8 “What happened next, I was completely dumbfounded.”

A Fan Can Wish For A Friend

8

“What happened next, I was completely dumbfounded.”

I woke up with a package at the foot of my bed. It was placed on my bed, in my room, so I decided that it was for me. I’m used to my parents giving me random surprises when I wake up, so I wasn’t really doubtful about the package. But my heart was starting to beat crazily as I started ripping the plastic.

To my surprise, it was LBV! If this was before my Jeju trip, I would have cried out of happiness. It would have been the first time that my parents bought a kpop good for me. But, help. I am already living in the present no-kpop-fangirling life. Why would they buy me a photobook? But maybe I was wrong. The package was direct from my Korea. Who? When? Why? How? Maybe my friends sent it for me just to tease me.

I stared at the cover, it was simple just like the previous LBV’s. My hands were shaking like crazy when I was flipping the pages. The book was filled with photos of the other members, while they were on tour, rehearsing, and even when they were just lounging around. There were photos of the places they’ve been, the beautiful picturesque sceneries of the countries they have visited. All of the photos were taken by KIM. MYUNG. SOO.

As I have reached the last few pages of the book, I saw very familiar photos. Familiar? Why? Because I’ve been there, I was there when the photographer took those photos, I was with Kim Myungsoo. The last photo in the photobook was a photo of the sunrise at the peak in Jeju, tears fell as I was staring at it. It was as beautiful as the sunrise, I felt like the photo was bring me back to Jeju, to Myungsoo’s side. It was just a photo, but it was so meaningful. It was so beautiful to look at. Surreal. And I stare at the caption…

“To the sun that has been always been there for me, thank you. I love sunrise.”

That’s it. Goddamn it. Whoever sent me this photobook must be nuts. Is this even real? Or is it just a prank? I haven’t heard about Myungsoo for a long time and I don’t even know if he really released a new LBV or what. Why. Questions filled my mind and my heart, this is so not happening.