30 days of drabbles: day one - beginning (choi minho)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

“Your test will begin in about seven minutes.”

Just knowing that the math competition is about to kick-start in seven minutes gets your heart pumping a little top quickly. You always get this nervous before a test and have this tendency of turning really red when blood is circulating too fast and nobody can successfully calm you down except for Minho.

But there’s this problem with you two secretly dating because he’s from your rival school and you kinda have to pretend you don’t like him. You like to compliment your acting skills sometimes.

But honestly, you wish you didn’t have to hide anything. By this time, somebody should’ve noticed the two of you on the streets holding hands and laughing and having a good time.

But all this thinking is making you even redder, and you mentally pick out your math folder and start going over derivatives and integrals and just calculus in general.

”_______.”

Minho is a big dork for sitting right next to you, and you can pick out his voice from a mile away. He’s calling for your attention and everybody is watching, wondering if there will be some type of showdown between you two.

When your turn, you don’t expect his face do close and he’s just placed a quick kiss on your lips. He’s smiling at you, turning back around to face forward as the scratchy PA system comes back on.

“In fifteen, fourteen, thirteen—”

Everybody is torn between gossiping and preparing, sending death glares across the room and you ignore it all.

“Begin.”

There’s a flurry of papers and clicks from sticky buttons on calculators and your mind kicks in motion to do what you love second most to medical science: Math.

—-

Testing is over thirty minutes later and you feel pretty good about it, but your spirits lift up even more when Minho steps out of his seat and asks for your hand, which you gladly give it to him and the two of you walk out of the testing room hand in hand.

It feels amazing to do that, to openly talk and smile without worrying that someone will see you. It might seem stupid at first, saying that it didn’t matter if you two loved each other and were from rivaling schools, but it did. At this point, both of you don’t care, Minho is ready to openly date, and this is just a new beginning of some sorts.