2 Fate must be toying around with me.

A Fan Can Wish For A Friend

2

Fate must be toying around with me.

No matter how much I tried to sleep throughout my flight, I couldn’t get any. I can’t believe I’m on the same plane with Kim Myungsoo and on top of that, he was seating beside me. No members, no managers, no staff, just him. It didn’t take a while to conclude that he was Myungsoo though. Those eyes, those lips, dimple, and that smile, there is no denying that he was Myungsoo.

Why would I not know that it was him? Funny how destiny or fate works because he’s exactly one of the reasons why I’m on that trip.

Hi. My name is ___________ and it’s been a year since I earned my degree from the Uni. And instead of working and building a career of own, I am still stuck in my parent’s house. Even though I am already working part time for our family business, most of my time is still devoted to fangirling. Yes, I’m a fangirl. And as the years go by, especially after graduating… I felt like my fangirling has become a lifestyle, a lifestyle I could no longer cope with, and an unhealthy lifestyle. I needed to get out, reflect, and think about what to do with my life. Instead of using my earnings to purchase new albums, and go to concerts, I decided to just spend it all on a healing trip. A trip alone, a trip for me to slow down, a trip for me to think, a trip for me to look for answers... to look for my long lost self.

Fate must be toying around with me. I was on a trip to look for myself; instead I found that I was on the same trip with the man who has been the center of my life for years. The man whom I cried for when he was caught on scandals, the man whom I’ve spent my fortune just to see him perform for a few hours, the man whom I’ve had an unrequited love. What was I expecting? Of course, he was a big shot artist and I am just a fan from a foreign land. It was stupid of me to fall in love with him in the first place. I guess I excessively fangirled over him in the past…

A part of me wanted to talk to him, I thought I’d never have the chance to meet someone like him in the future. But I didn’t want to scare him; maybe he’d think I’m a stalker, or a crazy fan that would just ruin his trip. Besides, maybe he’s not really into talking to other people especially strangers right? He didn’t even say anything when I say Hi to him earlier.

To my surprise, I fell asleep even with all the anxiety that was building up inside me. But what surprised me more was when I felt a slight tap on my shoulders… it was my seatmate Myungsoo. He woke me up to say that we were about to land.

“Thanks” I said.

“You’re welcome. Where are you from? Vacation?” He asked.

“Philippines. And yes, a quick vacation before I start facing the real world.”

“Well then, enjoy your vacation. You’ll love it here.”

“I think I will. Thanks.”

The plane landed, he gave a quick wave and said goodbye. We went our separate ways, I waited for my luggage, and he went straight to the exit.

Once I stepped out of the airport… I took a breathe in…

“I know you’ll be good for me Jeju. I know you will.”