10 “Hi, my name is Kim Myungsoo and I would love to be your friend.”

A Fan Can Wish For A Friend

10

Hi, my name is Kim Myungsoo and I would love to be your friend.”

It’s past 1am and I just got off from a concert rehearsal and I am rushing to the airport. With a hoodie and a cap, I went inside Incheon Airport and was waving a board that says “Welcome to Korea, chingu!” It was quite embarrassing and I was glad there were only a few people, and I was sure that nobody recognized me.

Except for that one girl who just came out of the arrival hall. She recognized me immediately; I ran to her and took her luggage. It was quite awkward but I managed to talk first.

“Hi. My name is Kim Myungsoo and I will be your tour guide. Welcome to Korea.”

“Hi. My name is ___________ and I from the Philippines. I’m here for a few days to look around and maybe catch a concert. A friend of mine apparently got me some tickets and it would be such a waste if I won’t watch.”

“Your friend seems nice, I would love to meet him/her someday.”

“Him. And yes, he is very nice and I like him a lot.”

I walked her to the van that was waiting for us outside.

I gave her a slight hug from the back before she went inside the van…

“Nice to meet you, chingu.”

“It is my pleasure to finally meet you, Myung-chingu.”