Chapter 7

The Fragile Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung’s POV

 

I felt my head throbbing. I couldn't open my eyes, it felt really heavy. I felt like burning inside my body yet I trembled of cold from outside. This must be the effect after I took shower in the middle of the night. I couldn’t help it, that nightmare still haunted me. That suffocated me. I whimpered because of the pain.

Suddenly a hand placed in my forehead. I jolted in surprise but my body couldn't react more because of lack of energy.

"Don't move. You have a high fever.", his deep yet caring voice somehow calmed me a little bit. Then he disappeared, left me still struggling through aching and throbbing around my body. Next minute, I felt cold wet towel placed in my forehead. After several minutes, it placed around my neck.

"Appa, can I have one day off? Miyoung is sick right now, I can't leave her. Yes. I will bring her to hospital if the fever not going down tonight. So is it okay then? Thank you Appa.", It seems that he talked to his father on the phone. His words made my heart fluttered. Does he really care to me? I didn't dare to have high expectation. I didn't want to hurt anymore.

"Mr. Nam, is Ma'am okay?", I heard Mrs. Choi asked.

"Her temperature is pretty high. Do we have a fever medicine?", he asked.

"I think we have some. I will make a porridge.", she replied. The towel in my forehead seemed changed to the new one, since it more cold and wet. I felt he was holding my hand while his other hand stayed on my head, caressing my cheek and my hair.

"Miyoung-ah, can you sit? You must eat and take a medici

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter