blasphemy (yongguk)

kpopawriterholic's drabble/scenarios dump

Here’s the thing: You’re not exactly a huge fan of hospitals, which in itself is entirely ironic because you love your job at the hospital. Maybe it’s being hospitalized in a hospital is what you don’t like.

But you’re a night-shift worker and there are days when you curse yourself for willingly switching with someone else for two weeks. It’s only been four days and you already want to cry and gorge yourself on food and relive freshman fifteen.

Your head is propped against your left palm as your right hand lazily controls the mouse that controls the cursor on the monitor. You check up on a few things and just as you’re thinking about what type of injection you should be using, your stomach lurches and the nurse watches you with concern as you stumble towards the nearest bathroom.

Vomit smells disgustingly as always, maybe even worse with the sterile smell of the hospital. You have been throwing up lately and your suspicions are already kicking in.

You are a doctor.

And so this is the third day it’s happened but you’re not having any fevers or showing any signs of some type of illness.

—-

“She’s going to be beautiful,” he coos over the phone. Telling Yongguk about your pregnancy over the phone isn’t the best idea, but he’s had this thing with no secrets ever and you’re okay with that. Really.

“We won’t know its gender for a while, unless you want to wait until it comes?” you question.

“We need to prepare the bedroom and everything so I’d rather find out as soon as possible. How does that sound?”

“Lovely,” you smile into your phone. It buzzes and you pull back a bit to see that a nurse is calling. “Hey, I have to go, ok?”

“Don’t overwork yourself, baby. Love you.” The other members send their love in screaming voices.

“I love you, too.”

—-

“Should you really be working?” Myungsoo cries out while handing you a small pastry. He’s aware of your pregnancy and already tried to stop you from going to work and taking a maternity leave, but you’re too stubborn.

“Stop worrying so much,” you pout  childishly and dejectedly chew at your barbeque bun, completely put out because Myungsoo is going protective-older-brother mode again.

Myungsoo is a wonderful co-worker and is calm when need be. His looks are especially useful when it comes to calming down the female emergency patients and a few male, but then they become a hassle when the female patients demand that Myungsoo check on them. Most of them don’t realize he’ll never be there during the day because for some reason, even if he’s on call, he’s never called. You’re jealous because he gets his amount of sleep everyday while you’re still crawling out of bed at two in the afternoon.

Being nocturnal isn’t as wonderful as it sounds.

“Being pregnant and working the night shift at one of the biggest hospitals isn’t exactly a good combination,” Myungsoo sneers and masticates his own pastry. You swear he’s bipolar sometimes. “By the way, stand up.”

“Why??” You whine and do so, hand still clutching your half-eaten pastry. He stands up and scrutinizes your figure from different angles and you groan. “Are you seriously trying to see if—“

“There’s a baby bump. People are going to think you’re fat.”

“Go away.”

“It’s true.”

“ you.”

“Aww, don’t be mad,” he says and pats your head. Every pat sends your cringing and slouching as if to avoid his age-degrading actions.

“_______-ah!”

“Yongguk!” you happily cry out and fast pace towards him. Although, except for a happier expression, he looks like he’s about to become a serial killer.

“Yongguk?” you cautiously address and his eyes blaze in anger.

“Is it mine?”

“Is what yours?” You ask, severely confused.

“Is the baby even mine and not his?”

“How did you even conclude to that, Yongguk? What is wrong with you?”

“You guys obviously look like you have something with the way he pats your head!” He hisses and you begrudgingly watch the vein on his neck slightly pop out.

“I can’t believe you. You think we’re together because he patted my head? My god Yongguk, he patted my head, not me in open public! What right do you have to go and accuse me of getting pregnant by my co-worker? Do I think you’re having with another girl if you hug her? No! So stop jumping to conclusions and embarrassing me at my workplace!”

“You’re embarrassing yourself. And are you saying the baby is mine?”

“No , Sherlock. Of course it’s yours! You know what, forget it. I’ve got work to do,” you bark as an emergency patient comes in accompanied by other urgent voices. His calling of your name blends in with the rest and you shut him out.

—-

“________-ah.”

“Go away.”

“Love.”

“Go away.”

“Baby.”

“Go. Away.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Ignoring.”

“I really am though,” he breathes and lightly runs his hand over your stomach. The subtle gesture sends warm feelings throughout your feeling and you subconsciously curl your toes and shift a little under the covers as it pleasantly crawls up your spine.

“Promise you won’t think something so idiotic again?”

“It wasn’t my fault! I hadn’t seen you in a while and you were with another guy and I just saw red and—“

“Your fault.”

“Shut up,” he grumbles because he knows you’re right.

“Such a big baby.”