Chapter 5

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung’s POV

 

I shifted in my sleep and felt warmth wrap my body. I opened my eyes slowly and found myself in the large comfy bed. I scanned the surrounding. It was not my room. I proceed to sit while my brain trying to digest everything. Ah...I’ve been married. This is his house, he brought me to here yesterday. I was sad because now my life was not completely mine, but also his, as my husband.

I saw tray with a plate of breakfast and a glass of milk in the night stand. I shifted closer to it and grabbed the glass. I gulped down the milk while wondering where he is. I stood up from the bed and carefully exited the room. Walking to the living room, I found Mrs. Choi was tidying the room. She noticed me and greeted.

"Good morning, Mrs. Nam.". It was still unfamiliar to me, being called by that name.

"Have you see....him?", I stuttered. I didn't know how I should call him. 'Husband'? 'Woohyun-ssi'? It was still strange to let his name slipped out from my lips.

"Mr. Nam? I met him in front door. He was going to office.", she replied.

"Have you ate breakfast Ma'am?", she asked.

"I have one in my room".

"Oh, I just wanted to make for you, but since you've already have, I will do another chore.", she excused herself.

"So, it's not you who made breakfast?", my question made her stop and turned to me.

"I've just arrive half an hour ago. Ah, I forgot to tell that I only worked from 7 until dinner time.", she explained.

So...it was him?

 

 

I looked around the house then stared at the photo frames near the living room. There were photo of him with his family and friends. I picked one frames featured the photo of his graduation. He looked like a nice person. Somehow deep in my heart, I felt a bit pity to him because he has to marry me. No. He insisted to marry me without I knew the reason. I only hoped that the rest of my life wouldn't be worse with him.

***

 

 

"What are you doing in here?", the question came from my mouth as soon as he entered the room. It was already night, and he just came from the office.

"Sleep?", he replied with that innocent look. I was still not sure if he really nice person. I must not let my guard down. Before I spoke another word, he was already one step ahead.

"We've been married, so then nothing wrong with sleep together right?", his words only made me more anxious.

"But we don't love each other.", I purposely said that so then he didn't get any wrong idea about this marriage. I could see a slight changing expression in his face.

"It doesn't matter. We just sleep anyway.", he said while sat on the other side of the bed. I shifted my position further from him.

"Don't worry. I won't touch you without your permission. Good night.", he slipped under the blanket and tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter