Seven

One out of Two

One out of Two | Chapter Seven


Hana woke up the next day with a raging headache. She wrinkled her nose and looked around her room. She sat there and listened.

Silence

The house was empty, Hana sighed as she wondered where her parents were. Why did they keep on avoiding her? Marrying Luhan was definitely out of the question, why couldn’t they accept that?

She got up and got ready for work, despite her head pounding, she dared not to complain because she was going to be at the SM headquarters instead of the hospital.

Hana picked her phone up as she brewed her morning cup of coffee; she read the text from Jongin and couldn’t help but smile.

Good morning Hana Banana! :)

She rolled her eyes and slipped her phone in her pocket.

 

Hana stepped into the SM building about an hour later. “Doctor Jung!” She turned around when someone called her name. One of the trainees ran up to her. “Doctor Jung!”

Hana read the nametag on taped to her shirt. Ah, she’s not a trainee…but an idol. She thought. She must be getting ready for a comeback. “Yes, Ari?”

“One of my members can’t walk properly; she said her leg hurts really bad.” Ari said, her face contorted with concern. “We were supposed to film our dance practice today but…she…”

“Show me.” Hana said softly as she followed the girl.

 

“It’s a little sprained.” Hana said. She wrapped her foot up and placed an ice pack over it. “Don’t dance today, or tomorrow…okay? If you don’t do anything reckless for the next two days you will be fine.”

“But the dance practice…”

Hana stood up. “Push it back two days.”

 

Jongin frowned when Hana came into their practice room. He took his phone out and furrowed his brows. “Late …two hours.” He mumbled.

“I got here a while ago.” She said. “One of the girls sprained her ankle and Onew has a cold, and your CEO is down with the flu too.”

Jongin walked over. “Are you okay? You didn’t catch anything right?”

She shook her head. “I’m fine.”

 

“Ew…so gross.”

The two turned their heads to see a sick Kyungsoo in the corner, he was wrapped up in a blanket with his eyes all swollen and his nose all red. “Get a room.” He mumbled.

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Hyung!”

Suho chuckled. “Kyungsoo’s sick…I heard it was the common cold?”

Baekhyun shook his head. “What happened to nothing can bring me down?”

Chanyeol stretched and the music. “Well, the common cold got to our Kyungsoo-hyung, am I right?”

Kyungsoo groaned. “Shut…up.”

 

Chanyeol turned the music down and scooted over to the little lad. “Do you want anything?”

“Hana.” Kyungsoo mumbled. “I want Hana.”

Jongin held his hands up. “Whoa whoa who-“

“To give me Tylenol.” Kyungsoo continued.

Jongin put his hands down and gave Hana a gentle push. “W-Well if it’s for that, she’s all yours.”

Sehun raised an eyebrow. “What’d you think he’d do? He’s Kyungsoo, he can’t even reach up to where Hana is.” The maknae scoffed. “She’s a tall noona.”

Kyungsoo shot the youngest a glare. “Oh you little…”

Sehun stuck his tongue out.

Suho smacked his arm lightly. “Hey! Be nice!”

Kyungsoo scowled. “Just wait until I get better you little crap.” He mumbled.

Hana took a seat next to him and dug into her bag for Tylenol. “You have a headache too?”

Jongin raised an eyebrow. “Wait…Hana you said you were fine.”

Kyungsoo popped a pill. “She lied.”

Hana stood up and reached into her bag for his sweater. “I’m okay.” She said softly before tossing him his sweaters. “Thanks for yesterday though.”

Baekhyun gawked. “Y-Yesterday?”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Hana came here for some reason and Jongin danced for her.”

Chanyeol turned around. “…You gave her a ?”

Sehun turned around as well. “Hyung’s a stripper?”

Chanyeol snapped his fingers. “Knew it.”

Hana chuckled as Jongin shook his head in defense. “W-What…”

Suho rolled his eyes. “Guys, come on…”

“I just….I came here…to show her my…dance.” Jongin said.

The boys laughed. “We know.”

Kyungsoo shook his head and curled up into a ball. “Gonna nap guys, wake me up when we practice okay?”

Hana shook her head. “No practice for you Kyungsoo, go home.” She said.

Suho turned to her with his mouth open. “Ah…Ah…”

“Doctor’s orders.” Hana said. “Kyungsoo…” she eyed the lad, then pointed to the door. “Before you get worst, before you pass out in the middle of the dance floor, before you end up in the hospital….okay?”

Kyungsoo stood up, still wrapped up in his blanket and nodded. “God bless your soul.” He mumbled. “Love you lots, Hana.” He mumbled before leaving the room.

Sehun gasped. “Whoa! Hyung…Kyungsoo beat you to it!” He laughed at Jongin. “He said love you to Hana before you did!”

Jongin wrinkled his nose. “Whatever…he’s sick, I’ll get him go.”

Hana took a seat. “This is going to be a long day.”  

 

***

“Lunch orders! Who’s gonna go?” Suho held up the piece of paper and a wad of cash. “Aw come on guys…I went yesterday.”

Hana stood up and reached for the piece of paper. “You guys eat a lot.”

“You mean Baekhyun and Chanyeol eat a lot.” Jongin said, he took a seat next to her. “Wanna go and get the lunch orders for the boys?” He asked. “Fresh air.” He grinned.

Hana glanced at him and looked back at the piece of paper, not only was his smile insanely attractive, but it was also irresistible. “A-Alright.” She said.

 

“Did you always want to be a doctor?” Jongin asked as he walked down the block with Hana, his hands were his pocket although they wanted to be in Hana’s grasp.

Hana shook her head. “To be honest…no.” She said. “I always wanted to be a writer.” She admitted.

“Then why…”

“Because my parents mapped out my life for me…from day one till the day I died, they always had a plan. I followed that plan for a while, I don’t know why but the feeling of getting to impress my parents always appealed to me. So I just went ahead and put myself through medical school, I finished high school two years early…and just to meet my parent’s expectations, I became a doctor.”

Jongin eyed her. “But…you’re not happy.” He mumbled. “You never smile.”

“I’m not happy but…at least my parents are.” Hana whispered.

Jongin stopped and grabbed her hand. “Hana.” He said.

She turned to face him. “People are watching.” She whispered.

“I don’t care.” Jongin said. “They wouldn’t know anyway.” He said, his cap was pulled down to cover his eyes.

Hana pressed her lips into a firm line.

“From today on….I want you to be happy.” Jongin said. “You were there for me when I needed someone the most; that panic attack was scary and you were there for me.” He said. “I want to be there for you too, and …when you’re sad, it kinda hurts…” Jongin mumbled.

“Hm?”

“When you’re sad, it makes me feel uneasy because…you’re so beautiful when you’re happy…I wish you knew that.”

Hana flushed pink and looked away, she tugged at his hand. “Let’s go…the boys are waiting.” She said quietly.

 

After lunch, Hana watched the boys practice and occasionally left the room to help someone who got hurt. She couldn’t get her mind off of what Jongin said.

It was true that she was rarely happy but when she was, it was because she was with Jongin…and he is one of the few people she knows who has seen her…happy.

 

Jongin walked her out again that day; he pushed her hair out of her face and took his snapback off.

Placing it on her head, he smiled. “See you later…okay?”

Hana nodded. “Later.” She said softly.

“Can you smile?”

She looked at him with a stoic expression.

“Please, beautiful?”

Hana looked away with a grin on her face. “Stop.” She said.

Jongin pushed the door open. “Night, Hana.”

 

He stood there and watched behind the glass door as she figure disappear, and then he heard a voice that sounded a little too familiar.

 

“I’d rather have my heart ripped out then see you call her beautiful with the same smile you once gave me.” 


[a/n] oh hellll
who do you think that is? ;)