Chapter 9

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

 

I saw her trembling and the glass piece slipped out from her hand. I felt relief but I didn’t show it on my face. She dropped down to the floor and started sobbing. My heart ached hearing her sobs. I really wanted to hug her that time but I held it back. I gestured Mrs. Choi to help her and quickly skipped to the study room.

My heart still beat fast from the incident before. My mind went blank immediately when she pressed that broken glass to her wrist. I didn’t dare imagine I will lose her right in front of my eyes. I knew I couldn’t live if she was not in this world anymore.

He must be the boy from the past. I swore I would hit him if I already knew about him in the party earlier. He can’t live in peace if he meets me again. 

I didn’t realize a single tear slipped from my eye. I cursed myself. Oh God…I’m such a bad husband.

Please forgive me Miyoung-ah. I’m so weak and I couldn’t take care of you properly.

 

Suddenly there was a knock at the door.

“Mr. Nam, it’s me.”, Mrs. Choi greeted. I opened the door and let her in.

“I’ve already bandage Mrs. Nam wound and took her to bed. She seemed more calm but she couldn’t sleep yet.”, she reported. I sighed.

“Thank you Mrs. Choi. I’m glad that you are still here in this time.”, I replied.

“But, Mr. Nam, you shouldn’t be harsh towards her. She looked like really shock when you talked like that.”, she said.

“I know. I did it on purpose, so then she will realize and back to reality. She needs to grow up. I can’t let her drown to her sadness even more.”, I explained. She nodded in agreement.

“I understand. I know you love her too much that you never do bad things to her.”, she teased. I chuckled.

“Please watch her out this night. I’m afraid she will do dumb action again. I’m going to sleep in Sunggyu hyung’s place.”, I pleaded. She nodded.

“Thank you Mrs. Choi.”

***

 

Miyoung’s POV

 

Why I couldn’t stop crying? Every time I remembered his tired eyes and his cold words to me, my tears came out uncontrollably.

Is he really tired of me? Does he hate me? Is he going to divorce me? Those thoughts just made me cry even more.

I stared at the blank space in bed which was his side. Why he doesn’t sleep in this room tonight? Is he really angry with me?

I became more restless. I was scared. I was scared he will leave me if he knows my past. He always a good husband but I never realized it until now. He always be patient and take care of me despite my strange behavior. I was too busy with myself and never realize his warm existence that always beside me.

Suddenly a realization hit me. I need him. I miss him. And…I love him.

 

I woke up next morning and saw his bed side still neat and cold, meaning that he really didn’t sleep at home. I went to downstairs and saw Mrs. Choi made breakfast. She seemed notice my presence and greeted me. I just replied her with nodding. I looked around but didn’t find him anywhere.

“You look for Mr. Nam, don’t you? He slept over at his friend’s place, Ma’am.”, she said as if she could read my mind. I sighed. He really mad at me, right?

“Don’t worry Ma’am, Mr. Nam will comeback soon. I think he just needs to relax himself for awhile. He never leaves you. Trust me.”, she assured. Usually I never bother to make conversation but that day I really needed someone to talk.

“Are you sure?”, my voice came out like a whispered. I saw her face brightened.

“Of course. He loves you so much. You don’t know that he really anticipated the event last night because he could see you in the night gown. I could see it in his face that he really loves you.”, she quickly explained. He anticipated last night? And I ruined everything. He must be really disappointed.

“But he is angry with me. I don’t know what to do.”

“Just apologize to him, Ma’am. I’m sure he is not really mad at you.“, then she suggested me to bring lunch box for him as my apology.

I was not sure but deep inside my heart, I really wanted to meet him.

***

 

At noon, I wen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter