spontaneous (Yoseob)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

You can’t believe what others say.

Hell, you can’t even believe anything commercials say these days.

Like that Crest one where the motto is, “Life opens up when you do!” and you want to throw the remote control at the TV because they’re simply not right.

It’s not everyday you can smile at a cute guy with brighty-whitey teeth and he wants your number.

It just doesn’t happen.

And usually, being alone on Valentine’s Day doesn’t bother you one bit but this year, it’s really hitting you for some reason.

Oh, maybe because seven months and twenty-three days ago, you just found out you’re in love with your best friend, Yang Yoseob?

Yeah, Yang Yoseob.

You grab a pillow from the couch and scream into its fluffiness because that’s about all you can do right now in your broken down state.

It takes another three hours for you to get up from the couch and do something.

Something…

That’s right, your sword’s been lonely for a while now…Yoseob still doesn’t know why you own a sword. Hell, he doesn’t even know if you can use it properly.

Oh, you can use it like an experienced swordsman (aka your teacher.)

And so two hours later when your body is covered in sweat and donned a few scratches here and there due to lack of concentration, somebody’s ringing the doorbell like no tomorrow and you’re dragging your sword behind you (the floor’s carpet, it’s fine.) and you open the door and, without seeing who it is, rudely ask, “WHAT?”

Yoseob has his mouth open like he wants to say something but you can see that his expression is a little bewildered and his gaze is flitting between the cut on your face and the sword in your hand and you open the door wider so he can step in.

While he makes himself at home, you grab a glass of water and apologize, “Sorry, just had a two-hour workout with Yanseo.” (The name of your sword. Yoseob was the one who decided to name it, which is the only reason why it’s so close to his name.)

You’re still in the kitchen and refill your now empty glass with more water, but Yoseob stops you and stuffs a bouquet of daisies in your hands.

You’re so confused right now and you look up at him like he’s gone mental or something and he turns at your reaction, the tips of his ears going red.

"Happy Valentine’s Day," he says.

"Um…" What the hell is going on?

"I like you, ok?"

"I’m your best friend, Yoseob. There’s no way you wouldn’t like me. I like you, too," you exasperatedly say.

"No, I mean…I like like you, like, more than a best friend," he mumbles.

You’re hoping he’s implying what you think he’s implying but you love messing with him and laugh, “Oh, in that case, I like you as a brother, too. Thanks for the daisies. Lemme go find a—”

"No! I mean I want you to be my girlfriend!" he yells, clearly frustrated.

It’s a happy day, a happy day, a happy day—

"Well, in that case, so do I. Let me go take a shower and you’ll get your thank-you kiss in about thirty minutes because I’m gross right now," you yell while skipping up the stairs.

"Dress nice! I’m taking you out!" he yells back.

"I want dukbokki! Nowhere fancy!"

"BUT—"

You peek back around the corner at him, who’s standing at the bottom of the stairs, and laugh, “Chill, I’m craving dukbokki. You can take me somewhere nice on our anniversary.”

"Fine," he says, completely dejected and muttering behind his breath but glad to know that you also believe this relationship is going to last for a long time. (He’s thinking marriage, too.)

Oh god.

You’re singing in the shower.

"As much as I love you, ________, your singing . I have to remember to give you lessons," he mutters and takes out his iPod to drown out your out-of-tune voice that’s currently singing Gee by SNSD.