air (lee taemin)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

"Hello?"

"T-Tae?" you stutter into the phone.

"Yeah, what’s up?"

You continue to pedal around the apartment complexes, weaving in and out through the narrow streets, occasionally avoiding the cars parked on the street that could just move its into the assigned garage parking spot, but people don’t want to walk that far to home.

"Remind me every week to never bike in the cold at night."

"…um—"

"I’m serious, Tae," you whine into the speaker, eyes frantically glued to the stop sign to check for a refraction of car lights. Luckily, there’s none and you continue to trudge forward on tires that need air.

"Okay."

"It’s ing freezing outside and I really needed fresh air and I honestly didn’t think it’d be this cold and why did I wear flip-flops?!"

"Jagi, breathe and come home."

His voice instantly warms you, even though it’s through an electronic device and it’s clearly not physically possible, but now your bare toes don’t feel like they’re about to freeze off.

But your ears still do.

"K, I’m—"

"And hot chocolate will be prepared. You know, you could’ve told me you were biking, then we could’ve gone biking together. We haven’t done that in a while."

"Thanks, Tae," you smile into the phone, then pushing the end call button repeatedly and stash it back into your pocket.

When you manage to make it home, Tae’s outside on the swing bench with two steaming cups of hot cocoa with a thick blanket large enough to cover the both of you.

You gladly huddle under the blanket next to him, silently feeding off of his warmth and the heat coming from the cup.

"Hold this real quick?" he asks with his cocoa in front of you. You take it, slightly confused, but then he reaches on the other side of him to grab a beanie and stashes it over your head so it covers your ears. He takes the cup back after kissing you on the cheek and reminding you to never bike in the cold at night again.


But hey, if you come home to this from biking in the cold at dark, you’ll probably go out more often.

And bike together with him.