Chapter 4

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung’s POV

I opened my eyes and saw foreign surroundings. It was not my room, it seemed like hospital. I took a peek around my body, bandage and medical cables all around. I sighed. 'Why am I still alive?' That was the only thing I thought at the moment. I didn't have courage to face my mother. I only could give her shame and sadness.

I took another deep breath. It was rather difficult to breath at the moment. I saw my mother was sleeping beside my bed. Oh…I was being burden again to her. Then I saw another sleeping figure on chair in the corner of the room. With hands crossing over his chest, he looked like restless sleeping in that position. I think I knew the person. His cloth, his face… it is him! What is he doing in here?

"Why...", my voice came out weaker than I thought. My mother woke up from her sleep and her face lit up when looked at me.

"Miyoung-ah!", she cried while hugging me immediately. She didn't say any words, just silently cry, because I could felt her tears on my cheek. My eyes caught a glance that he was also woke up and stared at us. My mother finally released her hug.

"I will call the doctor and nurse to check you", she said while wiping her tears, before left the room.

 

That person approached my bed and sat beside it. I didn't understand why he had that worry look while we even didn't know each other well.

"Are you okay?", he finally spoke.

"Is it 'okay' to you?", I tried to give him my most fierce look. But he didn't react anything, just kept staring at me with worry expression.

"I'm sorry...", he whispered. Somehow his words made a slight pain in my heart which caused the tears started pool in my eyes. It was not his fault but why he even bothered to apologize?

 

"If you are sorry, you should break this marriage plan. You must be regret that you will marry a suicidal woman like me…". I hoped he will change his mind after this incident. But this person seems not like common people.  

"I'm sorry but…your action just made me want to marry you more.", he replied.

"You-", I didn't finish my words because doctor came in the room with my mother and Mrs. Nam. I wanted to yell at him, curse him, hit him, but with the weak body, I just hopelessly lying in there.

"What happened with Miyoung?", I heard Mrs. Nam voice.

"It was just accident Omma. She will recover soon.", he replied. Why he even lie to his mother? My hate to him increased little by little without me knowing.

"Oh, it's relief.".

"I have a favor, Omma, Mrs. Lee.”, he suddenly said. I started to feel uneasy by hearing his serious tone.

"What is it honey?".

 "I want our marriage to be held as soon as possible.".

"What?!", the word came out automatically from my mouth. I really didn't understand what he is thinking and what his purpose is. Why he is so eager to marry me? I started to suspect him everything bad. I hoped my mother will reject his favor but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter