Chapter 6

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung’s POV

 

"Are you ready?", he asked while bringing some gifts. I nodded unsurely. To be honest, I never ready. I'm not kind of social-able person, so then attending family gathering is not good idea for me. But what could I do? I'm his wife now then it must be strange if I didn't accompany him to his family gathering.

We stepped in the large house, Woohyun's grandma house, where the gathering held. As soon as we entered the house, we were greeted by my mother in law.

"Honey...what took you so long?", she asked after hugging us.

"Traffic jam.", he grinned. Oh no, he lied again. Sometimes I felt bad to his mom because he often lied to defend me, or just because he didn't want longer explanation, I didn't know either. Actually we indeed departed late because I took I long time to decide whether to go or not. He waited for me patiently or maybe just because he didn't have other option beside goes with his wife.

My mother in law brought our gifts inside and ushered us to greet the other family member. Since it was gathering, there sure were many families, from my parent in law's brother and sister family. I saw many kids play around in house yard which I assumed Woohyun's cousins. Hufh...it was going to be a hard day.

 

Just when we are about to entering the living room, suddenly a girl's voice came from behind.

"Woohyun oppa!", she squealed and clung into his arm. He looked startled at first but then he smiled warmly at her.

"I miss you Oppa..", she said while snuggling closer to him. Too much for my liking, he didn't push her, instead he patted her head caringly.

"Me too. I miss you too.".

What was this irked feeling inside me?

She looked up to him brightly and he replied with same look. They seemed drown into their own world. Okay, I was nothing so I prefer to get out from the scene. But before I turned my heels, he spoke.

"You haven't met my wife right?", then he looked at me, making me froze on the spot. I tried not to make any expression when she was eyeing me. I swore it was not a friendly look.

"Minah-yah, this is my wife, Miyoung. Miyoung, this is my cousin, Minah.", I tried to be polite by extend my hand to hand shake, but she was not doing the same, instead she tighten her hug in his arm. I definitely sensed something wrong. I took back my hand and just bow slightly.

"Nice to meet you, Minah.".

"Unnie. I'm older than you.", she replied sternly. I wanted to laugh due to her attitude, but I decided to keep low profile. Beside, a strange feeling inside me still bothered me.

"Let's meet the other.", he said broke the awkward situation.

"Yup. Come on.", she shamelessly dragged him to the living room, still clung into his arm. Meanwhile, I just followed them like a lost puppy.

***

 

"Whaa...our lovely kids... It's good to see you again.", one woman squealed when we entered the room.

"Woohyun, you become a very handsome man. Minah, you are beautiful as always.", another compliment heard. Woohyun bowed as reply while she giggled in his arm.

"It's like a yesterday when you were playing together in here. Now you already mature.", all words were given to them both, and I started wondering what I am doing in here.

"Why you never visit us?", one older woman asked.

"I'm sorry aunty. I was busy with job in dad's company.", he excused.

"Me too, sorry aunty.  I just go back from study aboard.", she added.

One woman, which really alike with that Minah girl, walked to us.

"It's been a long time but you two still make a perfect match each other. What a lovely couple!", she said in somehow teasing tone.

Okay, now I felt no need to be in here. I stepped backward, ready to turn around when a hand slung in my shoulder.

"Where are you going honey?", I looked up and saw my mother in law’s worry face. I just shook my head in reply. Then she dragged me back to the center.

"Everyone, maybe some of you haven't met my daughter in law. She is Miyoung. Isn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter