your ear, "You’re not alone."

Everything clicks and as you two engage in a comfortable way of dancing, the wind wraps around you both, glad to bring the two of you together.