Chapter 3

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung’s POV

I was reading my favorite novel when my mother entered my room. That day was the graduation day, I supposed to attend the graduation party that night. But I didn't care at all, I was relief that finally I’m free from high school, that was the only one matter to me.

"Miyoung sweetheart, you should get prepare.", my mother said while sitting in the edge of my bed.

"I didn't plan to attend that party. I've already told you, have I?", I replied, still focusing on book.

"Yes, darling, I know it. But you should prepare because we will go to somewhere else", she added.

"Where?", I asked right away, somehow I felt uneasy for something that she might hide from me.

"Just dress nicely. We will eat dinner out", she simply answered and left the room after gave assuring smile. I didn't interaction with her nowadays, so I didn't have any idea about it. Okay, maybe it just some bonding time with my parent or for celebrating my graduation. Let's do her way, maybe I actually need it.

 

Should I run or not? That was the only one I thought that moment. I didn't know that "our" dinner not only for my family but also another family which I assumed my late father's friend. I could sense something fishy about this dinner. Parents…children of both was boy and girl. But I didn't dare to conclude anything until it stated clearly.

***

 

I was removing my make up when my mother entered my room. I tried to ignore her but she approached me and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"He is a good man, right?", she spoke first. I continued to doing my stuff.

"Miyoung honey, he is the right person for you."

"At least, you should told me before, so then I didn't have to be the only one who don't have any idea about it.", I replied finally.

"I'm sorry. I was afraid you would reject it if I told you beforehand."

"You knew I would reject it, but why you still did it Omma?! You don't care about my feeling at all.", I couldn't control my emotion, my tears fell uncontrollably.

"Miyoung-ah...", she stepped closer to me but I quickly stepped back.

"You make me marry someone that I don't even know just to earn more profit on your business? What a cheap-", my words didn't even finish because she slapped me. I glared at her. She quickly walked to my drawers and opened furiously. Finally she found something and came to me.

"This! Because of this!", she held up the bottle of my sleeping pills. I didn't have any idea how could she know about that.

"Why you consume this?", she asked me. I just shook my head. 

"Answer me Lee Miyoung!", she shouted at me. I didn't know how I must tell her. I just cried harder, now it was my turn to feel guilty. She came to me and guided me to sit in the edge of my bed. She hugged me and patted my back.

"It hurt me when I found those pills. I wondered if something happened and bothered you. But you always make distance to me and say you are fine.". I hugged her back.

"I want to help you to forget you problems, whatever it is. I thought that you need someone to lean on. I believe that Woohyun could help you to heal your pain", she explained. I shook my head.

"No, Omma. He will never love me. He will be disappointed.". She released her hug and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter