Chapter 10

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

 

I came home around 11 p.m. and the room was already completely dark. It has been 3 days after the incident. I spent my night in Sunggyu hyung’s place or in office. And I couldn’t hold it anymore. I missed her badly. I was disappointed she didn’t say any word when I was home yesterday. Maybe we will give cold shoulder each other but it still better than separate with her any longer. 

I opened our bedroom’s door quietly, careful not to wake her up. I planned to sleep in the guest room but I wanted to look at her beautiful face before sleep. I kneeled down beside the edge of bed, where she slept. She looked restless as usual. I wonder if she still haunted by that nightmare. I saw trace of tears in her cheeks and caressed with my thumb.

I’m sorry Miyoung-ah, I couldn’t erase your sadness.

Just when I wanted to leave, suddenly her hand grabbed mine, to keep it stay on her cheek. Her eyes still shut but her hand held me tightly, I was not sure she completely sleep or not.

“Don’t leave me…”, I didn’t know it was really her voice or just my imagination because it was really low.

“I’m sorry… please… don’t leave me Woohyun-sshi…”, now I was sure that it was really her because I felt her trembling under my hand. Her sobs made my heart felt like it was stabbed by thousand knives. I quickly cupped her face to make her stop.

“Miyoung-ah….”, but she still sobbing, yet she didn’t open her eyes.

“Please… I’m sorry… Don’t angry with me. Don’t leave me…”, she said it almost like begging.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I hugged her head to assure her.

“Why must I leave you? You are my wife, you are my half, and you are my life. How could I leave you?”, I unconsciously cried, maybe because I held those emotions for too long. I felt she wrapped her hands around me and clutched into my shirt tightly.

“I thought…I thought you hate me… I thought you will leave me…”, she said and cried harder in my chest. I hugged her tighter and kissed the top of her head many times, to reassure her that I was still there. We were in that position in for several minutes before I slipped my body beside her on bed.

“Just promise me that you’ll never do that again. You don’t know how much I scare to lose you in front of my eyes.”, my voice sure came out hoarse due to crying. I felt her nodding in my chest. I rested my chin above her head. We stayed in that position in silence. Several minutes later I found her breath became steady as I looked her already in deep sleep. I her hair while admiring her beauty.

I will never leave you my wife, never.

***

 

Miyoung’s POV

 

I opened my eyes and found myself alone in bed. I woke up abruptly while processing everything in my head. Was it everything just a dream? But it was too vivid to be just a dream. His warmth, his touch, his voice.

I started sobbing in frustration. Do I miss him so much then I was being delusional about him? I didn't even know the different of dream and reality. I was sick of it, I was sick of myself. 

"Miyoung-ah, what happened? Why are you crying?", the person I wanted to see the most suddenly appeared and approached me while bringing the tray. He put the tray on the night stand then sat beside me.

I was still in daze, whether it still dream or not. But when he touched my cheek to wipe the tears, I knew it was real. The next thing I did was circling my arm to his neck. I hugged him tight so then he would never leave me again.

"I thought it was just a dream. I thought you leave me.", I said, expressing what was in my heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter