Six

One out of Two

 One out of Two | Chapter Six


Hana walked into the hospital building a couple weeks later, things have been awkward with her parents. Ever since that phone coversation, they have been quite distant.

She grabbed a file and read through it. Walking into the lobby, she called out her patient’s name before walking back to her office.

The day dragged on and on, and for a second she wished she was back at the SM building with the boys.

 

Hana wondered how Jongin was doing; he had gone back to following his normal schedule last week. She sighed; she wondered why she was so worried about him. Why wasn’t she worried about Suho? He had so much stress on his shoulders and had to take care of his whole group. Why wasn’t she worried about Sehun? The maknae who was vulnerable and often broke down. Why didn’t she worry about Kyungsoo? He worked day and night just to come home to have to cook dinner for s. What about Chanyeol? And Baekhyun? Who were often exhausted all the time from the numerous vocal and dance routines.

Jongin had it easy, he loved dancing and more than anything he loved performing…but why was Hana so worried?

She remembered seeing him the other day, he seemed healthier than before and his dark circles were gone. He looked so happy during practice and even offered to teach her how to dance.

 

When her day was over, she grabbed her jacket and left the hospital. Even her coworkers questioned Hana’s behavior.

“Goodness!” Nurse Min eyed the girl as she left. “She didn’t even say hi to me, rude?”

Her fellow interns laughed. “Min! She’s...probably having a bad day or something, she looks so anxious.”

Nurse Min rolled her eyes. “Oh please, I know what it is. Hana’s in love, I’ve known the girl for a long time and every time she likes someone, she goes through a little crisis…And she’s silent throughout that whole crisis. Adorable.”

“Who is it?”

Nurse Min shrugged, pretending not to know. “No clue.”

 

Hana walked down the block slowly, her mind still pondering about a bunch of things. How was she going to explain to her parents that she didn’t want to marry Luhan? Even if she told them a couple of times over the phone, they thought she was just being delusional, but Hana knew very well that she was serious.

 

She snapped back into reality when she felt someone grab her free hand.

“Hana.”

She flinched.

Jongin chuckled. “Why do you look so startled?”

Hana stared at him speechlessly.

“Hana?”

“Where…did you…”

Jongin smiled. “Suho went to get a IV drip today, he left a couple hours earlier and I was with him but I stayed behind to …um… Well I couldn’t find you, the hospital’s so big.” He said sheepishly.

Hana smiled. “You...were looking for me?”

Jongin stared at her for a moment, astonished by her smile. She was absolutely stunning when she flashed her pearly whites. “Your smile…it’s so beautiful.”  He said.

Hana looked away and cleared . “So…where are you going now?”

“Can you come with me to the SM building? Suho’s still a bit under the weather and I want to show you something.”

“But-“

“Come on.” Jongin said as he gently tugged on her hand, he walked with her down the block. His fans were nowhere to be seen, with his black cap pulled down to cover his eyes and his face mask on, no one suspected anything.

 

“Oh man.” Jongin mumbled as he looked onto the next back, it had been about fifteen minutes since they left the hospital and there were a few fans outside. “One two three…nine…sixteen…” He counted all the girls and stood there.

Hana nudged him. “Jongin?”

They crossed the street slowly before Jongin pulled his cap off. He pulled it over Hana’s head and hugged her close to him as they made it through the swarm of girls.

It wasn’t long before the whispers erupted into screams. “Kai! Kai! Kai!”

Jongin turned around and waved before closing the door.

He turned to Hana and fixed her hair. “You okay? Sorry…they tend to touch whatever they can.”

Hana chuckled subtly and shook her head. “Well crap, now they know I’m in the building, they’re going to look for me when I leave…smooth, Kim Jongin.”

Jongin grabbed her hand again. “Hana, I got this all figured out, don’t worry.”

 

He waited patiently in the practice room; Hana went to take a look at Suho who was fast asleep in the recording studio.

Kyungsoo sat in a corner on his phone until he noticed his presence. “Jongin? Did you find Hana?” He asked as he turned around.

“Ye-“

“Did you leave without a hat on? What did manager say-“

“Hana’s wearing it.”

Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. “And why?”

“I came with her here and there were fans outside.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Ah…so is Hana the girl you were hugging on the way in?” The lad turned his phone around, his face clearly unamused. “Rumors Jongin, have you forgotten?”

Jongin shrugged. “I don’t care; if it’s Hana…I don’t care.”

“Do you…like her?”

Jongin stared at the older and stood up. “W-Well I should really practice that solo for our concert.”

Kyungsoo laughed and rolled his eyes. “No wonder he’s so giddy these days.”

 

Jongin turned the music off when Hana came in. “What’d you wanted to show me?”

Kyungsoo stood up and cleared his throat before leaving the room.

Jongin watched as he left before turning the music on. “This.”

 

Hana stood by the door and watched Jongin’s energetic dancing, there was something about the way his hips gyrated and the way his chest popped. His dancing in general was amazing.

She thumbed him up when the music ended. “That’s the Kai that’s been absent for the past few weeks.”

Jongin smiled. “Well, Kim JongKai is back.” He grinned. “We’re going on tour next month…I’d like it if you came.”

Hana sighed. “I…don’t know about that.” She thought about the family meetings and arranged dates that were planned. Even if she pushed to call off the marriage with Luhan, she wondered if her family agreed to it.

“Please?”

“I’ll see…”

“I’ll perform the best if you’re here with me.” Jongin said.

Hana pressed her head against the door frame. “Okay…Jongin.”

“We need a doctor anyway…if anything happens on stage.”

Hana rolled her eyes. “Oh please.”

“I’m serious!”

 

A couple hours later

 

Hana stared in the mirror, she had Jongin’s sweater on her and his cap pulled over her head once again.

“The fans wouldn’t recognize you.” Jongin reassured her. “It’s too dark outside.”

“Really?”

“You look great, don’t worry.”

Hana turned around. “Jongin…”

He picked up her bag and handed it to her. “I’ll walk to you the lobby.” He said as he grabbed her hand.

 

“Are you coming tomorrow?”

“Maybe, maybe not…why?”

Jongin frowned. “Can you?”

Hana scoffed. “I’ll be there.” She said before turning around to leave, then she got pulled back again.

“Hey…before you go, can you smile again?”

She pressed her lips into a firm line.

“Please? Hana…you look so pretty when you smile.”

Hana glanced at him again, unimpressed.

“Please? Hana Banana.” Jongin chuckled.

And at that, she couldn’t help but look away and laugh. “Bye Jongin.”


[a/n] ah, and their love story starts to unfold ^^ <3